Just my update

Options
braelee2
braelee2 Member Posts: 130
I just wanted to let everyone know what has happened in the past few weeks. I finished chemo and was as happy as can be. had my ct scan and seen the doc. He gave me two thumbs up and I felt like I won the lottery,. But 3 days later ended up in the ER with stomach ach. They said I had diaberticuits. Kept me to treat me with antibotics. I started running high fever. They ran a bunch of test and then found an abcess on my colon. Had to go Surgier to have it removed. 14 day in the hospital. Now home healing. I feel like I'm starting all over again. I got so depressed being in the hospital and away from my kids. I just want this to be all over and be back to myself. Everyone keeeps telling me how strong I am but I feel like I'm falling apart. And nothing is going right. Sorry to have be so negative just had to vent..and cry.

Comments

• Lifeisajourney
    Lifeisajourney Member Posts: 216
    Options
    Just wanted to say I
    am sorry you are going thru this when you are so young. I have diviticulitis and have had many episodes, but never had to have surgery for it, but have a nephew and aunt that did. I am surprised to hear so little about it on this site as it is so prevelent. I am currently having to watch what I eat and just finished meds. So watch your diet after you get better. So sorry for you, it seems one thing after another.....thoughts are with you for a speedy recovery...Pat
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options

Just wanted to say I
    am sorry you are going thru this when you are so young. I have diviticulitis and have had many episodes, but never had to have surgery for it, but have a nephew and aunt that did. I am surprised to hear so little about it on this site as it is so prevelent. I am currently having to watch what I eat and just finished meds. So watch your diet after you get better. So sorry for you, it seems one thing after another.....thoughts are with you for a speedy recovery...Pat

Feel so sorry for it but you fought hard and diverticulitis will
    not beat you for sure! just a few day more and enjoying good things of life! .
    Have a big hug!
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    It's What Everybody Wants
    All of us just want it to be over with but as you've seen, there are so many unforeseen complications that can arise from the treatments and surgeries that we had performed to try and stay ahead of this thing.

14 days in the hospital is a long time...I spent 13 during one stretch and it's amazing how your live whittles it way down to the hospital routine....we forget there is anything else. And of course, you have children, so that's gotta' make it doubly difficult.

The best that any of us can say to one another is "You're strong." But sometimes, that just does not help much does it? It's always more challenging when you're the one going through the process. Of course, some people mean it and some folks pay "lip service." Only you know who is telling you the truth.

And the truth is...you've come through alot since I met you. You took all of your treatments and got a good report, so that's very positive. The surgery was a setback and many of us have ended up back in the hospital after having a surgery. Afterall, they have removed something that was holding together and now there's a hole and complications can happen from any surgery.

Just take comfort in knowing you had the tenacity to weather this fight and good things will certainly follow you, as soon as the storms dry up and blow away in your life. I know it can be difficult, but there is good fortune in your future. Here's hoping that everything will indeed get behind you and you can once again move forward with your life....it's the dream that we all want...and that all of us aim and shoot for.

And BTW, "you're strong." And that's not lip service from me.....I think you've done well and handled things as you saw fit.

Hold onto these good thoughts as maybe they can help ease some pain in the upcoming days. Thanks for posting.....I know it sounds corny, but I had wondered what had happened to you.....and now I know. Take care!

-Craig
  • z
    z Member Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    braelee
    Hello, so sorry for all the trouble. Now that the abcess is gone it shouldn't happen again hopefully. My dad and grandma had the diverticulitis, and were told to stay away from anything with seeds, because it can get lodged in the colon and then you get the infection. That happened to my dad once cause he ate handfuls of nuts when he wasn't suppose to and had to have part of his colon removed. I hope that you will continue to heal and regain all of your strength. I wish you well. Lori
  • thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Our thoughts and prayers are
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery! We have gains and setbacks.

Best Always, mike
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Oh, me.
    I'm so sorry about this latest difficulty. That really was a long time to be in the hospital! I'm praying you will recover and just keep gettting better and better!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    Cry
    Cry away my friend. You have every right to cry. You are strong but falling apart every once and awhile is what we all need to do to pick up and go again. I am sorry things got hard again. I hope and pray your recovery from surgery goes well. I'm glad you are home.

Take care.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Ahh hun
    So sorry, you were having it so bad. But they're right, you are strong, that's why they say it. And sure, you have your fall apart minutes, we all have and still do.
    Giving you a pat or two on your hand, letting you know, it'll be alright once again.
    Vent and cry, we've all done it, and it sure helps when you feel you've reached bottom, then it's time to climb back up after you're done.
    Thinking of you.
    Winter Marie