Options
2»

Comments

• Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Patrice,
    You are a very strong woman and, come Tuesday, you will once again rely on the inner strength that you possess. We will all be there with you, so don't be alarmed as you hear whispers and feel gentle caresses.

There will be more positive energy, prayers and good wishes coming your way that you can imagine.

Gentle hugs,

Sue

Sending positive thoughts,
    Sending positive thoughts, prayers and good luck to you Patrice.

Lex
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

Me Too
    Patrice, I understand how you are feeling. I am also having a bilteral mascetomy this Tuesday april 26. I am also scared and VERY sad. I like you and all of our other pink sisters who have gone through this before us, don't want this surgery. But we want to live and right now the only way that we are going to do that is by having these surgeries. So I'll make a deal with you, I'll hold your hand if you'll hold mine. Together we can do this and enjoy our lives for many,many years to come. And we are not alone, we have everyone on this board fighting with us and cheering us on. I will be praying for you.

Hugs and God Bless You,

Dawne

God bless you too Patrice
    God bless you too Patrice and good luck with your surgery.
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Patrice wishing you strength and courage
    First of all welcome to the most fabulous club that no one wants to belong to. But you are
    in good hands here. This board is brim full of intelligent and very caring women that are
    there for you in your darkest hours.

I always looked at it a means to my purpose - living. And if I looked it from that perspective
    it was doable. My doctors recommended me a lumpectomy but I decided to go all the way. I
    wanted to do the most I can and also I could just see myself frantically searching my breasts
    for more lumps. This gave me peace of mind. It is scary, I admit but it is also very doable.
    Don't be afraid of taking too many painkillers and make yourself as comfortable as possible.
    I hope you have someone to take care of you during your recovery.

If I had to make you one suggestion I would say get these little pillows that go under your
    armpits. Don't ask why but they worked wonders for me. I camped out on the couch with
    my heart shaped pillows under my arm and my nighty with a zipper and pockets to carry
    my drains. But I tried to make it fun, watched all the movies I always wanted to see, called
    all the people I didn't talk to in a long time. Ok, yeah I ate chocolate .. (:

Will you be getting reconstruction right away? What instrument do you play?
    I was in NYC too on 9/11 but I was on the upper west side and all the debris
    actually made it's way there. It was a sad but also very incredibly inspiring time.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • bethsbaby
    bethsbaby Member Posts: 61
    Options
    Thinking of You Tomorrow
    Hey Patrice,

I wanted to come back and send you a message to let you know that I understand all of your fears and concerns. I had my BMX on March 2nd, and remember vividly the night before. I hope that you can get some sleep and hopefully a little rest and relaxation. When I got to the hospital, I was nervous, but they took really good care of me, and I am sure they will take care of you too. I will pray that your doctors and nurses will use all of their knowledge and energy along with the energy of God's love to operate successfully and get you on the road to recovery. There are so many of us out here to help you, just like those who helped us. Good Luck tomorrow, I will be there with you in spirit. Hugs !!! Lynne
  • Treecy1106
    Treecy1106 Member Posts: 144
    Options
    bethsbaby said:

Thinking of You Tomorrow
    Hey Patrice,

I wanted to come back and send you a message to let you know that I understand all of your fears and concerns. I had my BMX on March 2nd, and remember vividly the night before. I hope that you can get some sleep and hopefully a little rest and relaxation. When I got to the hospital, I was nervous, but they took really good care of me, and I am sure they will take care of you too. I will pray that your doctors and nurses will use all of their knowledge and energy along with the energy of God's love to operate successfully and get you on the road to recovery. There are so many of us out here to help you, just like those who helped us. Good Luck tomorrow, I will be there with you in spirit. Hugs !!! Lynne

The night before
    Am I getting any sleep.....naahh
    I am doing laundry...paying bills online and packing a bag.
    Took my first shower and I am itching all over the place. Its drying my skin!
    I don't own anything comfortable that buttons or zips in the front.....can you believe this????

Yes I am nervous...but now I am anxious.

I want the cancer out and I want to work hard getting myself healthy again.
    I have seen things to prove to me over and over again how short life is.
    My Grandmother (who was my best friend) said "Live each day like it's your last!" She was so right.
    She lived a very long life...died at 98 years old. I will put her picture up.
    She lived a hard life but she was a fighter and I know she will be with me every step of the way.

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kindness and words of encouragement.
    I hope and pray that all of us continue the fight and stay healthy!
    God Bless

Patrice
  • Alexis F
    Options

The night before
    Am I getting any sleep.....naahh
    I am doing laundry...paying bills online and packing a bag.
    Took my first shower and I am itching all over the place. Its drying my skin!
    I don't own anything comfortable that buttons or zips in the front.....can you believe this????

