I have very bad mood recently

Options
luvmum
luvmum Member Posts: 457 Member
Dear all,

I hope you are all doing well. I do not have much time coming online since last Wed. I had to organize to move to a new apartment since 2 weeks ago and moved last Thur. I, myself had to move with the moving company. All the packing, unpacking, locating missing stuffs drives me crazy. Worse till, the move triggers my mum's bad temper as well. She has been really grumpy in the past 2 weeks. She is still recovering from the liver surgery but she got angry very easily lately. On one hand, I really worry about her health and worry about the anger will cause the tumor's growth, on the other hand, I'm so upset that she yelled at me.

I'm so sorry to post something totally not colorectal ca related, but I'm very stressed and upset at the moment.
Love to you all
Dora

Comments

• Buckwirth
    Buckwirth Member Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Grrrrr!
    Be mad, and it is as related to this board as you are to your mother.

This too shall pass, but come here to rant anytime!
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    Dora Dora Dora
    I have wondered where you have been - here you are moving but forgot to send the forwarding address, LOL. Seriously, moving is known to be one of the most stressful events in someone's life - there is so much to take care of + it sounds like you are doing most of the work. I bet you are exhausted - do something for me + take some "Dora" time tomorrow - go have have a cup of tea somewhere, either by yourself or with a friend. I will be asking you what you did, so you better have an answer! I can be quite a nag. Your Mom is probably feeling stressed too, and took it out on you. Once she is settled in her new environment, she will relax more; otherwise tell her she will have to come on here + deal with "AnneCan" LOL. Remember, the older we get the harder changes are to deal with. Breathe,and take good care of Dora.
  • luvmum
    Options
    Buckwirth said:

Grrrrr!
    Be mad, and it is as related to this board as you are to your mother.

This too shall pass, but come here to rant anytime!

Thank you Buckwirth
    Thank you very much for your support, I feel better today... the sun is coming out and the weather is nice...
  • luvmum
    Options
    AnneCan said:

Dora Dora Dora
    I have wondered where you have been - here you are moving but forgot to send the forwarding address, LOL. Seriously, moving is known to be one of the most stressful events in someone's life - there is so much to take care of + it sounds like you are doing most of the work. I bet you are exhausted - do something for me + take some "Dora" time tomorrow - go have have a cup of tea somewhere, either by yourself or with a friend. I will be asking you what you did, so you better have an answer! I can be quite a nag. Your Mom is probably feeling stressed too, and took it out on you. Once she is settled in her new environment, she will relax more; otherwise tell her she will have to come on here + deal with "AnneCan" LOL. Remember, the older we get the harder changes are to deal with. Breathe,and take good care of Dora.

Dear Anne
    The move drove me crazy! In the last 5 years, I move 3 times already. I just hope I can stay in this apartment a bit longer ...

I talked to my sister and she said, maybe it's a good sign that mammy yelled at you, that means she is feeling better and energetic! I took her words.

In the end, I went to have lunch with my husband and had the most unhealthy food I could have in the restaurant and had a big piece of toast with a lot of full fat butter.

I hope day after day, both my mum and I will relax more!

Thanks a lot for your support and I always think of you too! I hope you stay healthy forever!
    Love Dora
  • thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    yelling
    Dear Dora,
    I am new to all of this, I was just dx.s.I also have moved 6 times in the last 6 years, very stressfull.
    But remember we only yell at the persons we love the most. It also means we are alive.
    Most important.... have your ME time relax and try to laugh at/ or about something. Laughing is good for all of us, even if there is nothing to laugh about.
    That is why I like to watch old movies from Lucille Ball, it helps with stress.
    Take care.
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    Options
    My mom threw an empty cookie
    My mom threw an empty cookie tin at my arm during Xmas. It is that evil little chemo monster. She says she doesn't remember throwing it at me.
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    Dora
    It's not your Mom talking - it's the Cancer talking.

Treatments can turn us inside/out and the only ones we have to express our displeasure are our spouses or members of our families - nobody else would put up with it, LOL:)

Hope you can settle in and settle down:)

-Craig
  • luvmum
    Options
    thingy45 said:

yelling
    Dear Dora,
    I am new to all of this, I was just dx.s.I also have moved 6 times in the last 6 years, very stressfull.
    But remember we only yell at the persons we love the most. It also means we are alive.
    Most important.... have your ME time relax and try to laugh at/ or about something. Laughing is good for all of us, even if there is nothing to laugh about.
    That is why I like to watch old movies from Lucille Ball, it helps with stress.
    Take care.

