"The Silver Tongued Devil"

soccerfreaks
soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788 Member
(Kris Kristofferson reference)

I have been wrestling with ways to eliminate trolls from this site (even though I am not being paid to do so, and so must just be a total nerd). I thought of a number of techno items (and passed these on), but they don't work with creeps. Creeps are like cockroaches and they just multiply. The more you do to get rid of them, it seems, the more they multiply.

Some of us ponder the mentality of people who pretend to have cancer, or who pretend to be doctors, or who, in fact, pretend to be heroes of wars. We ponder, more so, the tenacity of some of these people, what drives them to these places where they go in their minds, what drives them to hurt others for their own satisifaction, what makes them think that self-attention, self-aggrandizement, is worth what they do to others.

I, for one, have not figured it out. It is enough for me, for the moment, to say that they have serious mental issues. At one point I even suggested to folks on this site that we should not throw them out but welcome them because they need help even more than any of us ever do. You and I might die, after all, but they have to live with this.

We have cancer.

They have issues.

Some of them are now threatening users, if they have not done so before, and this makes it not just a serious problem here, but perhaps even something of a legal issue.

They have issues.

They are, of course, bullies, and fit the bully mode: I will hurt you from far away so that you cannot hurt me, because I am, in fact, a weak link in the food chain and would be afraid to confront you face to face.

That is what they are.

Cowards.

I would, frankly, challenge any of them to meet me face to face, despite my dimished weight and muscle mass, but that is not the way to do business, that is not the way to act like an adult.

I try to act like an adult when I can.

It is probably time, instead, for those of us on the 'Heart of Soul" soul train (what kind of name is that anyway? Good God! Is this guy still in the 80s? Disco ball flashing?) to get off at the next stop.

For someone who wrote to a number of women, a lot of women, professing his care for cancer survivors, he certainly shows no such concern.

And yeah, I'd like to meet the guy. I'd really like to meet the guy. But he's the kind who only shows up when the lights are out.

(No more of these posts either. Just a head's up.)

Comments

• sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    I hate trolls....
    They are the lowest of the low...

Don't mind ogres so much, ogres you can reason with. Even trick them to move heavy objects for you, they are strong, but not very bright. "I lift things up and put them down. I lift things up, then put them down..."

Hobbits, are great, their little furry feet are a marvel. Elves, they know how to party! Faeries, cute, but seriously annoying. They just flit about, flit, flit, flit, like a hummingbird on crack. How are you supposed to get anything done with all that flitting 'round ur head? But, at least they aren't malicious, like the trolls. Sneaky insidious trolls....

Right, back to the trolls. I agree they are evil b@st@rds. Should be shot on site. JMO
  • soccerfreaks

I hate trolls....
    They are the lowest of the low...

Don't mind ogres so much, ogres you can reason with. Even trick them to move heavy objects for you, they are strong, but not very bright. "I lift things up and put them down. I lift things up, then put them down..."

Hobbits, are great, their little furry feet are a marvel. Elves, they know how to party! Faeries, cute, but seriously annoying. They just flit about, flit, flit, flit, like a hummingbird on crack. How are you supposed to get anything done with all that flitting 'round ur head? But, at least they aren't malicious, like the trolls. Sneaky insidious trolls....

Right, back to the trolls. I agree they are evil b@st@rds. Should be shot on site. JMO

:)
    Thank you. I did not want to use any form of the verb "to shoot", so am glad that you did so for me, my friend.

Take care,

Joe
  • luv4lacrosse
    luv4lacrosse Member Posts: 1,410 Member

:)
    Thank you. I did not want to use any form of the verb "to shoot", so am glad that you did so for me, my friend.

Take care,

Joe

SHOOT
    "AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY"

VOTE YES FOR CONCEAL AND CARRY

MIKE
  • KTeacher
    KTeacher Member Posts: 1,103
    Did I completely miss
    Did I completely miss something?
  • buzz99
    buzz99 Member Posts: 404
    What trolls?
    Mystified as to what you are talking about. Karen
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    buzz99 said:

What trolls?
    Mystified as to what you are talking about. Karen

Trolls
    'trolls" - urban slang

Noun
    A member of an internet forum who continually harangues and harasses others. Someone with nothing worthwhile to add to a certain conversation, but rather continually threadjacks or changes the subject, as well as thinks every member of the forum is talking about them and only them. Trolls often go by multiple names to circumvent getting banned.

