Relay for life question....

Options
Katz77
Katz77 Member Posts: 598
How do we find a contact person to set up a booth for the relay in my county? Do we even need one? How do we get started? Our relay is in july, so we have time. Any info greatly appreciated. Katz

Comments

• Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Options
    Not a team captian, but
    I have walked for several years in the local one. Last year it became really personal. I think that the ACS can tell you who to get in touch with in your area. The area I am in has several small towns that combine efforts and have one big event. There is a chairperson who is incharge usually. Hope this helps. God Bless
    (((hugs))) Janice
  • rainbow4
    rainbow4 Member Posts: 137
    Options
    disgur said:
    RFL contacts
    If you go to relayforlife.org/ (and the name of your town or county), it should bring up the first page. Or relayforlife.org and enter your zip code in the box at the top of the page, it should work.
    -rainbow4
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    disgur said:
    My area
    It just happened for me.I did low cost spay neuter clincs in my area for years.A lady called to get her cat fixed.As we talked she said she was a breast cancer survivor.18 years.WOW.I told her about myself.She told me to get involved in Relay for Life.She got in touch with the person in charge for the Relay. I got the info.Since last year was my first year I didn't have a booth.She told me to wait several years before having a booth.She has one but I am only going to walk.

I also was asked last yaer to model for a style show.Couldn't but she mentioned this year.

I like doing the relays.Only did one but it was so much fun.

Lynn Smith

Lynn Smith
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

Not a team captian, but
    I have walked for several years in the local one. Last year it became really personal. I think that the ACS can tell you who to get in touch with in your area. The area I am in has several small towns that combine efforts and have one big event. There is a chairperson who is incharge usually. Hope this helps. God Bless
    (((hugs))) Janice

Contact the American Cancer
    Contact the American Cancer Society. There is a toll free number on this site. You should have a local chapter in your area.

Good luck,

Angie