Can't keep a good woman down for long!!!

Options
KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
When they are stressed, some people go shopping, others change their haircut, others still go to the spa....

Me, today being bored...I booked a cruise!!! Inaugural cruise for Celebrity's new ship....Hamburg, Germany to Rome, Italy....on my BIRTHDAY!!! YEA!!!

And, even though it only stops in Barcelona, Spain before hitting Rome, I booked a Port side cabin, so I'm looking at land, out of the sun, the whole cruise!!!

And since it is ME paying for it....I booked a Concierge level cabin....fresh flowers everyday, champagne waiting on boarding, early on and off...YEA!!! At least ONE of us knows how to travel...

HE is responsible if he wants to go to Hamburg early, or stay awhile in Rome (we only were there for a day last year...I want to see MORE!)...so who knows?

Hugs, Kathi

Comments

• pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options
    I'll be waiting here my friend!
    Hugs!
  • khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807
    Options
    My dream trip, let me know
    My dream trip, let me know how it is as I want to plan this same trip for next year!!!!!!

Kathy
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options
    khl8 said:

My dream trip, let me know how it is as I want to plan this same trip for next year!!!!!!

Kathy

Kathi Hanburg- Barcelona non stop?
    are you sure that's what you want?
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    Sounds Great!
    So very glad that you are treating yourself to such a wonder trip and going in style.

I had the opportunity to visit Rome (and other cities in Italy) a number of years ago. So very much to see that it is hard to take it all in. If you have the chance to get a tour of the Vatican I highly recommend it regardless of your religious beliefs. The treasures it holds and the architecture are a sight to behold.

So when is this fab trip...for those of us who don't know when your birthday is...lol.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    Options
    U go girl!

U go girl!
  • KathiM
    Options
    pepebcn said:

Kathi Hanburg- Barcelona non stop?
    are you sure that's what you want?

We shall see...lol!
    I'm taking plenty of reading stuff, but I'm hoping that, because it's the inaugural cruise, that there will be alot of 'special' activities planned...

And, 'At sea' is only 4 days....I can get alot of BINGO in, if I care to...ROFL!

Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM
    Options
    khl8 said:

Kathy

Kathy, I'll take pics....
    This is my first Celebrity cruise...heard it's a great line...

Cruise number 10 for me...jump on in, the water's fine!

Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM
    Options

Sounds Great!
    So very glad that you are treating yourself to such a wonder trip and going in style.

I had the opportunity to visit Rome (and other cities in Italy) a number of years ago. So very much to see that it is hard to take it all in. If you have the chance to get a tour of the Vatican I highly recommend it regardless of your religious beliefs. The treasures it holds and the architecture are a sight to behold.

So when is this fab trip...for those of us who don't know when your birthday is...lol.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties

Marie, the end of July....
    ...and we will already be in Europe....

We have been negotiating a peace between us both...19 years is a long time to throw away...so I thought this cruise would be something special to look forward to...either that, or we will kill each other...ROFL!

Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM
    Options
    ketziah35 said:

U go girl!

U go girl!

Thank you!
    I am excited, more than I thought I would be...

I guess I needed a break from reality worse than I thought...*smile*

Hugs, Kathi
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Fun!
    That sounds lovely!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • trainer
    trainer Member Posts: 241
    Options
    Hamburg cruise
    My first major cruise called for a stop in Hamburg. We had an 8 hour cruise to get to Hamburg, and it was a blast. I was on a carrier as several times we passed homes of retired German naval officers. Each of them would fire a cannon salute and render honors and we would return the honor. Beautiful countryside.

And Hamburg has the St. Pauli district with all the beer halls. Had a very good time. It has quite the red light district too, or so I am told. I happened to notice near the docks a bright red Coke sign which stood out in the full gray of the architure and overcast skies. A close look revealed underneath the Coke sign a Nazi eagle carved into the wall of a roundhouse., i think it was the police station.

Have fun!