Fatigue

Options
2»

Comments

• DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

Rads/fatigue
    Finished Rads on March 10th. Why do I feel so tired now? Does it take that long to hit you?

Rads really exhausted me.
    Rads really exhausted me. But, I did go to bed really early and took naps during the treatments. I think my rads oncologist said it can take up to a year to fully recover your energy.

I found that exercise really has helped me to gain strength.

Just give it some time.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options

I can't remember the last
    I can't remember the last time I had restorative sleep. Tamoxifen and Arimidex both can cause fatigue and insomnia and they certainly did with me. I take 1/2 zoplicone ea night which helps me sleep longer than 2 hrs. I don't darken my room as it's really dark here at night and I love star gazing from my bed as I drift off :) Ask at your local health food store about the Melatonin strips, they will have the Melatonin for sure if not the actualy strips. I'm in Canada too and have bought Melatonin although it didn't work for me. Best of luck to you..
    jan

@jan:
    Funny you say you can't remember the last night you slept through the night/good sleep...I honestly can say I DO...

I treated myself for girls Disney trip at the end of my radiation(first girls only trip in my life) Aug 2008-That is truely the last night I slept all night. So from Aug 2008 & now 2011...

Monday is 3 yrs since surgery...so almost half my time for 5 yr med so maybe in 2-3 more years I may get full night sleep...

hehe

Denise
  • Nanaof3
    Nanaof3 Member Posts: 15
    Options

@jan:
    Funny you say you can't remember the last night you slept through the night/good sleep...I honestly can say I DO...

I treated myself for girls Disney trip at the end of my radiation(first girls only trip in my life) Aug 2008-That is truely the last night I slept all night. So from Aug 2008 & now 2011...

Monday is 3 yrs since surgery...so almost half my time for 5 yr med so maybe in 2-3 more years I may get full night sleep...

hehe

Denise

Thanks, Denise
    So you're saying I only have 4 years and 11 months to wait for a full night's sleep. That's exciting!! LOL!! Or I should schedule some girls' only weekends!! That works for me!