hard time posting

Options
Hey,
I am trying to post to everyone that I can,but the computer is only letting me post every so often. I write post and can't get them posted and the site freezes up. Happens so often, but do get a few to go thru. Hope this one goes thru. Anyway all my other site are fast as ever. Thinking of you all. John

Comments

• forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Me too
    Hi John,
    Yup, it's been happening to me this afternoon. Grrr. I wrote out this long post and was afraid it would be lost. At least that one went through. I know that some folks on other boards are having trouble also. Keep trying...
    Lisha
  • onlytoday
    onlytoday Member Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Thinking about you
    Hey John,
    How are you doing? Thinking about you. Heard you had something "flagged". Your heart is right so don't let it stop you. Miss your enlightening, uplifting and caring comments!

Hope all is well for you! They found this dreaded disease in my stomach and think it's in my small intestine... more testing this week. HATE THIS.

Love,
    Donna
  • miss maggie
    miss maggie Member Posts: 929
    Options
    onlytoday said:

Thinking about you
    Hey John,
    How are you doing? Thinking about you. Heard you had something "flagged". Your heart is right so don't let it stop you. Miss your enlightening, uplifting and caring comments!

Hope all is well for you! They found this dreaded disease in my stomach and think it's in my small intestine... more testing this week. HATE THIS.

Love,
    Donna

Donna
    Dear Donna,

It is so sad part of John's post was flagged. Yes, John is always very
    enlightening and caring.

Donna, I think of you so often. I am so sad reading additional disease
    was found in your stomach, and the chance of it being in your small intestine.
    I know you hate the testing, as I would. It looks like to me, your doctor
    is doing his very best, and will find the correct treatment for you.

Not sure if you remember, my small bowel perforated because of NHL. I was
    treated only with Rituxan and had remission in Jan 2011. Same as you,
    remission the same month. Now I will be seeing my oncologist May 9. I
    dread this visit. Let's you and I be positive for our future. We have no
    control.

Keep us informed about the results of the testing and the treatment. I am
    thinking of you through all your milestones.

Love Maggie
  • bluerose
    bluerose Member Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Hey John Boy, lol
    Hey there is actually someone who has posted more posts that me. lol. Yeeesssssss. lol.

It's happening to me too, so frustrating because I type a whole reply and hit the submit and it says 'oops broken link', grrrrrrrrrr. Of course under my breath I say 'oops ---- --- !!!!!' Half the time I can't remember what I typed in response to posts so I just log out, kind of a bummer. Guess they are into more glitches.

Hope you are doing well.

Bluerose
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Options
    bluerose said:

Hey John Boy, lol
    Hey there is actually someone who has posted more posts that me. lol. Yeeesssssss. lol.

It's happening to me too, so frustrating because I type a whole reply and hit the submit and it says 'oops broken link', grrrrrrrrrr. Of course under my breath I say 'oops ---- --- !!!!!' Half the time I can't remember what I typed in response to posts so I just log out, kind of a bummer. Guess they are into more glitches.

Hope you are doing well.

Bluerose

Everyone should...
    Hi Bluerose,
    Do you think it would help if everyone wrote a short message to CSN and expressed their thoughts or concerns about John not being allowed to post comments? I did, but so far I've not received a reply back. You have been on many boards posting, is this common practice for CSN to kick people off? I have much to learn about how to navigate the CSN site, and still don't know all of the in's and out's. I'm just sad a fellow cancer friend is not able to reach out to the group. If he should have a recurrance along the way how awful it would be to not have his group giving him support. I'm lost at what to do to get things back to normal for him. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    allmost60 said:

Everyone should...
    Hi Bluerose,
    Do you think it would help if everyone wrote a short message to CSN and expressed their thoughts or concerns about John not being allowed to post comments? I did, but so far I've not received a reply back. You have been on many boards posting, is this common practice for CSN to kick people off? I have much to learn about how to navigate the CSN site, and still don't know all of the in's and out's. I'm just sad a fellow cancer friend is not able to reach out to the group. If he should have a recurrance along the way how awful it would be to not have his group giving him support. I'm lost at what to do to get things back to normal for him. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

Not sure
    Hi Sue,

are you sure that he is not allowed to be on the site. The last I read from John, was that he was sure they would remove his post,which they only removed one sentence. I know we have not heard from him in a few days, but maybe he is having trouble with his computer or he is out enjoying life or any number of reasons. If he has truly been removed as a member, then I think we should stand up for him. But first we need to make sure that is the case. I wouldn't want to cause him any other troubles by getting vocal.
    I think I have his private email. I'll try to find it and if I do, see if I can find out for us all.

Lisha
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Options
    onlytoday said:

Thinking about you
    Hey John,

Love,
    Donna

He's thinking of you..
    Hi Donna,
    John e-mailed me and asked me to tell you he is thinking of you and hopes your testing will be finished soon and will show no cancer in your small intestine. He can read the posts, he just can't respond due to CSN rules on too many flaggings. So ridiculous! Anyways..He said he feels sad for you but wants you to know he is thinking good thoughts. I am too dear Donna. I'll keep you in my prayers.... the darn waiting for tests and then waiting for the results, is so very hard. Hang in there...Much love....Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • cookingirl
    cookingirl Member Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    onlytoday said:

Thinking about you
    Hey John,

Love,
    Donna

So sorry...
    Hey Donna - I hate reading today they found it in your stomach and intestine - know you were worried about the tests. Was it on a CT or PET scan? I agree the testing is terrible enough and then waiting for the results. I'm praying they're wrong and the future ones will prove that. We must keep our chins up, but it's hard day after day not to get discouraged. Know you have many on this site who are thinking and caring about you - Fran
  • greta
    greta Member Posts: 237
    Options
    Must be technical problems...
    on your end, our end, or both. Nothing has been done to interfere with your ability to post. You might try clearing your cache and rebooting. Could be your internet provider. Could be anything. Reports of trouble posting and the site freezing have been submitted to the web team.

Regards,
    Greta
    Your CSN staff
  • bluerose
    bluerose Member Posts: 1,104
    Options
    allmost60 said:

Everyone should...
    Hi Bluerose,

Hey Sue
    I don't know what is happening with John's posts. When I replied to him I thought he meant that sometimes when he hit "post comment" the site would freeze and when it came up his comments weren't saved. That has happened to me too sometimes but I figured it was a technical glitch, nothing to do wit CSN purposely not allowing posts. I don't know anything about the flagging issues though that it seems he is doing. Not sure what is going on there.

I think it's best for John to talk to CSN directly maybe and see what Greta says about it all. I really don't know what is happening I just know that sometimes I write a big long response to someone and the same thing happens to me, the post takes a long time to load and then when it clicks in it says 'oops the link is broken' or it just flashes and doesn't save the post. I just thought it was a glitch.

I had to flag something recently, I think it's maybe the second thing in the whole time I have been on CSN that I had to do that, maybe 3 times total, never had issues with that.

All the best.

Bluerose