Co-worker - need to vent a bit

Options
2»

Comments

• sharpy102
    sharpy102 Member Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    @Sfan428: Although I understand where you are coming from, but...I still feel it was a bit of "out of thinking reaction". My dad used to tell me when I was little that count to three and if you still think it is worth saying then say it. Although, your co-worker definitely didn't think until to three, neither did you. Don't take me wrong please, I understand how it can come out when someone leaves you a note how you get away with things so easily. She should've indicated to you at the first place that this is just a sour joke, no intention of hurting you, or insulting you in any way. On the other hand, I would've not replied what you replied...it's way too harsh. Maybe you could have asked why she wrote what she wrote. Probably you would've found out pretty quickly whether she was just joking, or not, and probably that way she would've realized that maybe this is a joke that is not funny at all. Anyway, if I were you, I would go up to her and say sorry for my response, and tell her that this is a very sensitive subject of yours; you cannot explain how painful and crap it is to go through chemo, and you just overreacted of her message. She'll probably do the same (if she is normal) and tell you that she is sorry for her comment, she really wasn't thinking it through and you had every right to "snap back" the way you did; it makes sense. Hm? I know, easier said than done...but...I'm very much the opposite...I really avoid conflicts even if it means personal sacrifice. I just avoid them and try to always stay "on ground" and resolve the differences I may have, or someone may have created...
    Best of luck to you! And congratulations on finishing off Avastin and Folfox. I really hope this also going to be shown by your PET/MRI scan how the tumors died back! Best to you!
    Your friend,
    Sophie