Yes I am nervous...but now I am anxious.

I want the cancer out and I want to work hard getting myself healthy again.
    I have seen things to prove to me over and over again how short life is.
    My Grandmother (who was my best friend) said "Live each day like it's your last!" She was so right.
    She lived a very long life...died at 98 years old. I will put her picture up.
    She lived a hard life but she was a fighter and I know she will be with me every step of the way.

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kindness and words of encouragement.
    I hope and pray that all of us continue the fight and stay healthy!
    God Bless

Patrice

Good luck today Patrice!
    Good luck today Patrice! Wishing you a successful surgery and a fast recovery. Keep in touch with us, so we know how you are doing.

Lex
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    refernce to being STRONG
    refernce to being STRONG and handling it all...and wanted times to be weak and let the Strong side out..

I read some books many years ago..(NOTHING TO do with BC) but I remembered the titles of few:

Disease to Please
    and
    Perfectionism is an imperfectionism

I used to be the one who never needed help, everything had to be perfect UNTIL I crumbled. I found out there is NO super woman , super mom or wife!

I let things go...which I never thought I COULD or would...I NOW take up people on offers! (I tell them dont' say it if don't mean it since I WILL NOW take you up on it! and I have many times!!!!

Denise
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    sea60 said:

It's okay to NOT feel strong...
    especially going through this. Cancer is the ultimate challenge! It takes every ounce of strength you have to fight this. But you will. You'll do what you have to do and you'll get through it. Just take ONE day at a time. I know you have to plan a course of action for your treatment, but tackle it one day at a time. It helps.

We're all here for you as we have all walked the same walk. The awesome thing about this place is that we're holding one another's hands as we walk. All the people here are such a blessing.

Keep us posted on your treatment Patrice.

Hugs,

Sylvia

Patrice, praying your
    Patrice, praying your surgery is over and you are resting comfortably now.

Hugs, Debby
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    FAITH, FAITH, FAITH!!!
    Lovely sister -- We are all with you. Please know you are not alone, ever. God is with you. My favorite word is "FAITH", because this is what helped and continues to help me going. Anything that's negative should be removed from your thoughts. ALWAYS think positive. And when you can't, say the name of Jesus out loud so all negativity around you hears you. Say it loudly and say you believe and you have FAITH you will be OK. Because you have been as of now, and this is NO DIFFERENCE. We are here for you and will be waiting for you to update us.

God BLESS YOU! YOU WILL BE OK.

P.S. I know anxiety is very hard. Do you have ativan? It can help a lot the day before surgery. You can take one the night before, and the morning of.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

FAITH, FAITH, FAITH!!!
    Lovely sister -- We are all with you. Please know you are not alone, ever. God is with you. My favorite word is "FAITH", because this is what helped and continues to help me going. Anything that's negative should be removed from your thoughts. ALWAYS think positive. And when you can't, say the name of Jesus out loud so all negativity around you hears you. Say it loudly and say you believe and you have FAITH you will be OK. Because you have been as of now, and this is NO DIFFERENCE. We are here for you and will be waiting for you to update us.

God BLESS YOU! YOU WILL BE OK.

P.S. I know anxiety is very hard. Do you have ativan? It can help a lot the day before surgery. You can take one the night before, and the morning of.

Praying for you Patrice!
    Praying for you Patrice! Check in with us when you can.

HUGS!
  • Alexis F
    Options
    susie09 said:

Praying for you Patrice!
    Praying for you Patrice! Check in with us when you can.

HUGS!

Hoping your surgery is over
    Hoping your surgery is over and that you are resting very comfortably. I've been praying for you.

Lex
  • csr771
    csr771 Member Posts: 117
    Options
    Alexis F said:

Hoping your surgery is over
    Hoping your surgery is over and that you are resting very comfortably. I've been praying for you.

Lex

Hope that all is Well
    Just wanted you to know that we are all here. Hope that all went well.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    checking back to see how things went
    I HOPE all is good as can be..

Denise W
  • patti anne
    patti anne Member Posts: 101
    Options

checking back to see how things went
    I HOPE all is good as can be..

Denise W

Good thoughts
    Hoping everything went well.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options

Good thoughts
    Hoping everything went well.

Patrice and Dawne
    I'm hoping both of you have successful surgeries. I had bilateral June 2010 and know that rest and your body will heal. Try raising your arms as soon as dr says it's ok. It helps to get your arms moving. The drains are a pain but they too will heal and be removed. Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.
    {{hugs}} Char