Anti-Cancer Recipes?

Comments

• Rewriter
    Rewriter Member Posts: 493 Member
    Kaleena said:

Thank's Jill for reposting
    Thank's Jill for reposting Claudia's earlier post. It is a great source of information when preparing meals!

I hope you are having a fantastic day today! Still thinking SPRING!

Kathy

CLAUDIA, where are you?
    I may have been slow on the uptake, but I now crave all of the information that you have to share. I have either read or perused most of the books/articles/websites you have recommended and have returned to most of your diet-related postings. My philosophy is that if cancer grabbed hold, my body's environment was hospitable to it. Thus, if I don't change my body and mind through exercise, diet, PH balance, relaxation techniques, and pleasure, I might expect to see cancer again. If I DO change my mind/body, I am more in charge and can have much more HOPE that I have stopped cancer in its tracks.

Again, Claudia, thank you for all the information and encouragement you have shared. You have helped to change my life for the better. In addition, you have provided information that can save lives.

Kathy, I hope that the weather in PA in better than the gloominess we are currently having in Brooklyn, NY. Hope you are doing well.

Much love and good health to everyone.

Jill
  • california_artist
    california_artist Member Posts: 816 Member
    an update
    hey, glad someone knows what I'm doing. Thanks Jill.

About the teas, after doing more research, i don't believe that black tea is anything you should have because it is associated with greater chances of getting breast cancer, whereas green tea protects against it.

We have come a long, long way on this board. The take charge attitude that is so--prevelant here, just make my heart sing.

more and more, cancer treatment is focusing on the simple yet effect things that you can do to put your cancer back in its place.

the more patients go further away from being patients and thinking on their own, out of the box, the larger the box will have to become if doctors want any of our 'business' in the future.

We are all expanding and challenging the limits of that suffocating, and sometimes deadly current box size. one size does not fit all.

love you,

claudia

A few things, one is that my brain is not as good as it once was and i tend to forget the why of things. I focus on the end result. What i mean is i know that i should do certain things, but can not always put my finger on why they are good. i have hundreds of articles on all the research i've done. unfortuneately, in the beginning I was not very careful in putting the name of the article on the printed out pages (most of my articles are three-hole punched and in binders that I still curl up with at night. i would be happy to send a disk to one of you and then maybe that person could pass it on to another, and so on. i have neither the funds nor the continutity of thought to keep track of that sort of thing, but I would happy to send a cd to the first person who asks. if someone wants me to send them a copy, and would be willing to send a copy to the next person or, post the articles on line here one or two at a time that would be the best thing. I can't put anything on the computer from the library.

The other thing is most important of all in my mind, and that is that you need to grasp that it is very likely that some of the things you did allowed that cancer to get a hold and set up shop. If you take that thought as a truism, then it gives YOU THE POWER TO DO WHAT you must to put your body back into a nonhospitable state for cancer. You can, and should be in charge. it's not your fault, but it or could be your responsibility to discover those things that might have contributed to your getting cancer in the first place. I tend to attribute a great deal of the incidence of cancer to very poor nutritional quality or our food, in addition to things like chlorine in our water and pesticieds on our food, hormones and antibiotics in the meats.

here's the bottom line. The closer you can get to what you would have been surrounded with, in this country in the early 1800's, the healtier you'll become. Sans all the people and animals that might be trying to eat you for breakfast or just kill you in general.
    You know what I mean. organic foods, nothing added to the water, no industiral chemical in the air, natural cotton, no plastics anywhere, no preservatives.

i personally would love a little cabin in the woods where i could plant a garden and paint. Anybody have a spot for me??? I'm actually a lot of fun and a very good gardener.

and i'm not nearly as crazy as this particular comment makes me appear.
  • Rewriter

an update

About the teas, after doing more research, i don't believe that black tea is anything you should have because it is associated with greater chances of getting breast cancer, whereas green tea protects against it.

We have come a long, long way on this board. The take charge attitude that is so--prevelant here, just make my heart sing.

more and more, cancer treatment is focusing on the simple yet effect things that you can do to put your cancer back in its place.

the more patients go further away from being patients and thinking on their own, out of the box, the larger the box will have to become if doctors want any of our 'business' in the future.

