Options
2»

Comments

• Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options

Hi Friends
    Hi Friends,
    Thank you for your love and support. **** is on chemo number #40. Like I mentioned he is doing better on the Folfori + Avastin + Leukovorian (sp??) and no bolus 5 fu push and reduced Leukovorin.

Erin he is on 5FU (pump)+ irinotecan + Avastin + Leukovorin (reduced) (sp??). It appears to be working.

Also, he got the CAT scan and it showed no change and the oncologist said that with the PET scan showing shrinking and some gone then it was just left over areas that are no longer active. We are pleased. No new growth and less activity and resolved area on the PET.

Aloha,
    Kathleen

Chemo #40
    I just finished #24, and don't even want to imagine #40... But when I got done with my first 12, I couldn't imagine any way I could ever get through 12 again.

I am glad **** is doing so well on it. We do what we have to do, even when it is not what we really want to be doing if we didn't have to.
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    pokismom said:

Amazing
    Hi Kathleen,
    I am simply amazed at ****'s progress and him being on his 40th chemo! Geez, Im starting Folfiri tomorrow and am just plain scared. This will be my second time on chemo, I did Folfox in 2008, and I am just terrified of reentering the chemo world. Great job!
    Donna

Donna
    You can do it. I did FOLFOX in 2009/2010, and last fall had to start back up - on FOLFIRI w/Avastin this time. At least you had a nice long break to get your strength back between treatments. You are going in fresh and knowing a lot more than you did first time around. I think it is easier with some experience. You learn when to speak up and ask for things to be tweaked, and you learn some tricks that help you with nausea or diarrhea, etc. So you aren't starting out totally unprepared.

I hope FOLFIRI goes easy for you!
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    Options
    its great news
    its just wonderful.
    another small step forward.

hugs,
    pete
  • pokismom
    pokismom Member Posts: 153
    Options

Donna
    Donna,
    I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I know when **** went back on chemo it was very hard psychologically. Now that we are into routine again it is doable. (Easy for me to say).
    **** works very, very hard to get into the best possible shape between chemo treatments. On the day he unhooks or the day after, he is in the gym lifting weights. He works out at least 7 out of his 10 good days. I know I would not be that strong but it is what keeps him going.

Thinking of you. Hugs,

Aloha
    Kathleen

Mahalo
    Hey thanks Kathleen for thinking of me and I will use **** as inspiration to stay strong!
    Donna
  • pokismom
    pokismom Member Posts: 153
    Options

Donna
    You can do it. I did FOLFOX in 2009/2010, and last fall had to start back up - on FOLFIRI w/Avastin this time. At least you had a nice long break to get your strength back between treatments. You are going in fresh and knowing a lot more than you did first time around. I think it is easier with some experience. You learn when to speak up and ask for things to be tweaked, and you learn some tricks that help you with nausea or diarrhea, etc. So you aren't starting out totally unprepared.

I hope FOLFIRI goes easy for you!

You're Right! Thanks!
    Dear Kathryn,
    Yup you are so right, I guess knowledge is to our advantage, knowing what I know now helped me get thru today, but I know more is to come,so I am preparing for that. Thanks for the kind words!
    Donna