Omg! Lefty has fallen, again!!!!!!

CandaceMM
CandaceMM Member Posts: 68
As of an hour ago, March 18 surgery is a bust. Bioderm used, this was my third implant surgery since December 1, 1010.
Surgery number 7 will take place immediately. 7 in 10 mos. So very, very emotional and sad. I know it's not rational but I feel like such a failure. Awful.

I hope I'm a candidate for DIEP, need surgeon. Talked to PRMA, their wait list is 4 mos. That doesn't work for me. 14 year old daughter begins high school (public for first time) in August. She has extreme ADD and needs me.

Help!

Comments

• aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Caandace...
    how to console you? I can't believe Lefty has done it AGAIN.

I wish I could give you some smart advice but I am at a loss.
    All I can say is, when I saw the title I thought at first it was an
    old post but then I saw your date and I had tears in my eyes.
    This must be so disappointing. Please keep your chin up and
    remember where there's a will, there shall be a breast!!!
    There has to be.

Giving you a great big hug,
    Ayse
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    I am ready to cry with you, Candace ...
    Seriously! I went thru 8 major surgeries in 13 months ... I still require nipples and tatt's .. so ... my heart aches... Please... please... please see another surgeon ... get a 2nd and 3rd opinion.

My right breast dropped, and righty is not even my cancer breast -- staph infection contacted while on vacation at the Grand Canyon .. yep, been there .. experience that ... and it is not fun, or pretty. I walked around with 1 fully expanded left breast and a flat right breast for several months. I walked around, lopsided, humiliated and in disbelief. Wasn't fighting for my life, enduring chemo treatments , surgeries, and never ending side efforts, enough?

I missed my daughters high school graduation due to my extreme low WBC . . which was 2 months after my 5 day intensive care hospital stay, which then turn into emergency surgery to remove my right TE which has been infected by staph. Yes, the good times!

So I guess what I am trying to say ... Never give up, or never give in!

Fast Forward ---11 months ==== My life is pretty good .. I can walk and stand for hours, unlike this time last year, my chronic fatigue doesn't get the better of me, most days .. and my hair is growing. I am FINALLY LIVING, again! As you will, too. It takes time.

Strength and Courage ...

Vicki Sam

p.s.===Barbie and Bambi .. are perky, and giving me (as well, as my husband) hours of enjoyment! LOL
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Candace! I'm SO sorry this
    Candace! I'm SO sorry this has happened to you yet again! :(
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    :-{
    Candace I am at a loss for words, so desperately sorry to read that this has yet again happened to you! I too thought it was an old post until I looked at the date. Hang in there Candace, I have to believe it will be a success and I most certainly hope this next time is the successful time!

Hugs,

RE
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

Candace! I'm SO sorry this
    Candace! I'm SO sorry this has happened to you yet again! :(
    *hugs*
    Heather

I'm so sorry Candace. I
    I'm so sorry Candace. I can't believe this happened again. Do you think seeing another surgeon would help?

Sending you a big hug,

Leeza
  • Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    RE said:

:-{
    Candace I am at a loss for words, so desperately sorry to read that this has yet again happened to you! I too thought it was an old post until I looked at the date. Hang in there Candace, I have to believe it will be a success and I most certainly hope this next time is the successful time!

Hugs,

RE

So sorry
    Candace, I am so sorry. I wish you didn't have to go through this, you really don't deserve it. I am thinking about you and hoping that everything turns around for you asap.

Clementine
  • pinkapples
    pinkapples Member Posts: 54 Member
    Such a bummer
    we have enough to deal with anyway, then you encounter setbacks like this; you must be so discouraged. All I can say is dont give up! Just when you think you cant handle anymore, you will somehow find the strength :0) Good luck to you > peace and love sent your way !
  • CandaceMM
    CandaceMM Member Posts: 68

Such a bummer
    we have enough to deal with anyway, then you encounter setbacks like this; you must be so discouraged. All I can say is dont give up! Just when you think you cant handle anymore, you will somehow find the strength :0) Good luck to you > peace and love sent your way !

Thanks everyone
    This is a pretty big hit, I must say. My onc wrote a scrip for valium today. So, I have a little peace. Headed to Houston to see PS on Monday morning.

It's really nice to hear encouraging, thoughtful words from you! I must keep my head up and keep moving forward, my daughter's watching.

Wanna hear the worst part? These new foobs look amazing. I am harboring some hope that this can be remedied. Denial mixed with fear of DIEP. Oh well...

I love you all for taking the time out of you day to post!

Candace
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    CandaceMM said:

Thanks everyone
    This is a pretty big hit, I must say. My onc wrote a scrip for valium today. So, I have a little peace. Headed to Houston to see PS on Monday morning.

It's really nice to hear encouraging, thoughtful words from you! I must keep my head up and keep moving forward, my daughter's watching.

Wanna hear the worst part? These new foobs look amazing. I am harboring some hope that this can be remedied. Denial mixed with fear of DIEP. Oh well...

I love you all for taking the time out of you day to post!

Candace

Wishing you good luck on
    Wishing you good luck on Monday Candace! Praying that this can be fixed, and, fixed easily for you. Hang in there! We are all here for you.

Hugs, Debby