lumpectomy and return to work

laughs_a_lot
laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
Ladies, I return to work next week. Naturally I am a bit lopsided. Though I don't feel the need for an outright prostesis I am hoping to use something to even things out a bit. I generally wear a sports bra. I also have to consider the fact that lymph nodes were removed so I need to minimize pressure on the breast. Any ideas? I was thinking of tailoring a sponge for the indentation.

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    lop sided from Lumpectomy
    I am small breasted...but still mis-shaped to say the least...but I got a padded bra from Victoria's secret....and can't tell...(I DON'T THINK)

It is comfortable..no lace etc for itchey feeling etc...
  • 1acme
    1acme Member Posts: 77

lop sided from Lumpectomy
    I am small breasted...but still mis-shaped to say the least...but I got a padded bra from Victoria's secret....and can't tell...(I DON'T THINK)

It is comfortable..no lace etc for itchey feeling etc...

depens ?
    Well I think that it depends "Where" did you had your lumpectomy.

I had my lump removed under my nipple, so even after the surgery shape is fine and size is almost the same.

I wear only camies (with lycra) and nobody could tell that I had operation done.

When my not-so-good fellows hear a bit talking, I will tell them that I had my boobs done and it usually stop asking Qs and stop staring on me with that petty look :o)
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    another thought
    Yeah I had this on the upper right side of my right breast above the nipple. The nipple is pulled up, but I don't think that this will be a problem since I don't wear sheer clothing anyway. I think I am going to get some shoulder pads and try them with my sports bras prior to investing in a padded bra. But it is good to know that I could try the padded bra if the shoulder pads do not work out well. It is like having an oval shaped indent on the top of my breast. It's not too bad, but I want to even things up a bit.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    1acme said:

depens ?
    Well I think that it depends "Where" did you had your lumpectomy.

I had my lump removed under my nipple, so even after the surgery shape is fine and size is almost the same.

I wear only camies (with lycra) and nobody could tell that I had operation done.

When my not-so-good fellows hear a bit talking, I will tell them that I had my boobs done and it usually stop asking Qs and stop staring on me with that petty look :o)

There are specialty stores
    There are specialty stores here and one in my cancer center that sell bras for women with bc. They have padded ones or anything else you would want. A padded one would probably work great for you. Also, did you know your insurance will pay for, I think, 3 per year? Mine paid some, not all, but most.

Hugs, Debby