We are all expanding and challenging the limits of that suffocating, and sometimes deadly current box size. one size does not fit all.

love you,

claudia

A few things, one is that my brain is not as good as it once was and i tend to forget the why of things. I focus on the end result. What i mean is i know that i should do certain things, but can not always put my finger on why they are good. i have hundreds of articles on all the research i've done. unfortuneately, in the beginning I was not very careful in putting the name of the article on the printed out pages (most of my articles are three-hole punched and in binders that I still curl up with at night. i would be happy to send a disk to one of you and then maybe that person could pass it on to another, and so on. i have neither the funds nor the continutity of thought to keep track of that sort of thing, but I would happy to send a cd to the first person who asks. if someone wants me to send them a copy, and would be willing to send a copy to the next person or, post the articles on line here one or two at a time that would be the best thing. I can't put anything on the computer from the library.

The other thing is most important of all in my mind, and that is that you need to grasp that it is very likely that some of the things you did allowed that cancer to get a hold and set up shop. If you take that thought as a truism, then it gives YOU THE POWER TO DO WHAT you must to put your body back into a nonhospitable state for cancer. You can, and should be in charge. it's not your fault, but it or could be your responsibility to discover those things that might have contributed to your getting cancer in the first place. I tend to attribute a great deal of the incidence of cancer to very poor nutritional quality or our food, in addition to things like chlorine in our water and pesticieds on our food, hormones and antibiotics in the meats.

here's the bottom line. The closer you can get to what you would have been surrounded with, in this country in the early 1800's, the healtier you'll become. Sans all the people and animals that might be trying to eat you for breakfast or just kill you in general.
    You know what I mean. organic foods, nothing added to the water, no industiral chemical in the air, natural cotton, no plastics anywhere, no preservatives.

i personally would love a little cabin in the woods where i could plant a garden and paint. Anybody have a spot for me??? I'm actually a lot of fun and a very good gardener.

So, so happy to hear from you, Claudia
    It makes MY heart sing when you come here for a visit. I am sorry that you have had a bit of agoraphobia, but maybe your itchiness to get out today is a good sign. It led to a few new posts from you, so I'm smiling.

What you said about getting back to what our food might have been like in the 1800s is something that I am taking to heart. About 90 percent of the food I eat I cook myself from fresh and/or dried beans, grains, and vegetables. I have not used a microwave in years; I replaced all of my plastic containers with glass; and I buy mostly organic food from organic farmers that come to our area a few times a week.

Thank you, thank you for everything. You have had a huge impact on my feeling absolutely empowered.

Love,

Jill
  • Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member

an update

love you,

claudia

Claudia & Jill
    Claudia:

I am so glad you came out of your house to post! I am glad Jill asked about you because I was thinking about you. I love to read your posts.

If you ever find a cabin in the woods that is free from all the chemicals and stuff let me know! It sounds beautiful.

I get sick seeing many of the lovely streams in my area polluted. Although it is a lot better now than it used to be. At least they are now hard on companies that drain into the waterways. I live in an area where there are mines and mining processes. They also are trying to get people to allow them to drill for gas wells under your property. It is a big fight.

Oh, just heard on the news that talc can raise risk for cancer. Another one to add to the list.

Jill:

Thanks again for you keeping us informed. I really appreciate it.

Its another wet, dreary day here in Pennsylvania. I am water-logged! But the daffodils are starting to bloom, I see the tulips coming up. Its another great reason to smile. Is that a lilac tree I see in your picture?

I have been in one of my "bad hair day" mode. Must be the weather! Just got my hair cut, so now I feel better.

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.

Kathy
  • california_artist
    california_artist Member Posts: 816 Member
    jill
    Ah, by the time I logged in and got back here I plum forgot what i was going to say. So, ah??? have a wonderful day.
  • Rewriter

jill
    Ah, by the time I logged in and got back here I plum forgot what i was going to say. So, ah??? have a wonderful day.

Puppies, Cherry Blossoms, and Cucumber Soup
    We just had a thunderstorm that caused my puppy (Ms. Trixie Delight--actually, she is eight and has grey on her muzzle, just like me) to shake in my arms. Poor thing.

Karen, that is a cherry tree in my profile photo; I think the blossoms should arrive in about a month. Our neighborhood is full of blooming forsythia bushes, magnolia trees, and all kinds of flowers. In a month or so, everyone realizes why this is Carroll GARDENS, Brooklyn.

Claudia, when you remember, I'm here...

