A tribute to my Mom.... FYI I did not write this.

Options
kellyh33
kellyh33 Member Posts: 287
Without You

Mom, without you, there would be no me.

Your love, your attention, your guidance,

have made me who I am.

Without you, I would be lost,

wandering aimlessly,

without direction or purpose.

You showed me the way

to serve, to accomplish, to persevere.

Without you, there would be an empty space

I could never fill, no matter how I tried.

Instead, because of you,

I have joy, contentment, satisfaction and peace.

Thank you, mom.

I have always loved you

and I always will.

Comments

• BrittanyC
    BrittanyC Member Posts: 100
    Options
    Kelly, thank you for
    Kelly, thank you for sharing. It bought tears to my eyes.
  • kellyh33
    Options
    BrittanyC said:

Kelly, thank you for
    Kelly, thank you for sharing. It bought tears to my eyes.

Brittany
    I really liked it too. I feel this way about my mom as well. When your Mom was sick did you tell her you were going to miss her when she passed on? I have wondered if this is an appropriate thing to say to my Mom. What do you think?

I hope this isn't too personal...
    Kelly
  • Lisa13Q
    Lisa13Q Member Posts: 677
    Options
    kellyh33 said:

Brittany
    I really liked it too. I feel this way about my mom as well. When your Mom was sick did you tell her you were going to miss her when she passed on? I have wondered if this is an appropriate thing to say to my Mom. What do you think?

Kelly

Missing Mom
    My mother hasn't left yet, and yes I have told her I was going to miss her...I have told her I am proud of how she has met this challenge with courage and dignity....I have told her she can give up any time....i have told her I loved her...I have told her I forgive her for all the times she messed up.....I have apologized to her for all the times I was a lousy daughter....I have made sure to tell her everything so that I have no regrets....although I hate this cancer, I am grateful for the time we have had to say good=bye....No Regrets.....
  • BrittanyC
    BrittanyC Member Posts: 100
    Options
    kellyh33 said:

Brittany

Kelly

Yes, I did tell her what I
    Yes, I did tell her what I miss...

My mom was at University of Washington medical center before being taken to hospice care. I broke down while my grandma was in the room and I told my mom everything. I was honest .. I am going to be sad when I get married and have her first grandchild.

When my mom was hospitalized for a bowel obstruction, I went to visit with some friends. My mom told me to close my eyes. And she gave me a baby blanket - pink with yellow and green. I think that she knew.. she knew then that she would not be in this world for long. I have stored the blanket in a box that says "Everyday is a blessing." I am not very religious, but the box suited the blanket. I cried when my mom gave this to me. I plan to give my first child (From what my mom is thinking, she thinks a girl..) my mother's middle name - Sofia Lynn (Lynn is my mom's middle name), to honor my mom.

I told her all of my thoughts, because sooner or later, I knew that she would not be here for very long.
  • kellyh33
    Options
    Lisa13Q said:

Missing Mom
    My mother hasn't left yet, and yes I have told her I was going to miss her...I have told her I am proud of how she has met this challenge with courage and dignity....I have told her she can give up any time....i have told her I loved her...I have told her I forgive her for all the times she messed up.....I have apologized to her for all the times I was a lousy daughter....I have made sure to tell her everything so that I have no regrets....although I hate this cancer, I am grateful for the time we have had to say good=bye....No Regrets.....

How?
    How did you broach the subject? My Mom is so afraid of dying that i am even afraid to bring it up. I have told her i am very sorry that i wasn't there for her when she was feeling lousy in the beginning. I thought she was depressed again and that all of her symptoms were caused by depression. This is what her GP thought too. I get so mad at myself when i think about what could have been if we had listened to her and caught it earlier :(
  • kellyh33
    Options
    BrittanyC said:

Yes, I did tell her what I
    Yes, I did tell her what I miss...

My mom was at University of Washington medical center before being taken to hospice care. I broke down while my grandma was in the room and I told my mom everything. I was honest .. I am going to be sad when I get married and have her first grandchild.

When my mom was hospitalized for a bowel obstruction, I went to visit with some friends. My mom told me to close my eyes. And she gave me a baby blanket - pink with yellow and green. I think that she knew.. she knew then that she would not be in this world for long. I have stored the blanket in a box that says "Everyday is a blessing." I am not very religious, but the box suited the blanket. I cried when my mom gave this to me. I plan to give my first child (From what my mom is thinking, she thinks a girl..) my mother's middle name - Sofia Lynn (Lynn is my mom's middle name), to honor my mom.

I told her all of my thoughts, because sooner or later, I knew that she would not be here for very long.

So glad i did
    I am so happy my oldest daughter has my mom's middle name which is Lee. I am her youngest daughter and i am the only one that did that. It makes me proud to know how happy that made her when my daughter was born nearly 18 years ago.
    I love the seniment behind the blanket. It made me tear up too just thinking about it.
    I pray this new chemo gives her some relief and comfort. Sometimes i think if i had prayed harder or believed more my mom would not be in the position she is in.
  • Rookerbird
    Rookerbird Member Posts: 100
    Options
    kellyh33 said:

So glad i did
    I am so happy my oldest daughter has my mom's middle name which is Lee. I am her youngest daughter and i am the only one that did that. It makes me proud to know how happy that made her when my daughter was born nearly 18 years ago.
    I love the seniment behind the blanket. It made me tear up too just thinking about it.
    I pray this new chemo gives her some relief and comfort. Sometimes i think if i had prayed harder or believed more my mom would not be in the position she is in.

Your Mom's Love
    It makes me sad that you are beating yourself up over any of this...nothing you did or did not do caused cancer to grow in your mother.

I hope you can release any feelings of guilt or fear, and "see yourself" with your mom's eyes and heart, and love yourself as deeply as your mom loves you.