Data retrieved

Options
He has Esophagel adencarcinoma stage III,Long ulcerated mass in esophaguus extends from 32 to 42 cm and extends to the GE junction. Radiological imaging states intense hypermetobolic soft tissue mass and thickening throughout distal esophagus into the gastroesophageal junction and lesser curvature and gastric fundus that is associated with a lobulated mass demonstrating FDG uptake 30. The lesion measures approx. 12 x 2.8cm in size and there are a few hypermetobolic lymph nodes, the right paraesophageal lymph node, the largest one measuring 2.1 x 1.9 cm with SUV of 30. Many subcentimeter lymph nodes around lesser culture of the stomach and hypermetabolic lymph node in perigastric region measuring 1.3 cm with SUV 4.3, and metabolic portacaval lymph node which is 2.6 SUV measuring 1.1 cm. Right and left upper lobe show 3-mm non specific pulmonary nodule. The chest is showing nonspecific pulmonary nodules which are a few millimeters in size, the largest measuring 3 mm.
Thoracic Surgeon stated not surgical resectable recommended neoadjuvant concurrent chemoradiation to reduce tumor burden. We have placed a stint in his Esophagus to allow him to pass food. Not recommended Jtube yet.
Question- Lung parenchyma: There is a 3 mm nodule in the periphery of the right upper lobe and another 3 mm nodule in the left upper lobe. A 5 x 7 mm pleuralbased pulmonary nodule is seen in the right middle node. What does this mean? Just got all reports and Dr. is out until May 2.
I look at everyones post and know each case is different. I am my husbands backbone and need support. He has been in the hosp. since tues with Neutropenia, his WBC is 2.5 when we got here it was 1.7 so it has gotten better. They will not start chemo on monday for his 2nd round because of WBC. Will this place a burden on our progress? We hopefully will be released tomorrow (fingers crossed)
We should have 2 more rounds of Cisplatin and Epriubicin. Still getting the 5-FU in canister each monday but next week will not give. He has lost his hair and has a lot of nausea, vomiting and heartburn.
As a caregiver what and how should I help him? I deal with all the anger and complaining and I value every minute I have on the good days.

Comments

• sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    Options
    I would have delays when
    I would have delays when taking chemo because of my counts dropping. My oncologists added an extra round of all three, because I hadn't been able to take it continously. It worked. I'm still NED after three yrs.

I am the patient, not the caregiver and I know there were times I was not easy to be with. My advise is to just learn all you can, and the caregivers here have wonderful listening ears and always want to help.
    Praying for you and your husband, Sandra
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Curts gal
    Curts gal Member Posts: 10
    Options
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Thank you so much. But,
    Thank you so much. But, since I have been on line we found that lungs are not involved. But yes, I would like to have your email address or a way to contact just have not figured out how yet. Will let you know Liz