2»

Comments

• wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

I remember
    Hi,Tom

Yes, I remember Red Skelton, and yes, I think you just posted some beautiful words.

*hugs*
    Gail

Yes, Tom
    I'm way old enough to remember Red Skelton. I'm not a prude by any means, but that was back when comedians didn't have to throw the "F' word into every joke and he was so funny as he portrayed his many characters.

I am so sorry to hear about your dad's illness. It is very hard to watch your hero become frail and fade away, but you are a great son and learned it from him. You will be such a comfort. My father passed away in 1977 from an abdominal aneurysm. It was sudden and unexpected. As they put him in the ambulance, I held his hand and said "I'm right here Daddy" and he repled "I know you are". Those were his final words and I'll treasure them forever.

Take care,

Luv,

Wolfen
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    Options
    you are here mate. Alive a very special time for your dad
    hi tom.
    Such powerful sentimnets here in your post.
    Its been a vivid year for us both.
    Thanks for this post it reminded me of my dad who died when i was 14.
    That 30 years ago for me.

The miracle that your alive. Well and able to love your dad in his hour of need
    is so special.
    Just love and care for him.
    Love pete
  • SisterSledge
    SisterSledge Member Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

CherylHatch clickable link tutorial
    I'd give you (and anyone else interested) the quick and dirty on putting up a simple hyperlink here on the board :)

< a href="url" >Link text

(darn, it won't show the last bit of code at the end, after you name your link with Link text. Follow that with a < /a > ) You have to close off the link hence the /a is important proceeded by a bracket on either side, no spaces)

Ok... hopefully that will show as an example and not turn into a hyperlink itself. Notice the coding in between the first brackets? Take out the spaces... there are to be no spaces but if I didn't you wouldn't be able to see the coding. Now, where you see the "url", you want to put the full web link, like you have up in your post. Just do what you did there, copy your long link, highlight the word url, and paste your link to replace that word.

Now, where you see Link text... again, take out the spaces I put before and after those words. Replace the two words with whatever you want to call your link. For instances, in the example I did above, I called it Roger's Newspaper article. You can't see the long web link that I put, because I replaced the word url with your long web link. Voila... you now have a clickable link :)

Just remember to take out those spaces that I put in the example so that you could see the coding behind setting up a hyperlink or clickable link :)

Cheryl
    (some habits never die... back in my working days, I was a Systems Instructor for the Provincial Government) :D
  • you are here mate. Alive a very special time for your dad
    hi tom.
    Such powerful sentimnets here in your post.
    Its been a vivid year for us both.
    Thanks for this post it reminded me of my dad who died when i was 14.
    That 30 years ago for me.

The miracle that your alive. Well and able to love your dad in his hour of need
    is so special.
    Just love and care for him.
    Love pete

This comment has been removed by the Moderator