Rad Grad!

Options
skipper54
skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
Just finished 33 rads today! After 8 rounds of chemo, mastectomy, and rads I have a clear PET scan and am set to party and pamper. Going out for a special dinner and palnning a spa weekend away. I wouldn't have wished for this journey but my pink sisters have carried me through and hopefully I have encouraged some others along the way. I start Famara today if anyone wants to share what to expect from that. To all those who have alread won, thanks for the support. For those in the process, keep fighting. You can win!

Comments

• Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    You party girl! Congrats
    You party girl! Congrats Skipper!

Hugs, Megan
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    spa for day nice
    My girls got my certificate to spa...for xmas while doing radiation...but I saved it for the end of treatment as special time for me...very nice...

My last day of Rad...is the day I remember the most...

Denise
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Woo hoo!
    Congratulations on being a Rad Grad! I know you are happy. Enjoy your dinner and celebration! I've been on Femara since December 1. Make sure you go to femara.com and print out the coupon. You will pay only $10.00. This has been a great savings for me. I have prescription insurance and without the coupon it would have still been $135.00 for me. I haven't had any real problems. I do have achy knees. My onc seems it may be the combination of Femara and the Herceptin. I finish Herceptin in June and hope the aches go away.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Skipper
    Yipppeee!!! Congratulations on being a Rad Grad and also dancing with NED!! You deserve a special celebration-enjoy!
    ♥ Cat
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Options
    Cat64 said:

Skipper
    Yipppeee!!! Congratulations on being a Rad Grad and also dancing with NED!! You deserve a special celebration-enjoy!
    ♥ Cat

Yea!!
    Congratulations on being a rad grad and having a clear PET!! Enjoy your evening and your get away weekend!! God Bless
    (((hugs))) Janice
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

Yea!!
    Congratulations on being a rad grad and having a clear PET!! Enjoy your evening and your get away weekend!! God Bless
    (((hugs))) Janice

Congrats!
    Wonderful feeling isn't it? Pat yourself on the back..job well done! You've been through so much as we all have...now get your energy back and start enjoying life again!
    Hugs
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

Congrats!
    Wonderful feeling isn't it? Pat yourself on the back..job well done! You've been through so much as we all have...now get your energy back and start enjoying life again!
    Hugs

Hip Hip Hooray! It's amazing what we can accomplish with
    a little help from our friends, Sisters in PINK. At the beginning of our breast cancer journey, every step, every procedure is overwhelming. Some days it difficult to know how we can go on, let alone face another surgery. So Kudos to you, for crossing that finish line.

Job well done .. Now go out and enjoy the week=end, and celebrate.

Strength, Courage and Joy.

Vicki Sam
  • mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Congrats Skipper54
    I know you'll be lost now not having to go anywhere everyday, I'm coming around the corner behind you next week will be my last oh my I'm planning the same thing go somewhere for a special meal I've already picked it out It's a hour ride from my house but that's OK. we are going to W I N this journey. MOLLYZ
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    time for the HAPPY Dance...

time for the HAPPY Dance...
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Skipper
    congratulations on finishing rads! Awesome - now on to whatever is a new normal.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Woo hoo!
    Congratulations on being a Rad Grad! I know you are happy. Enjoy your dinner and celebration! I've been on Femara since December 1. Make sure you go to femara.com and print out the coupon. You will pay only $10.00. This has been a great savings for me. I have prescription insurance and without the coupon it would have still been $135.00 for me. I haven't had any real problems. I do have achy knees. My onc seems it may be the combination of Femara and the Herceptin. I finish Herceptin in June and hope the aches go away.

xoxo,
    Jean

Congrats rad grad!

Congrats rad grad!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Hip Hip Hooray! It's amazing what we can accomplish with
    a little help from our friends, Sisters in PINK. At the beginning of our breast cancer journey, every step, every procedure is overwhelming. Some days it difficult to know how we can go on, let alone face another surgery. So Kudos to you, for crossing that finish line.

Job well done .. Now go out and enjoy the week=end, and celebrate.

Strength, Courage and Joy.

Vicki Sam

Congratulations
    Congratulations Skipper!

Hugs, Debby
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Wooooho
    Congrats on your graduation from rads. Enjoy your treats
    you deserve them! 33 rads, that's no small deed.

Lotsa Hugs,
    Ayse
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Congratulations!! Do some
    Congratulations!! Do some celebrating because that is a big step.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Congratulations!! Do some
    Congratulations!! Do some celebrating because that is a big step.

Congrats on completing rads!
    Congrats on completing rads! Very happy for you!

Hugs, Leeza
  • Hippiechick58
    Hippiechick58 Member Posts: 320
    Options
    jnl said:

Congrats on completing rads!
    Congrats on completing rads! Very happy for you!

Hugs, Leeza

Congratulations on being a
    Congratulations on being a Rad Grad! Now go enjoy life to the fullest!

Be Well,
    Dianne
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Skipper,
    What a great day! What a wonderful accomplishment! You did IT! Congratulations.

Sue
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Skipper,
    What a great day! What a wonderful accomplishment! You did IT! Congratulations.

Sue

WOOHOO! Big congratulations
    WOOHOO! Big congratulations Skipper! Enjoy your free time now!

Sue :)
  • BioAdoptMom
    BioAdoptMom Member Posts: 358
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS and have a
    CONGRATULATIONS and have a blast on your spa weekend! You deserve no less!

Nancy
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Options
    Congrats
    on being a Rad Grad! Enjoy your spa weekend and getting started on life after treatment. I have been on Femara since Sept. 2010 and do not have any problems with it so far.

Hugs,
    Georgia