Tongue primary vs. tonsils and feeding tubes

Options
13»

Comments

• sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options

OMG
    After reading what everone has wrote, I feel as though I am not alone....I hope your treatment goes well, and that you pull through like a trooper! I was actually pregnant my second round of the cancer comming back in my lymphnodes....First time I had it ont he side of my tongue, partial glassectomy and neck dissection....they held off on treatments since I was young and had young children to care for..but it came back in the neck on the other side, putting me at stage 4a....My last radiation treatment was Jan 31....I was given Erbitux (once a week for 8 weeks) for chemo since it was 'safe' for pregnancy...(meaning no reported deaths) and had 32 radiation treatments...My mouth is still trying to get back to normal...food still doesnt taste right....my salivia isnt the same either...I recommend a toothpaste called Biotene...Its wonderful and doesnt burn as bad as the other brands...I still cant brush with regualr paste...My teeth have become super sensitive because of treatments...I wasnt able to brush for a long time...I didnt need a tube...couldnt actually cause of the pregnancy, so I gained as much as I could and lost a bit...It took everything I had to get the food down to the baby...I counted calories and manages to put down about 1200 a day..not much...I dont knwo if anything I have written has helped...I miss certin foods alot...got hooked on painmeds and the docs helped ease me off of them but it still sucked...I really hope you sail through this, and YES bring music!!! I couldnt have made it without!!! Before you knwo it you will learn the routine and maybe even fall asleep before they are over! I caught myself snoring alot lol...Oh, and the baby is doing great..he was born 2 months eary..just 2 weeks after my last treamtment...! 2lb 13oz... He is now over 7 lbs and just absloutly amazing......Good luck, and keep all of us posted as to how you are doing!!! xoxoxo

Bunnymuffin
    Good grief!!! You have to be one tough cookie, going thru treatment pregnant. Wow. I'm in awe woman, you rock.