124»

Comments

• sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    Baygal said:

Magic Mineral Broth
    Hi Dawn,

Thought I'd give you guys a good chuckle. Vickie and I have been going to drug and health food stores trying to get our kit together. Everywhere we went, we'd ask for some Magic Mineral broth. No one had it nor had they ever heard of it. We finally figured out that it is a recipe from Rebekka Katz's book. Boy, did we feel stupid. But got a good laugh out of it. Going to the health food store now to try and find all the ingredients for the broth.
    Regards to all,
    Bob

Baygal
    Bob, lol. That is funny. Sorry about that. I think upthread Robyn (Ron49) was the contributor of the Magic Mineral Broth. I think she mentioned it was a recipe, but in my consolidation of the list, i left that part out. I have a link to the recipe on the HNC Superthread. I have problems finding the seaweed, but it's good without it. Any good home made rich broth is good to me when I'm not feeling well, and it's easy enough to throw in a crock pot to cook when you feel like cr@p.

So glad that you are doing the kit! Adventure Bob's idea was brilliant. I wish I was this prepared when I started!
  • Baygal
    Baygal Member Posts: 34
    Options

Baygal
    Bob, lol. That is funny. Sorry about that. I think upthread Robyn (Ron49) was the contributor of the Magic Mineral Broth. I think she mentioned it was a recipe, but in my consolidation of the list, i left that part out. I have a link to the recipe on the HNC Superthread. I have problems finding the seaweed, but it's good without it. Any good home made rich broth is good to me when I'm not feeling well, and it's easy enough to throw in a crock pot to cook when you feel like cr@p.

So glad that you are doing the kit! Adventure Bob's idea was brilliant. I wish I was this prepared when I started!

Seaweed
    Found the Kombu and the garnet yam at Whold Foods here in San Antonio. Couldn't find them anywhere else. If you have another favorite broth you like, I would love to get the recipe from you.
    Thanks,
    Bob
  • KTeacher
    KTeacher Member Posts: 1,103
    Options
    Baygal said:

Seaweed
    Found the Kombu and the garnet yam at Whold Foods here in San Antonio. Couldn't find them anywhere else. If you have another favorite broth you like, I would love to get the recipe from you.
    Thanks,
    Bob

Broth
    Wow, you found all of the ingredients the first time out! I had my daughter and my sister looking for the seaweed for me. Once you taste this broth you will not need another. Add to it what you would to make any other soup that you usually like. My sister added tortallini (sp) and spinach (after she had strained the broth). One of my first eats, my sister counted how many tortallini I was able to eat.
  • Baygal
    Options
    KTeacher said:

Broth
    Wow, you found all of the ingredients the first time out! I had my daughter and my sister looking for the seaweed for me. Once you taste this broth you will not need another. Add to it what you would to make any other soup that you usually like. My sister added tortallini (sp) and spinach (after she had strained the broth). One of my first eats, my sister counted how many tortallini I was able to eat.

Strain the broth and add to it
    Good to know.
    Thanks,
    Bob
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    Baygal said:

Seaweed
    Thanks,
    Bob

Baygal. More Broth.
    I was thinking of looking on line for the kombu, since I cannot find it here. The yam, too. This is what happens when you live out in the sticks! Lol

This is my roasted vegetable stock I use. You can leave out the garlic, if you're not a fan, but the flavor really mellows after roasting. I have also added a chicken carcass from a left over rotisserie chicken or chicken bones or even a few back and neck pieces to make it a chicken stock. I have roasted beef soup bones next to the veggies to make it a beef stock, as well. I just put it in the crock pot to cook. Don't need to worry about stirring. If you do the beef stock, 8-10 hrs on high. Chicken or veg, I do about 5 hrs on high.

ROASTED VEGETABLE STOCK

If you don't want to roast the vegetables, your stock will be ok, but it won't have the depth of flavor that the roasted vegetable stock has. I would skip all that garlic and the green pepper if you don't roast the veg.
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    Baygal said:

Seaweed
    Thanks,
    Bob

Baygal. More Broth.
    I was thinking of looking on line for the kombu, since I cannot find it here. The yam, too. This is what happens when you live out in the sticks! Lol

This is my roasted vegetable stock I use. You can leave out the garlic, if you're not a fan, but the flavor really mellows after roasting. I have also added a chicken carcass from a left over rotisserie chicken or chicken bones or even a few back and neck pieces to make it a chicken stock. I have roasted beef soup bones next to the veggies to make it a beef stock, as well. I just put it in the crock pot to cook. Don't need to worry about stirring. If you do the beef stock, 8-10 hrs on high. Chicken or veg, I do about 5 hrs on high.

ROASTED VEGETABLE STOCK

If you don't want to roast the vegetables, your stock will be ok, but it won't have the depth of flavor that the roasted vegetable stock has. I would skip all that garlic and the green pepper if you don't roast the veg.
  • Baygal
    Options

Baygal. More Broth.

ROASTED VEGETABLE STOCK

Roasted Vegetable Stock
    Thanks Dawn. I've already printed it out. If you still can't find kombu on line, let us know and we'll UPS some to you. Assuming, of course, that you're not so far out in the sticks that the truck couldn't find you. Lol
    Bob
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    Baygal said:

Roasted Vegetable Stock
    Thanks Dawn. I've already printed it out. If you still can't find kombu on line, let us know and we'll UPS some to you. Assuming, of course, that you're not so far out in the sticks that the truck couldn't find you. Lol
    Bob

UPS
    Lol. We do get UPS. He and the mail carrier aren't crazy about coming near the house though. I think it has something to do with the 200 lb English Mastiff. :)

Thank you. I am going to ask the owner of FreshLife about it next time I get up to Williamsport.