Someone who trolls the Internet and forums causing problems, sometimes spamming....etc

I was just being a goof-ball, because I am a huge science fiction fantasy geek. All puns were intended. We had/have trolls and spammers on our site wrecking havoc.
  • stevenl
    stevenl Member Posts: 587

Trolls
    'trolls" - urban slang

Noun
    A member of an internet forum who continually harangues and harasses others. Someone with nothing worthwhile to add to a certain conversation, but rather continually threadjacks or changes the subject, as well as thinks every member of the forum is talking about them and only them. Trolls often go by multiple names to circumvent getting banned.

Someone who trolls the Internet and forums causing problems, sometimes spamming....etc

I was just being a goof-ball, because I am a huge science fiction fantasy geek. All puns were intended. We had/have trolls and spammers on our site wrecking havoc.

Keep it up
    Hey sweet,

You just go ahead and keep being a goof-ball(gotta love it), you and soccer help keep this place interesting and your concern for others shines through goof-ball or not.

Best,
    Steve
  • Scambuster
    Scambuster Member Posts: 973
    stevenl said:

Keep it up
    Hey sweet,

You just go ahead and keep being a goof-ball(gotta love it), you and soccer help keep this place interesting and your concern for others shines through goof-ball or not.

Best,
    Steve

Stalking
    So is this a jab at someone messing with our women on these boards ??

Scam
  • mswijiknyc
    mswijiknyc Member Posts: 421

Stalking

Scam

goes farther than that
    This person preys on women who are in a vulnerable spot, has delusions of grandeur about themselves, and also routinely Googles medical information but passes it off as known fact whether it is truth or not. This person has the wonderful ability to deceive and take good people with him. This person polarizes like no other, gives medical advice without the experience to back it up, and in general is not the kind of person I would want to share space with.

I know this because he drew me in and I got caught in the middle of a lot of it. For that reason, and because of Pat too, I rarely visit the chat rooms here. That is the worst feeling in the world to be caught up in that, and happened at a horrible time for me. Not letting it happen again.

One of this person's followers (yes this person has disciples!) told me I need to shut up as I have no business as a caregiver saying anything, and this person said in effect the same thing. What was funny is this person knows nothing about H&N as (according to them) they never had it, and the follower that flamed me with two others and told me that is a caregiver also.

It amazes me how trying to help others becomes a game and a power trip. If everyone had the general rule of thumb that I do and only talk about their experiences, not try to speak on subjects they have no business speaking on, I would think things would be better. I may be only a caregiver, but Pat would never have come here, and if there is one thing that he went through that could be of some informational help at least I can hope it helps.

As you can tell, this is still a hard subject for me. Thought long and hard before I said anything. And I'm sure it will come back to haunt me . . . .
  • soccerfreaks

Stalking

Scam

Not sexy enough
    They appear here, Scam, but not so much, by far (or so it seems to me), as in other boards for whatever reason, and they cannot do as much damage in the boards as they can in the chat room, because the boards, by their very essence, allow for group monitoring, and for people like yourself and certainly others to be on the lookout for those with less than virtuous purpose (liars, charlatans, thieves, salesmen, mentally ill, who am I leaving out? Politicians? :)).

The whole point of the original post, despite the back blast I have received from some quarters, was to remind folks of that: that we need to be vigilant in policing activity ourselves.

In truth, this sort of thing seems to come and go in waves. But this time, it appears there is one with much greater tenacity and meanness, as illustrated by msw's response.

Overall, though, I would say this is one of the least contentious of the boards, proving once again that our cancer is simply not sexy enough :). That is not to say the creeps don't visit, because they do, as both msw and I can attest. But it seems not as bad here as in others.

Take care,

Joe
  • luv4lacrosse
    luv4lacrosse Member Posts: 1,410 Member

goes farther than that
    This person preys on women who are in a vulnerable spot, has delusions of grandeur about themselves, and also routinely Googles medical information but passes it off as known fact whether it is truth or not. This person has the wonderful ability to deceive and take good people with him. This person polarizes like no other, gives medical advice without the experience to back it up, and in general is not the kind of person I would want to share space with.

