Options
2»

Comments

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    pattyanny said:

Yesssss!
    Although I have no faith in the insurance companies, my faith in God remains strong. I want you all to know how much I appreciate your thoughts, prayers, and positive energy. GOOD NEWS!
    No change - I am still NED! Now I can celebrate another birthday this month, which I now view as a gift! I cannot believe all your posts about these insurance companies not paying for much needed scans, chemo, etc! It truly disgusts me - yes,it is the greed and lack of compassion. True again - What if it was THEIR loved one??? But by my faith,and my pitbull of a Sister got me to go, (not cancel) and BELIEVE! I am truly grateful to you all, and hope my experience will inspire you to believe in yourself, not the diagnosis. My PET is scheduled for August, as I told my Dr, UNKNOWN PRIMARY??? Please use it, not the NED diagnosis. She agreed, and hopefully they will approve the PET in August. Either way, I am going to dance, love, and live like there is no tomorrow! How can I go wrong? :)
    My love and prayer to my CSN family. Thank you!!!!
    Love and prayer, Patty - soon to be FATTY!!!!

WTG
    Good news sister......

JG
  • buzz99
    buzz99 Member Posts: 404
    Options
    pattyanny said:

Yesssss!
    Although I have no faith in the insurance companies, my faith in God remains strong. I want you all to know how much I appreciate your thoughts, prayers, and positive energy. GOOD NEWS!
    No change - I am still NED! Now I can celebrate another birthday this month, which I now view as a gift! I cannot believe all your posts about these insurance companies not paying for much needed scans, chemo, etc! It truly disgusts me - yes,it is the greed and lack of compassion. True again - What if it was THEIR loved one??? But by my faith,and my pitbull of a Sister got me to go, (not cancel) and BELIEVE! I am truly grateful to you all, and hope my experience will inspire you to believe in yourself, not the diagnosis. My PET is scheduled for August, as I told my Dr, UNKNOWN PRIMARY??? Please use it, not the NED diagnosis. She agreed, and hopefully they will approve the PET in August. Either way, I am going to dance, love, and live like there is no tomorrow! How can I go wrong? :)
    My love and prayer to my CSN family. Thank you!!!!
    Love and prayer, Patty - soon to be FATTY!!!!

Wonderful News!
    Great to hear you are still NED. Get out and do some living! Karen
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    pattyanny said:

DancinGg!
    Lol Sweet! You have the best recipes, I am going to have to start copying them. I will gain weight for sure! How about we "happy dance" today? You were to full, and I was exhausted! I fell asleep about 6pm and slept right thru! So today we dance! Thanks Sweet, you are the best!

Happy Dance while I am cooking.
    I wondered where you were last night. Glad you got a lot of sleep! I may have to benadryl myself tonight. Lol

I think I will go make my lunch. I want to make arancini (rice balls) with my left over risotto from last night. :)
  • hawk711
    hawk711 Member Posts: 566
    Options
    buzz99 said:

Wonderful News!

Always great news
    So glad to hear you are doing well. Nice to see us all getting better--slowly!!!!
    Steve
  • pattyanny
    pattyanny Member Posts: 544
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

WTG
    Good news sister......

JG

Yippee!
    Thanks Skiffin! I am going to leave the past, ALL the past, behind and use the "This is the first day of the rest of your life motto." God bless you and your lovely wife!
    Patty
    P.S. LOL! It is good to have sisters. :)
  • pattyanny
    Options
    buzz99 said:

Wonderful News!

Thank you Karen!!! I plan on
    Thank you Karen!!! I plan on looking forward, and doing some living....just not sure how. LOL! I think I will start with some ME time, which is long overdue! Thanks, and God bless you! Patty
  • staceya
    staceya Member Posts: 720
    Options
    hawk711 said:

Always great news
    So glad to hear you are doing well. Nice to see us all getting better--slowly!!!!
    Steve

Wonderful to hear!!
    Stacey

Wonderful to hear!!
    Stacey
  • pattyanny
    Options
    hawk711 said:

Always great news
    Steve

Hi Hawk!
    Thank you - it is a relief, and this month will be my first birthday after my NED diagnosis. I never liked birthdays, but now, what a gift! It is a slow road, but so good to read all the good news postings. Hopefully, it can inspire newly diagnosed people to fight, and believe.
    Love & Prayers Steve, Patty
  • pattyanny
    Options
    staceya said:

Wonderful to hear!!
    Stacey

Wonderful to hear!!
    Stacey

Hi Staceya - Thank you! Hope
    Hi Staceya - Thank you! Hope you are on the road to recovery as well. I have kind of had a full plate lately, and have not been on the Boards. :( I miss you, and all my fellow fighters. Gotta a lot of catching up to do!
    God bless you, Patty
  • palmyrafan
    palmyrafan Member Posts: 396
    Options
    Insurance Companies and Treatment
    I am thrilled to hear that you have been given good news.

That said, I always encourage people to challenge their insurance companies. Why?

Let's say that 10 people have the same exact treatment. The insurance company will automatically deny all 10 claims. Out of those 10 claims, only 7 will re-apply for payment. Out of those 7, all will again be denied. Out of those 7 who were denied, only 3 will re-apply again for payment. The insurance company then approves those 3 claims thereby saving themselves the cost of the 7 claims. I urge anyone who has been denied coverage when they are told they need a test to ask for a review of the claim. Many times, the people making the decisions about the claims may or may not even be doctors. Also, ask your healthcare provider to be more creative with the ICRD codes. Not to lie, but to break down the treatment into bits and pieces that the insurance company will cover. Also, when asking for a review with the insurance company, send a letter with a picture of yoruself (and/or your family as well). It's a lot harder to deny coverage when they can put a face to the name. Believe it or not, this has actually worked many times.

Good luck.
  • pattyanny
    Options

Insurance Companies and Treatment
    I am thrilled to hear that you have been given good news.

That said, I always encourage people to challenge their insurance companies. Why?

Let's say that 10 people have the same exact treatment. The insurance company will automatically deny all 10 claims. Out of those 10 claims, only 7 will re-apply for payment. Out of those 7, all will again be denied. Out of those 7 who were denied, only 3 will re-apply again for payment. The insurance company then approves those 3 claims thereby saving themselves the cost of the 7 claims. I urge anyone who has been denied coverage when they are told they need a test to ask for a review of the claim. Many times, the people making the decisions about the claims may or may not even be doctors. Also, ask your healthcare provider to be more creative with the ICRD codes. Not to lie, but to break down the treatment into bits and pieces that the insurance company will cover. Also, when asking for a review with the insurance company, send a letter with a picture of yoruself (and/or your family as well). It's a lot harder to deny coverage when they can put a face to the name. Believe it or not, this has actually worked many times.

Good luck.

Thank you paimyrafan for
    Thank you paimyrafan for your informative post. Too many times, we take their word for it, and do not appeal their decisions. Sometimes we are too tired to fight. Getting thru each day is enough for a lot of us, then to have to deal with the mountains of paperwork - well it can be overwhelming. We have to remember, we ARE fighters, and we deserve to be treated, and get treated with the needed scans and tests. You gave some good advice, including a picture is wonderful. Although I avoid the camera these days at all costs - LOL! Thanks, and God bless you! Believe, Patty