Options
2»

Comments

• ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Alexis F said:

Be sure and post when you
    Be sure and post when you can. Good luck!

Lex

Hating lumps
    Glad you are positive, and heading straight to the docs. Keep us informed.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

Hating lumps
    Glad you are positive, and heading straight to the docs. Keep us informed.

Let us know what your
    Let us know what your doctors say when you have a minute.

Hugs!
  • BioAdoptMom
    BioAdoptMom Member Posts: 358
    Options
    I am praying for you as we
    I am praying for you as we speak! Let us know what the doctor says. Hopefully he'll be able to reassure you. (((((HUGS)))))

Nancy
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    LVG said:

Certainly Praying for you...
    And have prayed that all is well for you. Very glad you were able to get in so quickly.

Praying for good news from
    Praying for good news from you!

Hugs, Leeza
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Nothing yet
    The chemo doctor was set on his agenda yesterday so I have no news on the lump yet. Seeing surgeon this afternoon and will let you know.
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    Options

Nothing yet
    The chemo doctor was set on his agenda yesterday so I have no news on the lump yet. Seeing surgeon this afternoon and will let you know.

Sending loving thoughts and
    Sending loving thoughts and prayers your way...
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    The verdict
    The Med. Oncologist did not look at the lump/thickness I found and seemed to be bent on his own agenda yesterday. I would have insisted he look at it but I knew I had an appointment this afternoon for the surgeon who did my lumpectomy to check it out. I truly have more confidence in his opinion at this point, as he would know what if any re-arranging he may have had to do while doing the lumpectomy. I had only just met the chemo doctor yesterday.

The surgeon said that what I had was an inflamed blood vessel in my breast. I tended to think the same thing even before seeing him, as what I found was about the shape of a pencil and about 2 inches long. None the less, I was glad that I had it checked out. I am in a war with a very formidable foe and will leave nothing to chance. We also needed to talk about him putting in my port so the visit was like a double exam for the same money. Woooo Hoooo. I love bargains. The appointment actually served to shorten the time between the chemo consult and the port surgery as I am sure I would have had to wait 3-5 days for an opening in the surgeons schedule if I had not set the appointment last Friday morning. Thank God for giving the common sense to call him then, the common sense to not panic by jumping to conclusions, and for the the good news that it was indeed nothing to worry about.
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Options

The verdict
    The Med. Oncologist did not look at the lump/thickness I found and seemed to be bent on his own agenda yesterday. I would have insisted he look at it but I knew I had an appointment this afternoon for the surgeon who did my lumpectomy to check it out. I truly have more confidence in his opinion at this point, as he would know what if any re-arranging he may have had to do while doing the lumpectomy. I had only just met the chemo doctor yesterday.

The surgeon said that what I had was an inflamed blood vessel in my breast. I tended to think the same thing even before seeing him, as what I found was about the shape of a pencil and about 2 inches long. None the less, I was glad that I had it checked out. I am in a war with a very formidable foe and will leave nothing to chance. We also needed to talk about him putting in my port so the visit was like a double exam for the same money. Woooo Hoooo. I love bargains. The appointment actually served to shorten the time between the chemo consult and the port surgery as I am sure I would have had to wait 3-5 days for an opening in the surgeons schedule if I had not set the appointment last Friday morning. Thank God for giving the common sense to call him then, the common sense to not panic by jumping to conclusions, and for the the good news that it was indeed nothing to worry about.

Love Your Thought Process
    Dear Laughs a Lot,

You are going to be fine. I am impressed with your thought process and you plan of action.

I learned from the postings on this site that we have the option to fire any doctor who does not measure up to our expectations. Be strong with your medical oncologist who is the most important doctor in your life. I don't know what you meant when you stated that your medical oncologist had his own agenda. That does not sound comforting to me.

You made me laugh when you stated Woooo Hoooo and that you love bargains.

I look forward to reading more of your postings.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle