Positive results from my last chemo

Options
2»

Comments

• anicca
    anicca Member Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    LOVE the blonde wig! I
    LOVE the blonde wig! I think it complements your skin tone better than the funky green/blue one (which I also like.) I'm wearing my "work" wig in my pic, but I also have a shoulder length blonde wig which I had fun wearing.

DB
  • wanttogetwellsoon
    wanttogetwellsoon Member Posts: 147
    Options
    You and your results
    Tina...
    Have been following your posts since I first registered in March. I was a little apprehensive about posting because, although my doctors had told me I had malignant cells in the ascites fluid they aspirated from my tummy and they thought it was Primary Peritoneal, I hadn't had it confirmed. I needed an oncologist to confirm the diagnosis. Anyway, now I've been told for definite and I don't feel so much of a fake and I'll fill in my profile information.

My PPC is low grade and advanced. They've said it's 3b but only because they couldn't get to the lymph nodes as my abdominal adhesions were too dense. Plus, the cells were on the adhesions themselves.

To cut a long story short, out of all of the posts I've read on any site, yours have struck me the most. I'm not sure why but, to me, you appear to be the most human. Maybe its because you've touched me in a very personal way. Or maybe it's because you are dealing with it all in a very head on way which is very like the way I'm coping.

I'm really glad your scan has come back positive and that your CA125 levels are coming down. It's great news!
  • azgrandma
    azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
    Options

You and your results
    Tina...
    Have been following your posts since I first registered in March. I was a little apprehensive about posting because, although my doctors had told me I had malignant cells in the ascites fluid they aspirated from my tummy and they thought it was Primary Peritoneal, I hadn't had it confirmed. I needed an oncologist to confirm the diagnosis. Anyway, now I've been told for definite and I don't feel so much of a fake and I'll fill in my profile information.

My PPC is low grade and advanced. They've said it's 3b but only because they couldn't get to the lymph nodes as my abdominal adhesions were too dense. Plus, the cells were on the adhesions themselves.

To cut a long story short, out of all of the posts I've read on any site, yours have struck me the most. I'm not sure why but, to me, you appear to be the most human. Maybe its because you've touched me in a very personal way. Or maybe it's because you are dealing with it all in a very head on way which is very like the way I'm coping.

I'm really glad your scan has come back positive and that your CA125 levels are coming down. It's great news!

Glad your feeling better
    so glad your doing better
  • MK_4Dani
    MK_4Dani Member Posts: 314
    Options
    SWEET!
    Love to read that news Tina! WOO HOO HOO!
    Mary
  • Tina Brown
    Tina Brown Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

You and your results
    Tina...

Hello wanttogetwellsoon
    I am sorry to hear about your cancer. I think my oncologist once said mine was agressive, its certainly advanced as I am stage 4 because the cells spread and gave me fluid around my lungs.

It has taken me 18 months to come to terms with my cancer. I have always tried to be up beat about it because there is no other way to be. I can't spend the rest of my life being miserable and scared.

Tina
  • wanttogetwellsoon
    Options

Hello wanttogetwellsoon
    I am sorry to hear about your cancer. I think my oncologist once said mine was agressive, its certainly advanced as I am stage 4 because the cells spread and gave me fluid around my lungs.

It has taken me 18 months to come to terms with my cancer. I have always tried to be up beat about it because there is no other way to be. I can't spend the rest of my life being miserable and scared.

Tina

Being Postive
    One of the strangest things I've noticed about having cancer is watching the reactions of other people when they talk about it. Sometimes they seem to ignore the fact that I've got it altogether. I'm ok with however they choose to react because I think it's hard to come to terms with it all. Sometimes I feel that it isn't me that they're talking about and that it's a bad dream. At the moment, I'm not scared of it all, but I know it's maybe me just putting my fears to one side which I know I use in other areas of my life. I've been in an out of hospital since I was 22 with gynae stuff but this is different.

I try to stay positive and I find that humour is a good way for me to cope. Some days I'm more upbeat than others and at other times I feel low inside, but put on a brave face for other people. It's very hard to stay down though if I smile enough.

Take care Tina.. and, again, really great news for you. I'm so pleased.
  • AussieMaddie
    AussieMaddie Member Posts: 345 Member
    Options

You and your results
    Tina...

Me too - and congratulations to Tina!
    Hi wtgws,

we have some things in common. Like you, I was immediately drawn to Tina because her experience of PPS and the similar paths we have taken in dealing with that.

Also like you, they could only detect cancer in me at all by taking a sample if the fluid ("ascites") from my abdomen. No CT scans showed anything at all. Hoping that a PET scan soon to be done will shed more light on that. I don't have adhesions. I think they are generally from surgery already done, aren't they? Maybe not. I'm rapt that Tina has responded so well to the carbo/taxol. I am on that too and it proving very effective. If, after the PET scan (and possibly surgery), I am given a break from it, I hope that it will also prove to be as effective for me at a later time.

Take care,

AussieMaddie
  • AussieMaddie
    AussieMaddie Member Posts: 345 Member
    Options

Hello wanttogetwellsoon

Tina

For Tina
    ((((( )))))
    AussieMaddie
  • wanttogetwellsoon
    Options
    hello Tina...
    Just read your post. I'm really glad that your numbers are down and that the disease seems to be under control. My CA125 was 6 at the last count but it means nothing because it doesn't seem to change even though I have advanced disease. The doctor has told me that the CA125 test is not a good indicator in my case and has, like your doctor, told me that it's really how well or ill I am feeling which will be the best way to monitor me. I didn't like it when she told me because I like numbers, blood test results and the like because they seem so much more scientific, but actually, they're not always right anyway are they? I hope you have a much longer remission than six months because it would be the break you need. I've never heard of topotecan and wonder if the effects of it are similar to carbo/taxol? Take very good care Tina. Love Sue
  • wanttogetwellsoon
    Options

Me too - and congratulations to Tina!
    Hi wtgws,

we have some things in common. Like you, I was immediately drawn to Tina because her experience of PPS and the similar paths we have taken in dealing with that.

Also like you, they could only detect cancer in me at all by taking a sample if the fluid ("ascites") from my abdomen. No CT scans showed anything at all. Hoping that a PET scan soon to be done will shed more light on that. I don't have adhesions. I think they are generally from surgery already done, aren't they? Maybe not. I'm rapt that Tina has responded so well to the carbo/taxol. I am on that too and it proving very effective. If, after the PET scan (and possibly surgery), I am given a break from it, I hope that it will also prove to be as effective for me at a later time.

Take care,

AussieMaddie

Hi AussieMaddie ...
    This scan business is a bit ineffective for us isn't it? I had one in March and nothing showed up as you know. I've been referred to the gynae oncologist people now and because they're monitoring my progress, they have done another one. I'm not sure what difference it all makes to be honest except they can check for any changes in the abdominal cavity from one scan to another presumably. I'm just on carboplatin as the doctor felt that because I was very ill in March from a bowel blockage, having the two doubled the risk from infections for me. She said they might add Taxol later sometime during my first cycle. I'm hoping they don't bother because Taxol just gives that extra boost apparently but I know in my heart of hearts that they will suggest it soon. I hope the PET scan helps ... take good care... Sue