RECIPE FOR COLD CUCUMBER SOUP

This soup has two highly alkaline ingredients: cucumbers and buttermilk. It's easy to make, and refreshing on a hot day.

INGREDIENTS
    1 small clove garlic, crushed and peeled
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    4 cups peeled, seeded and chopped cucumbers (about 3 cucumbers), divided
    1 1/2 cups buttermilk
    1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
    1 tablespoon red wine vinegar (I'm going to substitute apple cider vinegar)
    2 ice cubes
    Freshly ground pepper to taste

1. Place garlic clove on a cutting board and sprinkle with salt. Mash with the side of a knife into a smooth paste. Transfer to a blender.

2. Reserving 1/2 cup of cucumbers for garnish, add the remaining cucumbers to the blender along with buttermilk, mint leaves, vinegar and ice cubes; blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and garnish with the reserved cucumbers and mint sprigs.
  • kkstef
    kkstef Member Posts: 688 Member
    Rewriter said:

Puppies, Cherry Blossoms, and Cucumber Soup
    We just had a thunderstorm that caused my puppy (Ms. Trixie Delight--actually, she is eight and has grey on her muzzle, just like me) to shake in my arms. Poor thing.

Karen, that is a cherry tree in my profile photo; I think the blossoms should arrive in about a month. Our neighborhood is full of blooming forsythia bushes, magnolia trees, and all kinds of flowers. In a month or so, everyone realizes why this is Carroll GARDENS, Brooklyn.

Claudia, when you remember, I'm here...

RECIPE FOR COLD CUCUMBER SOUP

This soup has two highly alkaline ingredients: cucumbers and buttermilk. It's easy to make, and refreshing on a hot day.

INGREDIENTS
    1 small clove garlic, crushed and peeled
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    4 cups peeled, seeded and chopped cucumbers (about 3 cucumbers), divided
    1 1/2 cups buttermilk
    1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
    1 tablespoon red wine vinegar (I'm going to substitute apple cider vinegar)
    2 ice cubes
    Freshly ground pepper to taste

1. Place garlic clove on a cutting board and sprinkle with salt. Mash with the side of a knife into a smooth paste. Transfer to a blender.

2. Reserving 1/2 cup of cucumbers for garnish, add the remaining cucumbers to the blender along with buttermilk, mint leaves, vinegar and ice cubes; blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and garnish with the reserved cucumbers and mint sprigs.

Yum!
    Jill,

Thanks for sharing the cucumber soup....I have been looking for a good one! Can hardly wait for the farmer's markets to open. I long for FRESH LOCAL vegetables and berries!

Forsythia, Magnolias, Apple and red buds blooming here...and my lilacs are just opening! Oh how I love Spring and the beauty that surrounds us!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Karen
  • Rewriter
    kkstef said:

Yum!
    Jill,

Thanks for sharing the cucumber soup....I have been looking for a good one! Can hardly wait for the farmer's markets to open. I long for FRESH LOCAL vegetables and berries!

Forsythia, Magnolias, Apple and red buds blooming here...and my lilacs are just opening! Oh how I love Spring and the beauty that surrounds us!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Karen

Lilacs!!!
    These are my favorite bushes/trees! When I am walking through my neighborhood, I always stop to smell the lilacs; and the smell sends me to a different dimension. Sometime in May, the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens has a lilac festival, with row after row of the bushes. There is also a cherry blossom festival, which is also gorgeous.

A small farmers market comes to my neighborhood on Sundays. We are now getting plenty of kale and swiss chard. Does anyone else find big salads of raw kale and other greens to be hard on their system? I eat so much fiber and raw foods in the course of my day that I sometimes need to stay close to home (if you know what I mean).

My wish for everyone here is that spring creates joy, optimism, and a healing of spirit. I hold you all in my heart.

Love,

Jill
  • Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Rewriter said:

Lilacs!!!
    These are my favorite bushes/trees! When I am walking through my neighborhood, I always stop to smell the lilacs; and the smell sends me to a different dimension. Sometime in May, the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens has a lilac festival, with row after row of the bushes. There is also a cherry blossom festival, which is also gorgeous.

A small farmers market comes to my neighborhood on Sundays. We are now getting plenty of kale and swiss chard. Does anyone else find big salads of raw kale and other greens to be hard on their system? I eat so much fiber and raw foods in the course of my day that I sometimes need to stay close to home (if you know what I mean).

