Done with Treatment...:) WAHOO !!! And lost job (:

Options
2»

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options

You did it! Kudos to you for
    You did it! Kudos to you for finishing tx!!! Sorry about the job loss, but you will find something when the time is right. Go celebrate-you deserve it!!!\

Be Well,
    Dianne

Crossing finish line
    Congratulation !!! Sorry for the jib, it did happened to me too 2 years ago.On my first day ""free of treatment" I lost my job. I took 6 months off to full recovery, and about 6 months to find my new job.
    Good luck,
    New Flower
  • joannstar
    joannstar Member Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Ticky said:

I think the idea of our BC
    I think the idea of our BC sister is a good idea to apply for soc sec dis asap. Preferably through the social services dept at your hospital. She got it right away that way and surprisingly a hefty retroactive payment and never had to work again.

Also I would definetaly start now with the temp market. It seems to be the trend for hiring.
    Ask for a Temp to hire position. Once you are in the door it is easier to land the position as a full time employee. It is sad but true, you will have to down play your battle with cancer while you are on the temp job if you hope to get put on full time. Some people who have not been where we are just don't understand.

Hugs

Ticky

Not eligible for SSD
    because I am not disabled...Stage 1 is a hard sell, but that you for the suggestions. I will probably go onto my husband's insurance since his open enrollment is May. At this point I don't know when the job will end but I hope to find out soon. I am telling everyone I know about losing my job and am hopeful that something will appear if I trust in God. I will also apply for unemployment as soon as I am able.
    I know that I will land on my feet--I didn't go through all this for nothing!
    Hugs,
    JoAnn
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    tufi000 said:

SSD?
    Apply for soc sec dis asap. Preferably through the social services dept at your hospital. I got it right away that way and surprisingly a hefty retroactive payment and never had to work again. With your DX you could probably stay on it forever.

Congrats rad grad and good
    Congrats rad grad and good luck job hunting.

Hugs, Diane
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Congrats fellow floridian. I
    Congrats fellow floridian. I lost my job too because the dentist I worked for sold his practice. I wish you the very best with your recovery and search for your new job. Take advantage of any time off to regroup, heal, and regain some energy. You sound very positive and yes I do believe that when one door closes another always opens.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options

Cobra
    please make sure keeping your insurance or Cobra.

cobra
    NOT SURE IF the same in every state..but IN NYS it's crazy HIGH cost...
  • JoAnn4818
    JoAnn4818 Member Posts: 83
    Options
    I'm so happy you're done!!!
    JoAnn,

I always look for your posts because you're just a few steps ahead of me in your treatment! Now, you did it!!! I'm so happy for you. Enjoy!

I know the right job will come along too.

JoAnn
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    joannstar said:

Not eligible for SSD
    because I am not disabled...Stage 1 is a hard sell, but that you for the suggestions. I will probably go onto my husband's insurance since his open enrollment is May. At this point I don't know when the job will end but I hope to find out soon. I am telling everyone I know about losing my job and am hopeful that something will appear if I trust in God. I will also apply for unemployment as soon as I am able.
    I know that I will land on my feet--I didn't go through all this for nothing!
    Hugs,
    JoAnn

Try to stay positive JoAnn.
    Try to stay positive JoAnn. I know it is hard right now, but, please try.

You know the pink sisters are all praying for you and rooting for you.

Hugs, Diane
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

JoAnn
    with your positive outlook you're sure to land another job. Celebrate that you've finished treatment. I too have very short white hair and am overweight. I have a plan to do something about that! Wishing you success.
    {{hugs}} Char

Congrats on finishing your
    Congrats on finishing your treatment. Crossing fingers and toes that you find a new job quickly.

Hugs, Leeza