Options
2»

Comments

• susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    BMS said:

Starting rads
    Sorry you are having the burns. But this was a help for me as I go for my mapping today and start rads next week. Always such good advice here.

BMS, everyone is an
    BMS, everyone is an individual in rads, so, many do not burn. So, don't worry about that. I got really dark pink, but, I never burnt. Good luck to you!
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Options

Thank you all for your
    Thank you all for your suggestions. My RO called back and told me to d/c the elta lite cream and to take ibuprophen for the burning and soreness. He said he will look at it on Monday. He said,"You shouldn't be burning this early," and I said, "yes, but I am, so..." He thinks it might be an allergy to the cream. I am not so convinced but I will be a good girl and play along. It is really sore, almost painful too. Leave it to me to get something that I'm not supposed to have! Oh well, all I can do is wait for Monday and hope for the best. Thanks again.

Dianne

Don't be a good girl
    Dianne,
    Do not be a good girl! Never be a good girl when you are in jeopardy as you are the one who is paying the price...no one else. Okay, you had a weekend that came up. The 23rd was Friday and you were scheduled to see your doctor on Monday.

Each person is an individual and all individuals react in a different way. I don't believe in a norm, nor do I feel the doctors should believe in a norm. I hope he was able to help you. Did he change your cream? Also, if he felt that you were having an allergy reaction to the cream, why did he not recommend another cream when he spoke to you on Friday?

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    Kiantae said:

Silicone Basting Brush
    My skin burned and blistered towards the end. My husband helped put the lotion on before bed and we used a silicone basting brush to spread the lotion. It spreads the lotion evenly and there was even pressure unlike having someone use their hand. It can also be used by someone who applies lotion to themselves. Granted, after treatment did throw it away and not back in the kitchen drawer.

for those who burned
    I am very light/fair skinned and did not burn at all! NO dry skin just big square tan!

Just curious if anyone notices difference with skin being fair, dark etc. OR I JUST happened to fortunate!
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options

for those who burned
    I am very light/fair skinned and did not burn at all! NO dry skin just big square tan!

Just curious if anyone notices difference with skin being fair, dark etc. OR I JUST happened to fortunate!

Dianne, I hope you get some relief soon
    I'm glad you're going in on Monday for them to look at it. Could very well be an allergy. I got really red after about the 25th treatment--but never blistered or anything. I used the creams religiously and the pure aloe vera (kept in the fridge) certainly helped to cool things off.

Sending you all my positive energy for good results.

Hugs, Renee
  • sunshine0406
    sunshine0406 Member Posts: 65
    Options
    I too started getting red
    I too started getting red early (the FIRST day). My dr also said I should not be red already, but I was...he also told me I had to be allergic to some cream but no I was just getting red. I then heard that if you are Irish you might get red sooner (from the same d@#& nurses that said I should not be red yet) I agree with different ballgame who said you should not be a good girl tell them... my dr finally listened and stopped the boils treatments. I am still very red and am pealing under my arm and it itched like crazy. How are you now did they change anything? I hope you are feeling better.
  • Hippiechick58
    Hippiechick58 Member Posts: 320
    Options

I too started getting red
    I too started getting red early (the FIRST day). My dr also said I should not be red already, but I was...he also told me I had to be allergic to some cream but no I was just getting red. I then heard that if you are Irish you might get red sooner (from the same d@#& nurses that said I should not be red yet) I agree with different ballgame who said you should not be a good girl tell them... my dr finally listened and stopped the boils treatments. I am still very red and am pealing under my arm and it itched like crazy. How are you now did they change anything? I hope you are feeling better.

Thank you ladies for all the
    Thank you ladies for all the good info! My RO said I was allergic to the cream (Elta Lite) so I switched to Eucerin during the day and aquaphor at night and so far so good. A little itchy and sore but I understand that is to be expected. 21 more zaps to go! But who's counting.

Thanks Again,
    Dianne
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

Thank you ladies for all the
    Thank you ladies for all the good info! My RO said I was allergic to the cream (Elta Lite) so I switched to Eucerin during the day and aquaphor at night and so far so good. A little itchy and sore but I understand that is to be expected. 21 more zaps to go! But who's counting.

Thanks Again,
    Dianne

Glad the switch to different
    Glad the switch to different creams helped you. Good luck with rads!

♥ Kristin ♥
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Kristin N said:

Glad the switch to different
    Glad the switch to different creams helped you. Good luck with rads!

♥ Kristin ♥

21 more to go and then we
    21 more to go and then we will all celebrate with you!

Hugs, Debby
  • renee616
    renee616 Member Posts: 181
    Options
    DebbyM said:

21 more to go and then we
    21 more to go and then we will all celebrate with you!

Hugs, Debby

Has anyone had radiation
    Has anyone had radiation after having a silicone implant put in?
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    renee616 said:

Has anyone had radiation

NOPE here
    I was told quite emphatically by all my Drs. (Rads, Chemo, Surgeon and my PA) that I had to wait at least a year to think about recon. So now almost 1 1/2 years since surgery - late May I will have an appt with the PS to see if I am even a candidate for recon.
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Options
    renee616 said:

Has anyone had radiation

1 Year Later
    I had a recurrence on my scar tissue. It happened 1 year after the implants were inserted (or 3 years from the mastectomy). Radiation will change the tissue within your breast. Initially, my reconstructed was soft and supple, felt like a real breast. Six months after radiation the breast is heavier and firmer inside.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options

1 Year Later
    I had a recurrence on my scar tissue. It happened 1 year after the implants were inserted (or 3 years from the mastectomy). Radiation will change the tissue within your breast. Initially, my reconstructed was soft and supple, felt like a real breast. Six months after radiation the breast is heavier and firmer inside.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle

I was told you can only have Radiation
    ONCE in life per body part (breast etc)

So what happens it you get reoccurance? NO treatment?

Denise...