Options
2»

Comments

• sparky51
    sparky51 Member Posts: 37
    Options
    csr771 said:

IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU!
    Sparky, it's all about you! I agree with the posters that say "GET NEW DOCTORS." It is easy to get burned out. It is physically/mentally/emototionally stressful to have health issues. One of the things I prayed for as I started this journey was competent and caring health professionals from the surgeons to nursing assistants. As patients, we are dependent on medical people. We have to trust that they are knowledgeable and will do what is in the best interest of the patient. This doesn't always happen. We have to fight for ourselves and if we are too weak to do it, then someone has to do it for us. Don't give up---get busy finding yourself competent healthcare professionals. To me, neither doctor is proactive and you are the one that is suffering.

Thanks so much everyone. My
    Thanks so much everyone. My older sister is going to come with me. I'm also going to have my best friend come with me. She's really angry about what's been going on. If I ever treated a patient the way these drs have treated me I wouldn't have a job.

In most provinces it's very hard to get a dr disciplined. It's the nurses that are disciplined....
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    Definitely I agree to change
    Definitely I agree to change docs! But one thing I have found to be helpful is getting a copy of all my test results and reading them and learning about them. I never realized how hard it was going to be to advocate for myself when I was feeling physically and emotionally down and have as much told my docs that I needed them to advocate for me. But still there is no one like yourself. I hope things turn around for you and you get the tx you deserve.
    hugs
    jan