Phase I/II clinical trial: viral therapy

LaundryQueen
LaundryQueen Member Posts: 676
I found this on the Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center web site (866-627-7616)

This is biological therapy instead of chemotherapy.

Viral Therapy in Treating Patients With Ovarian Epithelial Cancer, Primary Peritoneal Cancer, or Fallopian Tube Cancer That Did Not Respond to Platinum Chemotherapy

Identifier NCT00602277

Purpose

Viral therapy may be able to kill tumor cells without damaging normal cells.

This phase I/II trial is studying the side effects and best dose of viral therapy in treating patients with ovarian epithelial cancer, primary peritoneal cancer, or fallopian tube cancer that did not respond to platinum chemotherapy.

Eligibility

Eligibility criteria include the following:

At least 18 years old
Recurrent cancer
Measurable disease
Received at least one regimen of chemotherapy (such as carboplatin or cisplatin)
No brain metastases
At least 4 weeks since chemotherapy
No previous radiation therapy to the abdomen or pelvis
For more information about the eligibility criteria for this trial, refer to the Health Professional version.
Final eligibility for a clinical trial is determined by the health professionals conducting the trial.

Treatment Some patients will receive a 1-hour infusion of viral therapy on days 1-5 in course one followed by placement of an intraperitoneal port. Beginning in course two, they will receive a 1-hour infusion of viral therapy on days 1-5 and an intraperitoneal infusion of viral therapy on days 1 and 2. Treatment may repeat every 4 weeks for as long as benefit is shown.

Other patients will undergo placement of intraperitoneal port. They will then receive a 1-hour infusion of viral therapy on days 1-5 and an intraperitoneal infusion of viral therapy on days 1 and 2. Treatment may repeat every 4 weeks for as long as benefit is shown.

Patients will undergo a CT -guided tumor biopsy for laboratory studies.

After finishing treatment, patients will be evaluated for up to 12 weeks.