Blue the day before Chemo

Options
ennie__1
ennie__1 Member Posts: 32 Member
I have Chemo one day a week (on Tuesdays) every week for at least 6 mon. The day before Chemo (Monday) I am always so blue, I have to tell myself to get out of bed in the morning I cry off and on all day long over the stupidist thing. It takes a few moments and Im able to get things under controle and stop the tears, but I know it wont be long before they are flowing back. I am hugging any friend or family member that gets within arms reach and holds still long enough. luckly they understand monday for me. Am I alone in this or do others get this way the day before Chemo too.
also I found out my tumor markers went down again, less then 10% but down none the less, see I should be happy but I am stuck in a blue funk.

Comments

• skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    don't worry
    Don't worry, we all get down or did as we went through the chemo battle. I tried visualization before and with each treatment, like pac man of old just pictured those drugs eating up the cancer cells. I also went to my faith community and asked for prayer support and that helped a lot. I felt wrapped in prayers at each visit.
  • Katmy
    Katmy Member Posts: 93
    Options
    I have found that I am in a
    I have found that I am in a "blue funk" when I feel the worst and cannot do something to get my mind off of cancer. As my treatment continues and draws to a close, I find that my "funk" is controlled by matured/ metamorphosed emotions and fears. Just as I learn to deal with my crazy brain one treatment, I am met by something altogether different the next. I feel like I have to start at ground zero every time. That is exhausting. I wish I could turn my brain off for a few days.

I have also become "hugy" with people. It is my fear of leaving this earth.

I definitely see a pattern to my emotional roller coaster. Sounds like you do, too.

This is the longest disease that I have ever had to fight. The thought of fighting for a year is unfathomable.

Hope you feel better. My thoughts are with you on Sundays. May Spring bring about some relief for you.
  • anaumann
    anaumann Member Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    skipper54 said:

don't worry
    Don't worry, we all get down or did as we went through the chemo battle. I tried visualization before and with each treatment, like pac man of old just pictured those drugs eating up the cancer cells. I also went to my faith community and asked for prayer support and that helped a lot. I felt wrapped in prayers at each visit.

Me too. My treatments are
    Me too. My treatments are every three weeks and even though I start feeling physically better about five days before the next treatment, I start feeling down as the day gets closer. The anticipation of going downhill again and never knowing what new and annoying side effect will happen always gets to me. Sometimes I am pleasantly surprised with less problems. ann
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    sending hugs
    I did not have chemo..so I can't relate..but just to say thinking of you...

Denise
  • renee616
    renee616 Member Posts: 181
    Options
    I have chemo every three
    I have chemo every three weeks but my husband can tell when its about 2 days before. i get in a bad mood, usually cant sleep and end up in the recliner!
  • Cinkal
    Cinkal Member Posts: 161
    Options
    I just started the chemo
    I just started the chemo journey on Thursday. I go every two weeks for four months. Yours seems like such a longer journey. Although I have had minimal side effects so far, I am already not looking forward to the next one. Good luck on your next treatment.
  • ennie__1
    ennie__1 Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Cinkal said:

I just started the chemo
    I just started the chemo journey on Thursday. I go every two weeks for four months. Yours seems like such a longer journey. Although I have had minimal side effects so far, I am already not looking forward to the next one. Good luck on your next treatment.

Blue the day before Chemo
    Thank you all for your support, and advice. I will try to make Mondays better to deal with.