I have a surgery date

Options
2»

Comments

• Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Get the bus ready...we're
    Get the bus ready...we're going to Texas! Dawne, your job is to pamper yourself, drink lots of water, and get plenty of rest. We'll take care of everything else.

Hugs,

Linda

The room will be crowded
    The room will be crowded because the pink sisters will be right there with you Dawne.

Good luck Dawne,

Kylez
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    Options

My prayers are with you
    I had a left side mastectomy on Feb 28th. I did go home the same day. I just hated the thought of staying in the hospital, the memories of having my babies and the nurse coming in to check on me like every hour did it for me. I will say that I did have two people at home to help me for a couple days and if I did not I might have reconsidered.
    I also understand the scared and sad part. I did not think this part would be so hard but when it came down to it I was caught off guard. Thankfully I had my mom, two of my friends and my husband with me. That really helped with the waiting before surgery. I wish you luck on your surgery.

Dawne, I just had my
    Dawne,

I just had my bilateral mastectomy six weeks ago with the sentinel node removed on both sides. I also chose to start my reconstruction journey at this time as well. So upon removal of both breasts, I had my tissue expanders put in. I stayed one night in the hospital and never hit the morphine drip once. I feel blessed to have awoken and not had any pain other then some discomfort. My main source of discomfort was due mostly to those darn drains you wake up to now attached to you.. Everybody's pain and discomfort level will be different. I only pray that your recovery will be as pain free as mine was.

Stay strong and positive... it really helps.
    Lorrie
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options
    Thoughts, prayers, angels and luck
    Thoughts, prayers, angels and luck are all with you and your medical team. I'll be there along with you too. There is no reason to believe that you won't be home that night.

Take care and remember, deep breaths.

marge
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options

Thoughts, prayers, angels and luck
    Thoughts, prayers, angels and luck are all with you and your medical team. I'll be there along with you too. There is no reason to believe that you won't be home that night.

Take care and remember, deep breaths.

marge

The bus
    I was wondering if the bus had enough gas to go to Texas. Count me in.

Dawne, please do whatever you need to do to take care of yourself. I had a partial mastectomy and oncoplasty and they couldn't get me out of there fast enough. It just felt wierd (emotionally). 6 weeks later when I had my hysterectomy, I did spend one night in the hospital and it made me feel safe and secure rather than being kicked out the front door. I think if I were facing the surgery you are, I'd want to be looked after for at least one night. On the other hand, you're a nurse and know what to look for in terms of complications from surgery.

This is just one time when you need to put yourself first. And if going home is what makes you feel best, and the doctor says you can, go for it. I'll be sending positive thoughts and prayers your way on Tuesday regardless.

Suzanne
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

The bus
    I was wondering if the bus had enough gas to go to Texas. Count me in.

Dawne, please do whatever you need to do to take care of yourself. I had a partial mastectomy and oncoplasty and they couldn't get me out of there fast enough. It just felt wierd (emotionally). 6 weeks later when I had my hysterectomy, I did spend one night in the hospital and it made me feel safe and secure rather than being kicked out the front door. I think if I were facing the surgery you are, I'd want to be looked after for at least one night. On the other hand, you're a nurse and know what to look for in terms of complications from surgery.

This is just one time when you need to put yourself first. And if going home is what makes you feel best, and the doctor says you can, go for it. I'll be sending positive thoughts and prayers your way on Tuesday regardless.

Suzanne

wishing you well, quick
    wishing you well, quick recovery. I didnt need many pain meds the first night, the doc gave me a block. I just took tylenol, why is another story, but in the end I didnt need anything else.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

I don't know what I would do without you guys
    Thank you all for you positive thoughts, kind words, and prayers. I don't think my Dr will send me home if there is any problems. I just really don't want to stay in the hospital. I want to come home where I can be comfortable. I will keep ya'll posted.

Hugs and God Bless,

Dawne

I hope you do get to come
    I hope you do get to come home Dawne. We always feel better at home. I will be looking for an update from you.

Hugs, Angie
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    carkris said:

wishing you well, quick
    wishing you well, quick recovery. I didnt need many pain meds the first night, the doc gave me a block. I just took tylenol, why is another story, but in the end I didnt need anything else.

Dawne
    Dawne,
    Wishing you good luck with your surgery, clear margins and easy time.
    Hugs
  • Treecy1106
    Treecy1106 Member Posts: 144
    Options
    Same day
    Hi Dawne....
    me too.
    Same day scheduled for the same thing.
    Good luck and know you are not alone.

((hugs))
    Patrice

p.s. I just read your message to me. Thank you so much Dawne....
    it was very comforting to me and I want to be there for you and for all
    our pink sisters....
    You will be in my thoughts and prayers on Tuesday!!!!
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Oh Dawne,
    Sending positive thoughts & prayers your way. You know we will all be there with you.

You may change your mind about staying in the hospital for at least one night. But it's up to you. I was out of it most of the time, but was glad to go home the next day.

Post when you can.

xoxo,
    Jean

Good luck Dawne on Tuesday!
    Good luck Dawne on Tuesday! Praying for you!

Hugs, Angie
  • ender
    ender Member Posts: 167
    Options
    Will think of you, dear.

Will think of you, dear.
  • Cinkal
    Cinkal Member Posts: 161
    Options
    Good luck with your surgery.
    Good luck with your surgery. My thoughts an prayers are with you.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    Dawne:
    I'll be there with

Dawne:

I'll be there with you...we'll take turns holding your hand!

I HOPE YOU get to go home same day...

Denise
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

Dawne:
    I'll be there with

Dawne:

I'll be there with you...we'll take turns holding your hand!

I HOPE YOU get to go home same day...

Denise

Good luck tomorrow Dawne!
    Good luck tomorrow Dawne!

Hugs, Debby
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    ender said:

Will think of you, dear.

Will think of you, dear.

Good luck Dawne! The pink
    Good luck Dawne! The pink sisters will all be there with you!

Hugs, Leeza
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    Options
    Wishing you well
    Dawne, Good luck tomorrow. I know you will do well. I had the same surgery in August.I was sad and scared. We will be there with you and before you know it the surgery will be over and you will be home. I wish you good thoughts, try to stay calm and positive.
    Hugs
    Annette
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

Wishing you well
    Dawne, Good luck tomorrow. I know you will do well. I had the same surgery in August.I was sad and scared. We will be there with you and before you know it the surgery will be over and you will be home. I wish you good thoughts, try to stay calm and positive.
    Hugs
    Annette

Sending prayers, good luck
    Sending prayers, good luck and positive thoughts for you today Dawne.

Hugs, Lex
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Dawne
    you will be in my thoughts and prayers next Tuesday as you go for surgery. I had bilateral mastectomy in June 2010. My oxygen levels were not good so I spent the night. I actually spent another night just to feel better before going home. I wish you the best outcome. The drains are the worse part but doable. Make sure someone helps you in moving your arms so that you don't get too stiff.
    {{hugs}} Char

Praying that you are out of
    Praying that you are out of surgery now and resting comfortably.

Hugs, Debby