Dear thingy,
    I hope you are doing well.
    Both of us are feeling better now. I also thought it might be the chemo or surgery that make her grumpy.
    I try to watch a soap opera every night before I go to bed, so I can be more relax.
    Thanks a lot for your support and you take care too!
    Dora
  • luvmum
    Options
    ketziah35 said:

My mom threw an empty cookie
    My mom threw an empty cookie tin at my arm during Xmas. It is that evil little chemo monster. She says she doesn't remember throwing it at me.

Dear Ketziah
    Oh thank you very much for your sharing... I hope your mum will recover soon! In fact, I hope all of our mums will recover soon.
    Best wishes to you and your mum.
    Love Dora
  • luvmum
    Options
    Sundanceh said:

Dora
    It's not your Mom talking - it's the Cancer talking.

Treatments can turn us inside/out and the only ones we have to express our displeasure are our spouses or members of our families - nobody else would put up with it, LOL:)

Hope you can settle in and settle down:)

-Craig

Dear Craig
    Thank you very much for your kind reassurance. We are slowly settling in and settling down. Although I can still see there are more than 30 boxes awaiting to be unpacked...

Thanks again and hope you are doing well.
    Dora
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Dora
    Dear, don't worry about those 30 boxes, a little at a time, you're moved, time to relax a bit. And as your sister said, your mum was well enough to yell at you!!! Good sign, and sometimes well, one just has to get out their frustrations, so head out to the new back yard or parking lot or whatever and get your yelling out!!!
    Love at you,
    Winter Marie
  • luvmum
    Options

Dora
    Dear, don't worry about those 30 boxes, a little at a time, you're moved, time to relax a bit. And as your sister said, your mum was well enough to yell at you!!! Good sign, and sometimes well, one just has to get out their frustrations, so head out to the new back yard or parking lot or whatever and get your yelling out!!!
    Love at you,
    Winter Marie

Dear Winter Marie
    Thank you very much for your encouragement! I have to keep telling myself that it's good to see my mum yelling...

We have 4 days holiday here starting from today and my goal is to unpack the rest of the boxes!!!

I hope you have a great Easter Holiday and have good health forever!
    Love and hugs
    Dora
  • Buckwirth
    Buckwirth Member Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    luvmum said:

Dear Winter Marie
    Thank you very much for your encouragement! I have to keep telling myself that it's good to see my mum yelling...

We have 4 days holiday here starting from today and my goal is to unpack the rest of the boxes!!!

I hope you have a great Easter Holiday and have good health forever!
    Love and hugs
    Dora

Demented Maybe
    But it might be fun the next time mum yells, to tell how happy it makes you that she is well enough to get upset!

With any luck she will find it funny. If not it can be your own private joke.

/;-)
  • Marianne313
    Marianne313 Member Posts: 124
    Options
    Buckwirth said:

Demented Maybe
    But it might be fun the next time mum yells, to tell how happy it makes you that she is well enough to get upset!

/;-)

temper
    I've noticed my Aunt yells often lately and LOUD and she hasn't even been to the oncologist yet. I hate to push her but think she should at least make the appointment.

Maybe it's just the anger of knowing she has a disease that SHE can't fix, maybe she's just angry about everything at the moment.
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Hi Dora, I hope you are all
    Hi Dora, I hope you are all unpacked now and able to breathe a sigh of relief. I hate everything that goes into moving. I feel for ya girl ...and to get yelled at too.....stressful. I'm thinking it's better now but wanted to let you know I was thinking about you!

Love and hugs, Gail
  • luvmum
    Options
    Buckwirth said:

Demented Maybe

/;-)

thank you buckwirth
    Although my heart was pounding when she yells, I try to think that I should be happy to see her well enough to get angry! haahaahaa
  • luvmum
    Options

temper
    I've noticed my Aunt yells often lately and LOUD and she hasn't even been to the oncologist yet. I hate to push her but think she should at least make the appointment.

Maybe it's just the anger of knowing she has a disease that SHE can't fix, maybe she's just angry about everything at the moment.

Dear Marianne
    I hope your aunt and my mum will feel better later... my mum still gets angry easily lately! =(
  • luvmum
    Options
    plh4gail said:

Hi Dora, I hope you are all
    Hi Dora, I hope you are all unpacked now and able to breathe a sigh of relief. I hate everything that goes into moving. I feel for ya girl ...and to get yelled at too.....stressful. I'm thinking it's better now but wanted to let you know I was thinking about you!

Love and hugs, Gail

Dear Gail
    Thank you very much for your warm thoughts and kind words. To be honest, we still have 12 boxes sitting in one of the rooms... I guess we might end up having them all packed until we move next time! haahaa
    I'm still feeling very stressful and notice I have no time for myself at all. I really want a good night sleep...
    Lots of love and hugs
    Dora