Lingering chemo side effects. depression. blah and pfft....update

Options
2»

Comments

• Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

Sorry
    I am so sorry you have so much negative stuff going on. I am glad to hear from you and it is great that your Mom is done with her treatment. Prayers being said for you. God Bless
    (((hugs))) Janice

I am sorry Heather. Sending
    I am sorry Heather. Sending hugs and prayers to you!

Hugs, Angie
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    Oh Dear Heather, I'm so
    Oh Dear Heather, I'm so sorry life has you in a funk right now. I'm super glad you came here and let it all out, we do relate well on this board. I just want you to know you're in my thoughts and prayers and keep your chin up, it has to get better. Big Hugs Girl!!
    Miles of Love,
    ~Kari
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options

Oh Dear Heather, I'm so
    Oh Dear Heather, I'm so sorry life has you in a funk right now. I'm super glad you came here and let it all out, we do relate well on this board. I just want you to know you're in my thoughts and prayers and keep your chin up, it has to get better. Big Hugs Girl!!
    Miles of Love,
    ~Kari

Getting help
    I hear so many of you struggling with the same issues. We're a good and safe support for each other, but sometimes professional help is necessary for us to get through all of the hurdles and see the forest through the trees on the emotional part of this journey. Finances often prohibit us from seeking the help we sorely need. Add to that the facts that we're overwhelmed with trying to perform the day to day activities of life and we simply don't know what to do or how to do it. Along with the effect on comprehensive skills associated chemo brain, I think our problem-solving skills in general are effected. I think there are resources available for family and individual counseling, but I don't know what they are. Someday I might know because I'm being trained as a Peer Navigator and part of my job will be to know these things. Unfortunately, I've only attended one training session, but even at that I learned about resources I never knew were available through ACS. That would be my first call - ACS. Then social services through your medical/cancer center.

And sometimes just venting/getting it all out on paper helps. Keep on venting here! We are a mighty strong group when we have each other.

Suzanne
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    Heatherbelle,
    Not much to

Heatherbelle,
    Not much to say except I am so sorry that everything is happening at once. Financial issues add to everything else. I know that too well!

On the bright side, I am so glad that you like your hair and will finish your reconstruction this next week now! And very happy for your mom.

Sounds like your husband is worried but so glad that he has been so supportive all the way through this journey. Even the most supportive don't always realize that you have completed the treatments, but the effects linger on.

After my initial treatment, my doctor put me on a arthritis med that really helped, however, cold and damp weather still caused a little discomfort. I only was on it for a short time as the joints did get a lot better. Can't remember the name of it, 8 years later!!

Glad you could vent and remember that everything works out, just sometimes our journey takes a new path and that is not always a bad thing!

Thinking of you,
    ~Carol
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Hello Heather. So MANY of
    Hello Heather. So MANY of us experience the PIT once active treatment is over. It's a wonder that there isn't a name and diagnosis for it and it alone! Believe me, it does get better, but feels like a puddle of sludge when you're in it. You vibrate such good, strong energy that I know you will pull yourself out with a little help from your friends (and maybe some professional help which is also a GOOD thing). Hugs to you. xoxoxo Lynn
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

Oh Dear Heather, I'm so
    Miles of Love,
    ~Kari

You have a lot going on
    You have a lot going on Heather and have had so much to go thru. You will get like this, we all do. But, it will get better and you will have brighter days. I promise!

Hugs, Lex