a bit scarred about starting radiation tomorrow

Options
2»

Comments

• skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Options

Thank you
    Thank you for asking. I am doing ok Just feeling a bit run down. The 60 mile round trip with two kids everyday is getting a bit hard and its only the 7th day. And to top it all off I maxed out my mileage reimbursement through the American cancer society. (I had no idea there was a cap). I am still getting red and my dr just says that it can't be the radiation (really?? I just have it in the radiation area) I did get some help from the nurse (she told me to put on special care cream by Bard) but I was upset that he just dismissed my issue as a rash. I only see him once a week and have heard the other dr there is worse at listening. I talked to my oncologist and she said that she saw the red and that he WILL slowdown if I stare getting too red and if he does not listen to me she will talk to him. Sorry I vented a bit :(

sorry
    SOrry to hear you're burning so early. With me it took until week 5 but the gal who had her treatment right after me started burning by the end of week 1. There must be differences in strength etc.

I really feel for you having to make that long drive, and with kids yet!

Sending you hugs and prayers for strength and a listening Dr.

Vent here any time you need to!!!!!
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options

Thank you
    Thank you for asking. I am doing ok Just feeling a bit run down. The 60 mile round trip with two kids everyday is getting a bit hard and its only the 7th day. And to top it all off I maxed out my mileage reimbursement through the American cancer society. (I had no idea there was a cap). I am still getting red and my dr just says that it can't be the radiation (really?? I just have it in the radiation area) I did get some help from the nurse (she told me to put on special care cream by Bard) but I was upset that he just dismissed my issue as a rash. I only see him once a week and have heard the other dr there is worse at listening. I talked to my oncologist and she said that she saw the red and that he WILL slowdown if I stare getting too red and if he does not listen to me she will talk to him. Sorry I vented a bit :(

wow long trip...
    sorry you have so much driving...I was fortunate to have 10 min drive each way from work...

I never knew there was such a thing for mileage reimbursment...sorry you capped out..

I HOPE the burn lessons...I did not have any burning, rash etc..but I can imagine ...like sunburn..

I"ll be checking back

Denise