New info on Linda's Jim

Options
linda1120
linda1120 Member Posts: 389
I have been doing some research and have found a clinical trial for aortic valve replacement without open heart surgery. There is a trial in Seattle which is about five hours away from us. I had an immediate response to my inquiry, and a telephone call the next morning from the nurse in charge. They want to wait until Jim has his 3 month catscan for his EC and then we will start the process to see if he qualifies. You must have severe aortic valve stenosis and be too weak to survive open heart surgery. Jim's cardiologist told us his is severe and he wouldn't survive the surgery at this point. This procedure will not be available for a couple of years and Jim cannot wait that long. Mr. Google is pretty amazing!!! When we get this valve replaced I will have a "new" man! Please keep us in your prayers.

Linda
p.s. Jim is eating more and doing better and weaning off of the feeding tube.

Comments

• spensir
    spensir Member Posts: 44
    Options
    Linda I am so happy for you.
    Linda I am so happy for you. My prayers are there for you. We live about 30 minutes from Seattle. We are going thru alot now with John and Hospice care but he got all his care in Seattle.

John is still doing a great job of holding his own. Still eats pretty well and keeps hydrated on his own. Our best friend has been here with us for a month helping me and the whole family with the care. God provited us with such a gift when he put her in our lives.

Linda I know you must feel such hope right now. I hope there is something I can do to help you when you make the trek to Seattle. Keep in touch and prayers. Shirley
  • K_ann1015
    K_ann1015 Member Posts: 500
    Options
    HOPE
    Linda,
    That is great that you were able to find an option! HOPE can make the day seem a little sunny even when it's not! Wow 1 day at a time... You & your husband will cont to be in my prayers...
    take care
    Kim
  • BMGky
    BMGky Member Posts: 621
    Options
    Hope the 3 months scan lets
    Hope the 3 months scan lets you move forward with his care. They can do wonders with the heart in so many instances. My sister had a heart transplant nearly 15 years ago and is still doing great in her 70's. Good Luck!
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    What GREAT News!
    I'll be praying everything turns out for him to be a candidate! So happy that he his eating better and being weaned off the feeding tube!

For as much as some poo-poo the internet, it does have some priceless value! It always surprises me when we lay people find out information that doctor's don't even know!! I'd think that doctor's would know what's going on with research and be tied into clinical trials more than they are!! Ugh. Well, I guess the important part is that you found out about it and are able to explore ALL your options! AMEN!!

Blessings,
    Sally
  • sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    Options
    So Happy for the new hope,
    So Happy for the new hope, Praying all will be ok in three months to move ahead.
    Prayers are with you and Jim,
    Sandra