My wish for everyone here is that spring creates joy, optimism, and a healing of spirit. I hold you all in my heart.

Love,

Jill

I love all the fresh fruits
    I love all the fresh fruits and stuff and yes, it is sometimes hard on the system.

Thanks Jill for sharing that yummy cucumber soup! I hope your puppy is doing better. We are finally supposed to have sun tomorrow! The grass is getting so green now and the buds are all blooming. It just makes you smile. :]

Kathy
  • Rewriter
    Kaleena said:

I love all the fresh fruits
    I love all the fresh fruits and stuff and yes, it is sometimes hard on the system.

Thanks Jill for sharing that yummy cucumber soup! I hope your puppy is doing better. We are finally supposed to have sun tomorrow! The grass is getting so green now and the buds are all blooming. It just makes you smile. :]

Kathy

Yay, some sun is predicted here, too
    Kathy--That was a comment to YOU about the cherry tree in my photo; I typed the wrong name. I'm glad that the flowers and green grass are making you smile. All of us could use more of those.

Thank you for asking about my dog. She is just fine today, although she has moments of pretending to be scared so that I give her extra treats. She and I both need some good walks, having gained a bit of weight during these cold months. Yes, it is possible to be an overweight vegetarian!

I hope you are doing well.

Jill
  • Rewriter
    kkstef said:

Chickpea and Tomato Curry
    I love seeing all of the new recipes. I am always trying to find more tasty vegetarian recipes.

You might be interested in this one as it full of good things...ginger, garlic, curry/turmeric:

Chickpea and Tomato Curry

1 tbsp. olive oil
    1 medium chopped onion
    3 cloves of garlic, minced
    1 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
    1 tbsp. curry powder
    2 (15 oz) cans rinsed chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
    2 (14.5 oz)cans of undrained regular fire roasted diced tomatoes (Muir glen)
    1/2 c. chopped fresh cilantro or Italian Parsley
    1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
    1/2 tsp. coarse salt
    Plain yogurt for garnish - optional

Heat oil in a Dutch oven on medium. Add onion, garlic, ginger and curry powder; cook 5 minutes or until the onions are softened. Stir in chickpeas and tomatoes. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat: simmer uncovered 15 minutes, stirring ocasionally. Stir in cilantro, lemon juice and salt.

Although there is turmeric in curry powder, I add some turmeric for good measure! I like to serve this with a side of couscous or quinoa.

This makes a large amount so you have lots of left overs.

Karen

Thank you for the curry recipe
    Hi, Karen--

I finally made the chickpea and tomato curry, and it was a huge hit! Although I made a giant pot of it, this delicious dish did not last long. I bought some curry, fresh ginger root, and fresh turmeric root at an Indian spice shop. I'm not sure if WHERE I bought the spices made a difference, but this is a dish I will make again and again. Thank you.

Jill
  • kkstef
    Rewriter said:

Thank you for the curry recipe
    Hi, Karen--

I finally made the chickpea and tomato curry, and it was a huge hit! Although I made a giant pot of it, this delicious dish did not last long. I bought some curry, fresh ginger root, and fresh turmeric root at an Indian spice shop. I'm not sure if WHERE I bought the spices made a difference, but this is a dish I will make again and again. Thank you.

Jill

Glad you liked it
    Hi Jill....I like having a dish that provides several meals! I really do think that FRESH spices make a big difference. I am curious, did increase the amount of fresh spices? Usually for herbs they say use 3 times the amount of herb if it is fresh as the dried is more potent. I wondered if that applies to fresh turmeric root too? I just found that our Whole Foods has fresh turmeric root so want to get some and give that a try.

Keep cooking!

Karen
  • Rewriter
    kkstef said:

Glad you liked it
    Hi Jill....I like having a dish that provides several meals! I really do think that FRESH spices make a big difference. I am curious, did increase the amount of fresh spices? Usually for herbs they say use 3 times the amount of herb if it is fresh as the dried is more potent. I wondered if that applies to fresh turmeric root too? I just found that our Whole Foods has fresh turmeric root so want to get some and give that a try.

Keep cooking!

Karen

Fresh vs. dried herbs
    Hi, Karen--

I'm not really good at following exact amounts of spices; I just add enough so that the dish tastes the way I like. For two cans of chick peas and one can of Muir organic fire-roasted tomatoes, I chopped one thumb sized root of ginger and the same amount of turmeric root and then used about two tablespoons of Indian curry powder. I also added a bit of dried turmeric because the fresh did not seem to be enough.

