OT - If you have been pregnant -

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
did you have cravings and if so what were they?

With both Sons, I only had cravings once and it was BAD that one night! Made Hubby get up about midnight (he went next door and got his buddy up to go with him) and they searched all of Jacksonville (FL) and surrounding areas to find me canteloupe and cabbage. This was back in 1977 and there weren't many stores open that time of night so finding them took quite a while.

Any body else's really strange combo of what they craved?

Comments

• sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Italian food
    all through pregnancy, never had heartburn. On the flip side, the thought of meat made me sick.

A side note: My mom had different cravings for each one of us and each of us love what she craved for us.

Sue
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    sbmly53 said:

Italian food
    all through pregnancy, never had heartburn. On the flip side, the thought of meat made me sick.

A side note: My mom had different cravings for each one of us and each of us love what she craved for us.

Sue

I remember
    My craving was cantelope....so much so that when I spotted the first cantelope of the season, I literally jumped out of the car while it ws still moving, and ran across a busy street to get to the vegetable stand. My aunt, who was driving, thought I was dead. Also, couldn't get enough of Koolaid....not made with water, but dry out of the package with my wet finger as a spoon. These sound horrible now, but back then, I couldn't help myself. By the way, my daughter was allergic to cantelope....wonder why! Hugs, Judy
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member

I remember
    My craving was cantelope....so much so that when I spotted the first cantelope of the season, I literally jumped out of the car while it ws still moving, and ran across a busy street to get to the vegetable stand. My aunt, who was driving, thought I was dead. Also, couldn't get enough of Koolaid....not made with water, but dry out of the package with my wet finger as a spoon. These sound horrible now, but back then, I couldn't help myself. By the way, my daughter was allergic to cantelope....wonder why! Hugs, Judy

For me it was
    For me it was a slush.Ice cold with cherry flavor.We went every day sometimes twice to get one.I am 5'1 and OMG I gained 40 lbs with this son.He was the second.

Other 2 sons(first and third) I didn't have cravings.

When I was 6 months preg with the second one friends said I would go early.They didn't see how I could carry it any longer.After having him I walked out of the hospital flat.It was ALL baby. And all those slushies.

Lynn Smith
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    OK, this is embarrassing,
    OK, this is embarrassing, but what I craved was that awful liver cheese that comes in the tube-like package. I think it was the salt.

And cokes helped settle my stomach. I thought I would dispense a coca cola and not a daughter...lol. Instead, we have a daughter who loves cokes and I can't get her to switch out for juice or something healthier. But she's nearly 30 and what can you do?!
  • Cinkal
    Cinkal Member Posts: 161
    With my daughter it was taco
    With my daughter it was taco bell. With my son it was those Little Debbie peanut butter wafer bars and brussel sprouts.
  • Rague

I remember

Koolaid?
    Are you talking about the old original Koolaid that had no sweetener in it (had to add a cup of sugar to it when made)? That was bitter stuff! Yes I have tried it and all I can do thinking about how it tasted is to sit here shivering. Now the powdered Jello I love (was not a craving while prego though) to eat - like it frozen too when made with water. 'Tastes' are all so unique - I will not eat anything with black pepper in it or with any of the hot peppers - it burns my mouth! But you can't make mustard or horseraddish that is too hot for me - the hotter the better.
  • Rague

OK, this is embarrassing,
    OK, this is embarrassing, but what I craved was that awful liver cheese that comes in the tube-like package. I think it was the salt.

And cokes helped settle my stomach. I thought I would dispense a coca cola and not a daughter...lol. Instead, we have a daughter who loves cokes and I can't get her to switch out for juice or something healthier. But she's nearly 30 and what can you do?!

Sandy (Hubby) actually loves
    Sandy (Hubby) actually loves that stuff. Apparently he grew up eating it so thinks it great - me No Way!
  • cinnamonsmile
    cinnamonsmile Member Posts: 1,187 Member
    i had hyperemesis so bad i
    i had hyperemesis so bad i was hospitalized like four times for it, then had to go daily for iv bags when state ins wouldnt pay for me to keep going to the hospital. but when i finally could eat, i like chicken sandwhiches from mcdonalds with extra mayo and extra pickles. one time my brother went to mcd's for me and i said tell them its for your pregnant sister and have them load on the pickles, and did they ever!! it was more like a pickle sandwhich with extra chicken, it was heavenly...
  • Rague

i had hyperemesis so bad i
    i had hyperemesis so bad i was hospitalized like four times for it, then had to go daily for iv bags when state ins wouldnt pay for me to keep going to the hospital. but when i finally could eat, i like chicken sandwhiches from mcdonalds with extra mayo and extra pickles. one time my brother went to mcd's for me and i said tell them its for your pregnant sister and have them load on the pickles, and did they ever!! it was more like a pickle sandwhich with extra chicken, it was heavenly...

BNB Pickle sandwitches with butter
    I hadn't even thought about them in years - Daddy loved them - he got Hubby eating them and then finally Sons.
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    Rague said:

BNB Pickle sandwitches with butter
    I hadn't even thought about them in years - Daddy loved them - he got Hubby eating them and then finally Sons.

With my first,
    I drank regular pepsi by the gallons (daily!) I had hyperemesis and with all three spent more time in the hospital during my 2nd, 3rd and 4th months than when I did when I delivered. With my 2nd I craved bean burritos, when I could finally eat. Those .99 ones from Taco Bell! With my 3rd, celery and hot chocolate! The Drs were just happy I could finally keep anything down. I sometimes wonder how I did it 3 times! Funny how all that goes away the very second you see their sweet faces and hold them!
  • BioAdoptMom
    BioAdoptMom Member Posts: 358
    Cravings can be so strange.
    Cravings can be so strange. With our first one night I had to have orange drink and french fries from McDonald's and with our second I had a craving for pineapples and cheese. Weird.

Nancy
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member

Cravings can be so strange.
    Cravings can be so strange. With our first one night I had to have orange drink and french fries from McDonald's and with our second I had a craving for pineapples and cheese. Weird.

Nancy

I had healthy cravings
    Fruits, and vegetables, couldn't get enough. I also was more energetic when I was pregnant.
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    With my first it was Chinese
    With my first it was Chinese Food, and 2nd it was Mexican food.
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    camul said:

With my first it was Chinese
    With my first it was Chinese Food, and 2nd it was Mexican food.

Different food with each baby
    With my first I craved cherry lime Dr Pepper & plums, with my second I craved watermelon and chinese food, and with my third I craved beef sticks and mountain dew.
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544

Different food with each baby
    With my first I craved cherry lime Dr Pepper & plums, with my second I craved watermelon and chinese food, and with my third I craved beef sticks and mountain dew.

cravings
    raw Bisquick mix with nuts--yuck! "the baby" is now 41; I do not think he would like the raw Bisquick, but I have never asked.
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Tux said:

cravings
    raw Bisquick mix with nuts--yuck! "the baby" is now 41; I do not think he would like the raw Bisquick, but I have never asked.

Jelly Beans
    With my first it was Jelly Beans. I can't even begin to imagine how many bags I ate. Still love them to this day. Didn't really have any cravings with my second, but had just a touch of morning sickness - drinking a few sips of coffee helped.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    debi.18 said:

Jelly Beans
    With my first it was Jelly Beans. I can't even begin to imagine how many bags I ate. Still love them to this day. Didn't really have any cravings with my second, but had just a touch of morning sickness - drinking a few sips of coffee helped.

jello...hated sweets and
    jello...hated sweets and marinara sauce. My friend used to drink jars of pickle juice.