Stage 4 Cancer

azizi
azizi Member Posts: 1
Dear CSN members,
My grandfather in Iran has been fighting stage 4 stomach cancer for the past two years. He has been unable to eat anything except through a feeding tube. His condition has become worse as he no longer can walk, and recently he needs assistance moving an inch of his body. My grandmother called me this morning and said that he is in a lot of pain and has been coughing up blood. She said that the doctors have said when a stage 4 stomach cancer patient starts to cough blood he/she will not have much longer to live and gave my grandfather 1-2 days.

I am wondering, does anyone know if this is true? Does anyone have any tips or any suggestions?

I don't know what to do and am unable to go see him as I live in the US. I am devastated.

Comments

• Tina Blondek
    Tina Blondek Member Posts: 1,500 Member
    Welcome
    Hello azizi and welcome to the stomach cancer discussion board. I was a caregiver for my dad. He passed away last March from esophageal cancer which went to his liver. I am so sorry to hear of your Grandfather's dx. I believe what they are telling you is true. I would suggest to you to tell your Grandmother to contact hospice. They can help her and your grandfather deal with this. It is unfortunate that you can not be there with them, but it is also understandable. Being with them over the phone is better than not at all. Hope this helps. I will be thinking of you.
    Tina in Va