I forgot to mention that I added cubes of baked organic yam to the curry. This made the whole dish delicious.

I'd love some more of your recipes if you'd care to share them.

Regards,

Jill
  • kkstef
    Rewriter said:

Fresh vs. dried herbs
    Hi, Karen--

I'm not really good at following exact amounts of spices; I just add enough so that the dish tastes the way I like. For two cans of chick peas and one can of Muir organic fire-roasted tomatoes, I chopped one thumb sized root of ginger and the same amount of turmeric root and then used about two tablespoons of Indian curry powder. I also added a bit of dried turmeric because the fresh did not seem to be enough.

I forgot to mention that I added cubes of baked organic yam to the curry. This made the whole dish delicious.

I'd love some more of your recipes if you'd care to share them.

Regards,

Jill

Good suggestion
    Jill....the addition of a cubed yam sounds delicious! I will add that change to my recipe!As recipes come to mind I will post....

One thing about this recipe....the house smells like an Indian spice shop for a day or two!

Karen
  • kkstef
    Rewriter said:

Lilacs!!!

Love,

Jill

Sweet Potato Burritos
    Here is one you might like:

Sweet Potato Burritos

I freeze the extra's and then just heat up whenever I want one.

1 1/2 tsp. vegetable oil
    1/2 onion, chopped
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 jalapeno pepper, minced
    2 cans black beans, drained (or 1 can Great Northern and 1 can black ..can also use kidney beans)
    1 c.corn, frozen, canned or cut off the cob fresh)
    1/2 to 1 c. broth (or water)
    1 1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
    1 tsp. ground cumin
    1 tsp. turmeric (or more)
    2 tsp. prepared mustard
    1/4 tsp (or more if you like things hotter) red pepper flakes or use some cayenne pepper
    1 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
    6 (10 inch) flour tortillas warmed
    2 c. baked mashed sweet potatoes,mashed (2 small-medium potatoes)
    4 oz. shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions:
    1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees
    2.Heat oil in medium skillet, and sauté onion, jalapeno pepper and garlic until soft.
    3.Stir in beans and mash SLIGHTLY (don’t want them mushy). Gradually add broth (can add more broth or water if too thick), and warm.
    4.Stir in chili powder, cumin, turmeric, mustard, pepper flakes and soy sauce.
    5.Stir in the mashed sweet potatoes. Heat through.
    6.Divide mixture evenly between the warm flour tortillas. Top with cheese. Fold up burrito style and place on a baking sheet.

Bake for 15 minutes in preheated oven, and serve with a dollop of yogurt or sour cream

Enjoy!
    Karen
  • Rewriter
    kkstef said:

Sweet Potato Burritos

Sweet Potato Burritos

1 1/2 tsp. vegetable oil
    1/2 onion, chopped
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    2 cans black beans, drained (or 1 can Great Northern and 1 can black ..can also use kidney beans)
    1 1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
    1 tsp. ground cumin
    2 tsp. prepared mustard
    1/4 tsp (or more if you like things hotter) red pepper flakes or use some cayenne pepper
    1 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce

Directions:
    2.Heat oil in medium skillet, and sauté onion, jalapeno pepper and garlic until soft.
    3.Stir in beans and mash SLIGHTLY (don’t want them mushy). Gradually add broth (can add more broth or water if too thick), and warm.
    6.Divide mixture evenly between the warm flour tortillas. Top with cheese. Fold up burrito style and place on a baking sheet.

Bake for 15 minutes in preheated oven, and serve with a dollop of yogurt or sour cream

Enjoy!
    Karen

Karen--I LOVE healthy Mexican food, and this recipe sounds delicious. Do you think the taste would suffer if I omitted the soy sauce? I try to stay away from all of that sodium, and I really don't care for the flavor. I even eat sushi with just the wasabi.

Yesterday, I made a big pot of quinoa, lentil, and vegetable stew. I cooked the quinoa and lentils while oven roasting some yams and onions covered in Hungarian paprika and olive oil. When both were cooked, I combined them in a pot on the stovetop, added Muir organic fire roasted tomatoes and some shredded Swiss chard, and topped it with lots of turmeric and freshly ground black pepper. I then cooked it for about 20 minutes, letting the flavors blend and the chard wilt. My company said the meal was delicious. This is something I make all of the time and will now be a staple of my diet along with the chick pea and tomato curry.

