Here comes radiation

Options
califvader
califvader Member Posts: 108
i've signed up for radiation treatments of the prostate bed. 8 weeks. getting a pelvic CT scan this Friday. i posted earlier that i was concerned about the urologists leaving some items in my prostate bed. i was wrong. the radiation oncologist explained that to me. all is well. the urologists did their job correctly. i hope this will do the trick. i am aware of the possible side effect and ready to begin.

Comments

• lewvino
    lewvino Member Posts: 1,010
    Options
    Best wishes as you start
    Best wishes as you start this new phase of beating the beast. Keep us updated on how it goes!

Lewvino
  • Kongo
    Kongo Member Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Good attitude
    Vader,

You've got the right attitude and it's good to hear there aren't lingering surgical issues that need to be resolved. I'm assuming you're going to be receiving IMRT, is that correct?

I think you're smart to take steps to address this now. Best of luck as you go forward.

K
  • califvader
    califvader Member Posts: 108
    Options
    Kongo said:

Good attitude
    Vader,

You've got the right attitude and it's good to hear there aren't lingering surgical issues that need to be resolved. I'm assuming you're going to be receiving IMRT, is that correct?

I think you're smart to take steps to address this now. Best of luck as you go forward.

K

that is correct Kongo. IMRT. after my CT scan and the radiologist reads the scan i will report in more detail. i want to take this opportunity to thank all the members on this panel for their invaluable help and knowledge of p/c. let's hear it for the cancer survivors network. rah!
  • VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options

that is correct Kongo. IMRT. after my CT scan and the radiologist reads the scan i will report in more detail. i want to take this opportunity to thank all the members on this panel for their invaluable help and knowledge of p/c. let's hear it for the cancer survivors network. rah!

Soon you will be reporting on your Zeros too
    Califvader
    I am glad to read about your decision. It has been long since you start researching on a salvage treatment and I hope that IMRT will bring you that peace of mind.
    Soon you will be reporting on your Zeros too.

Wishing you the best.
    Vgama
  • ProfWagstaff
    ProfWagstaff Member Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've Just Finished
    I just finished what you're just starting. I had 8 weeks of IMRT just two years after DaVinci. We zapped the prostate bed for 8 weeks. I finished on April 1, 2011. Side effects were mostly gone after less than 2 weeks and were not as bad as I feared. Worst part was filling the bladder every day. I don't miss that part at all.

Good luck. Hope all goes well.
  • 2ndBase
    2ndBase Member Posts: 220
    Options
    Radiation
    I took the same type treatment you are having back in 2004. In late 2008 I had a second biospy of my prostate and it showed that the radiation had killed all the cancer in the prostate. Unfortunately it had already spread and I now have many tumors throughout my body. You should be confident that this treatment will due what it intends. I had little to zero side effects from the radiation and I wish you all the best.