Options
2»

Comments

• DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Cavediver
    I had my port removed in January as an outpatient in the hospital. I was awake but numbed and all went well. It did take several weeks to heal. Hang in there. Hope your mom is ok.
    {{hugs}} Char

Glad cavediver that your
    Glad cavediver that your port is out!

Hugs, Diane
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

Yea for Deportation!
    Don't be afraid, and certainly don't be apprehensive about the removal. I also had mine removed in the surgeon's office, and it really was a piece of cake. I didn't want to go under anesthesia again, so choose to do it "like a big girl". The whole process probably took 30 minutes (numb the area, slight stick to deaden the underlying tissue, small incision to get to the port, and then I didn't feel a thing when he removed the tubing(. The only casualty was my hubby, who came in the room with me. He passed out while they were removing the tubing, and they had to call in staff to revive him. So, in our family, we always advise everyone not to take an observer with you. It is so much harder on them! Let us know when it is over. Hugs, Judy

Congrats!

Congrats!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    cavediver said:

Deportation Completed!!!!!!!!
    Thanks everyone and you were right.....it did not hurt at all and was done rather quickly....probably only in their 15 minutes!!!! I only felt the prick of the needle to numb area (kind of burned)....but then nothing at all...no tugging or anything. The same surgeon who inserted it, and did my mastectomy is the one who removed it today. Yeah...it is a better feeling than I imagined...kind of like saying, ok---I am done with this now!
    So now I am joining all of the sisters who have been saying it is no big deal and over quickly! Don't be afraid when they want to deport you! Hugs to all

Huge congrats on getting
    Huge congrats on getting your port out! Now, live your life!

Hugs, Leeza
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    cavediver said:

sore tonight
    felt pretty good after deportation....went to visit Mom in hospital @2 pm........... the numbing started to wear off by 5 pm........went to Chili's with hubby and brother and had a few Presidente Margaritas to help ease the pain....... thinking now of trying to get some sleep...Mom should be transferred to a rehab center tomorrow...so another full day...but better to think of someone else than myself! But I have to tell you all....wow, what a feeling to touch the area and it is flat (sore, but flat) rather than the 'raised' port feeling! It is definitely "MOving On"!!!!

Moving on! Great news that
    Moving on! Great news that your port is out and that you are feeling so well and have a great attitude!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    susie09 said:

Moving on! Great news that
    Moving on! Great news that your port is out and that you are feeling so well and have a great attitude!

Congratulations
    Wishing quick recovery to both you and your Mom
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    :-)
    Happy to hear you have been deported! I never had a port so I am not familiar with the process but I am glad you are port free!

Hugs,

RE