Relay for Life Tomorrow

2»

Comments

• Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    LYaklin said:

There is just something about RFL that cannot be put into words accurately. People have to experience it to understand, ya know? Last year's Relay was hard for me. It was my 2nd year as a survivor, but my 1st walking without my mom whom we had formed the team in 2006 in honor of. I am however immensely grateful I did get to take my 1st lap as a survivor holding mom's hand.

This year, I am chairing the survivor committee. Ironically, my co-chair and I are going through chemo together. This will be her first year as a survivor! It will be an honor to walk with her. I am coordinating the ceremony while she is hosting the reception. I came up with the idea that I want every participant in the survivor ceremony to be a survivor and I am so amped up about it. Even my guest singer is a survivor! Just figure it will show new survivors, as well as everyone else, that cancer is a word, not a sentence.

Kudos to you for the special person you are, and keep up the great work!

L

You are amazing and a very
    You are amazing and a very special sister to do this! Thank you Donna!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member

Our Relay
    Our Relay for Life is coming up beginning of June.I should be gettig my paperwork soon.It was also be my 2nd Walk. It was fun and I walked alot.As much as some of the younger people.

I even got my husband to walk and he had fun.

Lynn Smith

Good luck with your relay
    Good luck with your relay Lynn! Thanks for walking for us!
  • rainbow4
    rainbow4 Member Posts: 137
    LYaklin said:

There is just something about RFL that cannot be put into words accurately. People have to experience it to understand, ya know? Last year's Relay was hard for me. It was my 2nd year as a survivor, but my 1st walking without my mom whom we had formed the team in 2006 in honor of. I am however immensely grateful I did get to take my 1st lap as a survivor holding mom's hand.

This year, I am chairing the survivor committee. Ironically, my co-chair and I are going through chemo together. This will be her first year as a survivor! It will be an honor to walk with her. I am coordinating the ceremony while she is hosting the reception. I came up with the idea that I want every participant in the survivor ceremony to be a survivor and I am so amped up about it. Even my guest singer is a survivor! Just figure it will show new survivors, as well as everyone else, that cancer is a word, not a sentence.

Kudos to you for the special person you are, and keep up the great work!

L

Love it!
    That's a great way to do the survivor ceremony! If ours wasn't already far along in the planning stage, I'd steal your idea. We do have something very special this year - a man will be speaking who is a 50 Year Survivor!! That's so impressive to me, and I hope it really encourages others.
    -rainbow4
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Thanks
    Thanks for walking for all of us, Donna! Your hair looks great, and congrats on the weight loss. And you are truly a special lady for making all of those caps - how sweet of you! Have fun and let us know how it goes! Hugs, Linda