OT - So, the oldies station was on

Options
sbmly53
sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
as it almost always is in my car. Worked half a day, ran up to help my Mom, shopped, cooked, eetc. Then ran about 10 errands for myself. It has been very warm here, but with wicked thunderstorms & tornado watches (a few touched down) but certainly not on the scale that the rest of the country has seen.

Anyway, it's a little more than an hour to Mom's and the radio keeps me awake and focused. They played 'Double Shot' by the Swingin' Medallions. And, oh, how I love that song. It's fun, it's got a great beat and you can dance to it - I'd rate it a 95! (American Bandstand humor). Remember, I'm 57....

There are many great songs from so many genre's, but this is one that makes me move and smile.

How about you?

Sue

Comments

• TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    Does the 80s count as "oldies"?
    :-) Traci
  • sunshine0406
    sunshine0406 Member Posts: 65
    Options
    I love country
    I am a country music fan myself. I do like oldies also, but my 3 favorite songs right now are "I won't let go" ( http://youtu.be/Af8mB9ABuJA ), "Stand" (http://youtu.be/IcEA36jW66c) both by rascal flats (I did not know they sang both songs until I looked it up right now.) and "if your going through hell" by Rodney Atkins (http://youtu.be/FXL65Nd_O1o). all the you tube links are to videos with the lyrics. I use to watch American bandstand when I was little, I am only 36, was I watching reruns?? I don't know but I loved it.
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Options
    Love it!
    I love, love, love that song! What great memories! (I'm 59)
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    linpsu said:

Love it!
    I love, love, love that song! What great memories! (I'm 59)

dancing
    Sue, that is a great song but I hope you weren't doing TOO much dancing while you were driving.lol I love the oldies, don't think I can pick just one song. Now I listen mostly to country.
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options

dancing
    Sue, that is a great song but I hope you weren't doing TOO much dancing while you were driving.lol I love the oldies, don't think I can pick just one song. Now I listen mostly to country.

Love the Oldies! I'll be 57
    Love the Oldies! I'll be 57 in July so I can relate.
    Thanks for the walk down Memory Lane.
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Sue
    I too love the oldies! Of course, I'm 62 and the oldest of 4 girls. We taught ourselves to dance watching American Bandstand. My favs are from the 60's but I also like the 70's and yes, Traci, the 80's. I do have to say I like some of the new songs out today. Sorry, but I don't like country music but for a few exceptions. I love singing to the Beach Boys while driving along in my car :D
    Char
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Sue
    I too love the oldies! Of course, I'm 62 and the oldest of 4 girls. We taught ourselves to dance watching American Bandstand. My favs are from the 60's but I also like the 70's and yes, Traci, the 80's. I do have to say I like some of the new songs out today. Sorry, but I don't like country music but for a few exceptions. I love singing to the Beach Boys while driving along in my car :D
    Char

Love the oldies
    I listen to different stations. My favorite is "Unchained Melody".Never hear it but last night heard it twice. I like some of the new songs but they must be played over and over till I get used to them.I am 64.

The music I can't take is what my grandchildren listen to. It is ashame some of the songs singers are allowed to record. AND the radio stations play them. SAD

Lynn Smith
  • BioAdoptMom
    BioAdoptMom Member Posts: 358
    Options
    I had my first chemo on
    I had my first chemo on Friday so am home from work today and you just inspired me to go out and turn on the TV, to Music Choice, 70's! Love those 70's (I'm about your age - 52), 80's and Golden Oldies!

Nancy
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options

I had my first chemo on
    I had my first chemo on Friday so am home from work today and you just inspired me to go out and turn on the TV, to Music Choice, 70's! Love those 70's (I'm about your age - 52), 80's and Golden Oldies!

Nancy

In my opinion
    In my opinion there is no music after the 70's, with very few exceptions. I'm also 57, so I totally relate. The stuff my granddaughters listen to makes me want to find a clock tower and an oozie (you can tell I'm only kidding cause I don't think I spelled it right) but you know what I mean.

marge
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    Options

I had my first chemo on

Nancy

My favorite singer is Neil
    My favorite singer is Neil Diamond. I think I can be counted in the "old age" group.

Lorrie
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options

My favorite singer is Neil
    My favorite singer is Neil Diamond. I think I can be counted in the "old age" group.

Lorrie

Lorrie,
    I love " I Am I Said

Lorrie,
    I love " I Am I Said by Neil Diamond. Hot August Night was a great album!
    Album? What's that. :)
  • a1axelady
    a1axelady Member Posts: 4
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Does the 80s count as "oldies"?
    :-) Traci

Radio Oldies
    I love the 80s and according to the stations around here they count as oldies. LOL Guess that makes us oldies too.