Have you ever tried a raw kale salad with lemon juice and parmesan cheese? The cheese is heavily acidic, but I think it's balanced out by the kale and lemon. This dish is fantastic and extremely high in fiber. Someone told me that kale is considered the broom of the system.

Thanks so much for another fantastic-sounding recipe. Keep them coming!

Jill

P.S. What do you think about swapping the flour tortillas for ones made of corn?
  • Rewriter
    kkstef said:

Sweet Potato Burritos

Sweet Potato Burritos

1 1/2 tsp. vegetable oil
    1/2 onion, chopped
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
    1 tsp. ground cumin
    2 tsp. prepared mustard
    1 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce

Directions:

Enjoy!
    Karen

Karen--I LOVE healthy Mexican food, and this recipe sounds delicious. Do you think the taste would suffer if I omitted the soy sauce? I try to stay away from all of that sodium, and I really don't care for the flavor. I even eat sushi with just the wasabi.

Yesterday, I made a big pot of quinoa, lentil, and vegetable stew. I cooked the quinoa and lentils while oven roasting some yams and onions covered in Hungarian paprika and olive oil. When both were cooked, I combined them in a pot on the stovetop, added Muir organic fire roasted tomatoes and some shredded Swiss chard, and topped it with lots of turmeric and freshly ground black pepper. I then cooked it for about 20 minutes, letting the flavors blend and the chard wilt. My company said the meal was delicious. This is something I make all of the time and will now be a staple of my diet along with the chick pea and tomato curry.

Have you ever tried a raw kale salad with lemon juice and parmesan cheese? The cheese is heavily acidic, but I think it's balanced out by the kale and lemon. This dish is fantastic and extremely high in fiber. Someone told me that kale is considered the broom of the system.

Jill

P.S. What do you think about swapping the flour tortillas for ones made of corn?
  • kkstef
    Rewriter said:

Jill

Jill, You can definitely leave out the soy sauce...there are so many good spices that it would not be noticed. Re: corn tortillas....that is a good suggestion but our regular stores don't carry corn ones larger than about 6 inches...not big enough to roll into a burrito. I am going to check the Mexican market.

Karen
  • RoseyR
    RoseyR Member Posts: 471 Member
    Susanna23 said:

Quorn and juices
    The allergy advice on all my quorn products does say contains wheat, egg, milk - but I am not strict about these things. I suppose you'd have to say it's a very highly processed food - and you know what they say about processed foods.....anyway, am going to carry on enjoying Quorn because although I eat fish I don't eat meat so it's a good protein substitute for me.
    Regarding the juicer, I timed myself the other day - to make the juice, wash up all the bits, dispose of the pulp and reassemble it for next time = 13 minutes! You have to clear up straight away or it's just too tedious to think about.
    I am experimenting with my own recipes - mainly carrot, ginger, apple, cucumber, celery - today I added a bit of kale. All delicious. My husband who is very into healthy eating (and, fortunately, also very healthy) didn't fancy vegetable juice so I made us some pink grapefruit and blueberry juice the other day - lovely!
    One recipe I adapted last week was beetroot tzatziki - blend two or three cooked beetroot with Greek yoghurt (0% fat if you like) cinammon, garlic. mint and chili flakes. Eat as dip with sweet potato chips and/or blue corn chips. Of course, tzatziki is traditionally a cucumber dish so there is that as well....
    Gosh, this is a lot more fun than thinking/talking about chemo, Ca125, prognosis, scans etc....
    All best wishes
    Susan

Beetroot

Suzanna,

I have the same kind of uterine cancer that you do and with low hemoglobin, beetroot would be a great antidote.
    But where in the world can I find it? Am in a major city on East Coast and have a hard tiime finding it even as a tincture or herbal tea.

Best,
    Rosey R
  • Rewriter
    RoseyR said:

Beetroot

Suzanna,

I have the same kind of uterine cancer that you do and with low hemoglobin, beetroot would be a great antidote.
    But where in the world can I find it? Am in a major city on East Coast and have a hard tiime finding it even as a tincture or herbal tea.

Best,
    Rosey R

Beetroot
    Hi, Rosey

I would look in international food stores. I'm in NYC, and there are a few such stores in Indian neighborhoods that sell all kinds of herbs in root form. Good luck.

Jill