thanks

I want to say thank you for all the information I have received from going to this site, Everyone is so friendly and upbeat. My surgery is Monday. I am really dreading the recovery process, sounds like that is the worst of it. Thanks again, I will be checking on this site when I can.

Comments

• BMGky
    BMGky Member Posts: 621
    Good Luck!
    The surgery is an event; however, being free of the cancer is a joy. Anyone who gets to have the surgery is very fortunate. If you need more info, check back in and ask questions. All will help as best they can.
  • K_ann1015
    K_ann1015 Member Posts: 500
    prayers for you on Monday &
    prayers for you on Monday & for a safe & uneventful recovery!!! It is a strange dichotomy how one WANTS the surgery but dreads it the same time...but so many here have experienced this. Keep in mind many on here may not post but still have you in their thoughts! We become like a virtual EC family here. Most of us don't have a neighbor or friend with this disease, but when we reach out here---it's scary how many there are!

Take care, stay in touch & do what the Docs tell you. My dad recovered well I believe in part because he tried to talk to every single person that came in to his room and actually got to know people. They got to know & like him & seemed to care---it was a bg circle. He also pushed himself to walk at least as much as the staff said that he could--they used a rolling walker with platforms for his arms because of all the tubes. By walking eh felt that he was contributing SOMETHING tho his healing.
    "Topaz",
    God Bless!
    kim
  • paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,391 Member
    Prayers coming your way!!
    You can be sure that many people here will have you in their thoughts and prayers on Monday. It has been over a year since my surgery but I can vividly remember the last few days before my operation. On the one hand I wanted to get it over with, on the other hand I was afraid of the pain after the operation and the recovery process.

I can tell you the hospital did a great job of pain management and the recovery process, while not easy, was manageable, and I am now back to doing the things I love with the people I love.

I will be praying that everything goes well.

Best Regards,

Paul Adams
    McCormick, South Carolina

DX 10/22/2009 T2N1M0 Stage IIB
    12/03/2009 Ivor Lewis
    2/8 through 6/14/2010 Adjuvant Chemo Cisplatin, Epirubicin, 5 FU
    6/21/2010 CT Scan NED
    3/14/2011 CT Scan NED

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!
  • GerryS
    GerryS Member Posts: 227 Member
    We are with you........
    I want to echo what Paul just described. My surgery was last March and I too remember those days leading up to the surgery. My family stayed at a motel so they could be there. I was totally at peace (not like me) as I know the prayers were working and the presence of my family was so important. Remember, this is a long day for the family also. I am now doing nearly everything I did before, cancer free and gratefull for every day. God bless, I will be praying.

Gerry
  • linda1120
    linda1120 Member Posts: 389
    Prayers
    Dear Topaz,

I remember well Jim's day of surgery almost three months ago, and I will remember you and your family in prayer on Monday morning. I know you will do well, and we will be waiting to hear how you did. God be with you, Linda
  • topaz1947
    topaz1947 Member Posts: 24
    linda1120 said:

Prayers
    Dear Topaz,

I remember well Jim's day of surgery almost three months ago, and I will remember you and your family in prayer on Monday morning. I know you will do well, and we will be waiting to hear how you did. God be with you, Linda

Surgery
    Hi Everyone. My mom "Topaz1947" wanted me to post an update for her. She is still in the hospital. Surgery went well lasting a little over 4 hours. She has had some complications. Breathing issues and finding a food that she can tolerate through the feeding tube ,but all in all shes getting better day by day. She wanted to say thank you for all your support and prayers. She will be posting soon. God Bless.
  • Susie_Brendon
    Susie_Brendon Member Posts: 128
    topaz1947 said:

Surgery
    Hi Everyone. My mom "Topaz1947" wanted me to post an update for her. She is still in the hospital. Surgery went well lasting a little over 4 hours. She has had some complications. Breathing issues and finding a food that she can tolerate through the feeding tube ,but all in all shes getting better day by day. She wanted to say thank you for all your support and prayers. She will be posting soon. God Bless.

Tell your mom everyone is thinking of her!
    Thank you for the update. I'm glad that your mom is getting better everyday! I will continue to keep her in my prayers!

Susie