liltazcat/Laurie's husband passed

Hi guys,
This message was posted in an older thred so I thought I should bring it to the front of the line in case some of you missed it. Heart breaking. Love..Sue

April 28, 2011 - 5:29pm
My beloved has passed
Came home with hospice care. They were wonderful and caring people who did a great job. We got home on April 8, and he was able to walk with assistance and feed himself. Within two days, I had to feed him every meal, and hold the cup for him to sip from a straw. Got him into the car and took him for a ride on Thursday afternoon. He got so he couldn't walk anymore, and on Tuesday he stopped opening his mouth for food. Tuesday evening he suffered 3 seizures within an hour the first lasting 10 min, the second 12 mins and the third one 15 mins. The hospice nurse came after the first seizure, and by the third one was on the phone with 911 to get him to the hospital to get IV seizure medication. She said we need to get the seizures under control. So at the hospital they gave us the choice of taking him home or to the inpatient hospice to be sure the seizures were under control. We choice inpatient hospice, and thank god as at 3 am he had another seizure that lasted only two minutes. This one left him in a coma and he had no use of his arms or legs. He laid lifeless until Thursday evening when he passed to eternal life at 8:30 pm.
My beloved husband is now with god in a better place without pain or suffering. I wish I could have kept him longer, but knew he would not have wanted to suffer any longer.

To all of you, PLEASE get the drug information on any drugs your doctor wants you to take.
Take the time to read and understand the side effects. Is PML rare? Yes, but it does happen and there is no cure. My husband took these drugs reguardless of side effects and never got sick. People didn't realize he had cancer because he never looked or acted sick. I didn't treat him like he was sick and he didn't want others to treat him that way either. When people knew and aske him how he was doing his response was always "great".
So the rare side effect got him, and until it did he lived life to the fullest, and did the things he loved. His opinion was "Life is for the Living" and he felt if he weren't living he might as well be dead. Said to think, and deal with now, but those words gave
me comfort in my time of sorrow, and I think that I'll have them carved in his head stone.
And always remember Life is for the Living.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Frank will be sadly missed by myself and all his loving family and friends.

Laurie

Comments

• allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    I'm so sorry Laurie!
    Dear Laurie,
    I am so very sorry to hear this news. I have wondered how things were going with your dear husband. I talked to my Oncologist last week about the JC virus and he said it was very, very rare. I have copied and saved all of your posts concerning your husband and will keep them in my cancer notebook for future reference. Thank you for sharing all of the information and making us aware. My heart hurts for you and your family and I will keep all of you in my prayers. Please feel free to post if you need support and comfort. We will always be here for you. God bless you Laurie...Love, Sue
  • truckingalong
    truckingalong Member Posts: 445 Member
    My thoughts are with you
    Laurie,

I relate what you are sharing. My mother passed away over a week ago to cancer. It is best for her not to suffer anymore but like your hubby, she had a full life. So it is good to remember those good days. May those memories comfort us all.

Blessings,
    Liz
  • miss maggie
    miss maggie Member Posts: 929
    Dearest Laurie
    Thank you Sue for forwarding Laurie's post.

Dear Laurie,

I too, was at a loss not knowing how Frank was doing. Also, so sorry I missed your post
    dated April 28. Laurie, I am so sorry for your loss of your beloved Frank. I have documented
    your post about PML, and rare as it is, you have to ask yourself why? Thanks to you, I will
    be so very careful, and do my homework on any drug offered to me.

My thoughts are with you and your family. Love Maggie
  • miss maggie
    miss maggie Member Posts: 929

Dearest Laurie
    Thank you Sue for forwarding Laurie's post.

Dear Laurie,

I too, was at a loss not knowing how Frank was doing. Also, so sorry I missed your post
    dated April 28. Laurie, I am so sorry for your loss of your beloved Frank. I have documented
    your post about PML, and rare as it is, you have to ask yourself why? Thanks to you, I will
    be so very careful, and do my homework on any drug offered to me.

My thoughts are with you and your family. Love Maggie

Beloved Frank
    Dear Laurie,

I wanted to add and forgot to mention: Through your grief, thank you
    so much for writing in detail your story. It couldn't have been easy so
    soon.

God Bless you. Love Maggie
  • Michele23
    Michele23 Member Posts: 168

Beloved Frank
    Dear Laurie,

I wanted to add and forgot to mention: Through your grief, thank you
    so much for writing in detail your story. It couldn't have been easy so
    soon.

God Bless you. Love Maggie

Deepest Sympathy
    Oh Laurie,I very sorry to hear you lost Frank.It may have been a brief moment here with us but he touched lives.Maybe you should put that story in book form.Hugs,Michele DX95 FNHL3
  • yesyes2
    yesyes2 Member Posts: 591
    Michele23 said:

Deepest Sympathy
    Oh Laurie,I very sorry to hear you lost Frank.It may have been a brief moment here with us but he touched lives.Maybe you should put that story in book form.Hugs,Michele DX95 FNHL3

Sadness and Sympathy
    Dear Laurie,

I was very saddened to hear about Franks passing. I posted a longer reply on your original post but wanted to thank you for letting us know of his passing. I am truely sorry your family had to travel this path. May you relish in the happy moments of your life.

With blessings to you,
    Leslie