Pics of my hobbies now posted on my expressions- Enjoy

Pinkpower
Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
Just posted some pics of my hobbies. Im hoping one day I will get good enough to be able to sell what I make.

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    wow...very nice...

wow...very nice...
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member

wow...very nice...

wow...very nice...

Yumm-O!
    Beautiful cakes and crochet. In my neck of the woods, there are many private cake makers who have home-based businesses. The trick is knowing who they are here - mostly happens by word of mouth. They are the ones to find, tho, because they will go outside the box and do something special for that special occasion. Good luck! You can do it.

You might try Esty for your crochet items.

I turned my love of sewing into a business about 12 years ago. The trick is finding the right niche to make your time worthwhile. I sew primarily "to the trade" and only items for the home (primarily window treatments, but also pillows, cushions, bedding, etc.). This means I sew for interior designers because they value my work and have the clientele who want custom work. For my embroidery, I don't do hats and shirts like many of the large embroidery shops do. I do custom monograms on pillows, slipcovers, linens, totes, etc. Big shops don't want to do one of a kind things. Fits right into my design trade niche. I can't afford me. There must be a similar niche for your interests/hobbies. Maybe hook up with an event planner for special cakes for special occasions?

You go, girl!

Suzanne
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Lupe I have to ask - are you
    Lupe I have to ask - are you packing on any extra pounds, having all those cakes around? I would be -i absolutely LOVE cake. When I take my kids to birthday parties, I stick around for cake & ice cream, i am a CAKE junkie!! I dont think cake decorating would be a ver good hobby for me, seriously, because I would just pile on the pounds! I love the pics you posted, and so happy for you that you're having a good time with your new hobbies!
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    VERY talented indeed!!
    Your works (or should I say pleasure?) looks amazing.

I would definitely want you to bake me a cake LOL..

YUMMM

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    aysemari said:

VERY talented indeed!!
    Your works (or should I say pleasure?) looks amazing.

I would definitely want you to bake me a cake LOL..

YUMMM

Hugs,
    Ayse

you are so talented. I bet
    you are so talented. I bet it's great relaxation for you too.
    Let me just say that those beautiful cakes have made my mouth water and I think I'm going to the store for cake now!
    Thanks a lot, like I need more cake at 20 lbs overweight!!

YUM is right Ayse
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Beautiful!
    Thank you for sharing your hobby with us, what beautiful cakes you create. I did this for my children years ago and loved it, you surely have a gift.

RE
  • Pinkpower

Yumm-O!
    Beautiful cakes and crochet. In my neck of the woods, there are many private cake makers who have home-based businesses. The trick is knowing who they are here - mostly happens by word of mouth. They are the ones to find, tho, because they will go outside the box and do something special for that special occasion. Good luck! You can do it.

You might try Esty for your crochet items.

I turned my love of sewing into a business about 12 years ago. The trick is finding the right niche to make your time worthwhile. I sew primarily "to the trade" and only items for the home (primarily window treatments, but also pillows, cushions, bedding, etc.). This means I sew for interior designers because they value my work and have the clientele who want custom work. For my embroidery, I don't do hats and shirts like many of the large embroidery shops do. I do custom monograms on pillows, slipcovers, linens, totes, etc. Big shops don't want to do one of a kind things. Fits right into my design trade niche. I can't afford me. There must be a similar niche for your interests/hobbies. Maybe hook up with an event planner for special cakes for special occasions?

You go, girl!

Suzanne

Suzanne
    A lot of good advice. Thank you so much.
  • Pinkpower

Lupe I have to ask - are you
    Lupe I have to ask - are you packing on any extra pounds, having all those cakes around? I would be -i absolutely LOVE cake. When I take my kids to birthday parties, I stick around for cake & ice cream, i am a CAKE junkie!! I dont think cake decorating would be a ver good hobby for me, seriously, because I would just pile on the pounds! I love the pics you posted, and so happy for you that you're having a good time with your new hobbies!
    *hugs*
    Heather

Hi Heather
    I had to laugh, though sweets including cakes are my weakness, I make a HUGE mental note not to keep tasting while Im making the cakes, that way I wont feel guilty when I have a piece with everyone else. Plus Im still struggling to lose the weight I put on during chemo, I still about 15lbs where I want to be, though I would be happy if I lost at least 10 lbs. So hard!!!