I know this because he drew me in and I got caught in the middle of a lot of it. For that reason, and because of Pat too, I rarely visit the chat rooms here. That is the worst feeling in the world to be caught up in that, and happened at a horrible time for me. Not letting it happen again.

One of this person's followers (yes this person has disciples!) told me I need to shut up as I have no business as a caregiver saying anything, and this person said in effect the same thing. What was funny is this person knows nothing about H&N as (according to them) they never had it, and the follower that flamed me with two others and told me that is a caregiver also.

It amazes me how trying to help others becomes a game and a power trip. If everyone had the general rule of thumb that I do and only talk about their experiences, not try to speak on subjects they have no business speaking on, I would think things would be better. I may be only a caregiver, but Pat would never have come here, and if there is one thing that he went through that could be of some informational help at least I can hope it helps.

As you can tell, this is still a hard subject for me. Thought long and hard before I said anything. And I'm sure it will come back to haunt me . . . .

WE HAVE YOUR BACK
    We look out for our own here. All we can do is push real hard to get these scumbags locked out of our site.

I am sorry you have had to go through some of this. Just when you think you cannot experience anything lower, then surprise, a lower form of scumbag shows up.

Take care

Mike
  • soccerfreaks

goes farther than that

parasites
    It's a bummer that you do not visit the chat room any more, my friend, as you are missed AND it means that he and his 'disciples' win one, in the short term.

These things DO happen in waves, they really do, and even if this head case is a bit more tenacious, msw, in the end, we will win out, you, me, Pat, all of us, because these kind of people are not winners; they are inherently losers or they would not be reduced to such garbage.

Do not let them win, msw, even short-term.

Thanks for speaking up, by the way.

Take care,

Joe
  • Noellesmom
    Noellesmom Member Posts: 1,859 Member

Not sexy enough
    They appear here, Scam, but not so much, by far (or so it seems to me), as in other boards for whatever reason, and they cannot do as much damage in the boards as they can in the chat room, because the boards, by their very essence, allow for group monitoring, and for people like yourself and certainly others to be on the lookout for those with less than virtuous purpose (liars, charlatans, thieves, salesmen, mentally ill, who am I leaving out? Politicians? :)).

The whole point of the original post, despite the back blast I have received from some quarters, was to remind folks of that: that we need to be vigilant in policing activity ourselves.

In truth, this sort of thing seems to come and go in waves. But this time, it appears there is one with much greater tenacity and meanness, as illustrated by msw's response.

Overall, though, I would say this is one of the least contentious of the boards, proving once again that our cancer is simply not sexy enough :). That is not to say the creeps don't visit, because they do, as both msw and I can attest. But it seems not as bad here as in others.

Take care,

Joe

Geez
    You leave for a few days and come back to this.

Trolls. Interesting. Thanks for the alert, although in my mind I think I was already chalking these people up to needy individuals with special problems.

Coming to you from north Alabama - hope anyone in this area survived those wicked tornadoes. It is a mess down here.
  • DrMary
    DrMary Member Posts: 531 Member

goes farther than that

I'm glad you said something
    I was skimming as I figured this was something I'd been ignorant of and could continue to do so, but it breaks my heart that this guy got to you during bad times.

This person sounds pathetic. .. . and a little creepy. I guess I'll read posts a bit more carefully from now on.
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member

Not sexy enough

Take care,

Joe

It’s a shame

But it does happen, that is one more reason why you should never post your e-mail address or phone number.

Good post Joe

All the best
    Hondo
  • Scambuster
    Scambuster Member Posts: 973

Geez
    You leave for a few days and come back to this.

Trolls. Interesting. Thanks for the alert, although in my mind I think I was already chalking these people up to needy individuals with special problems.

Coming to you from north Alabama - hope anyone in this area survived those wicked tornadoes. It is a mess down here.

Heads up
    Tx for the heads up and clarification Joe and sorry to hear such a person has disturbed anyone of our brothers or sisters here.

I don't do the Chat rooms so no idea of what transpired but if confronted by such fools, I usually make a hard swipe (not always) and then ignore them - Amen.

Best not to waste oxygen on such people and certainly not waste any emotional energy. Fate and karma with be driving a big bus that sorts these types out eventually.

Release the bad and breath in fresh and free good air.

Scam