2 months out

netkickin
netkickin Member Posts: 8
I am two months out from treatments. Doing good. My energy level is still to be desired. I was diagnosed with Stage 1 anal cancer. I went through 2 rounds of chemo (mitomicin and 5FU) and 6 weeks of radiation.
I went through the side effects of mouth sores (severe), constipation, diarrhea, nausea, burn from the radiation, and loss of appetite.
I am doing good now, I do have the cramping the legs and that is keeping me up at night. I still have a loss of appetite but it is returning slowly.

Comments

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    Hi netkickin
    I'm glad to hear that you are doing well. It can take some time for the appetite and energy to return, so just be patient with yourself. I wish you all the best in your continued recovery.
  • duckyann
    duckyann Member Posts: 159
    Hi,
    I am happy that you are

Hi,

I am happy that you are doing good. Martha is right it takes a bit to get your appetite back. Keep us updated.
  • z
    z Member Posts: 1,414 Member
    netkickin
    Hello, Sounds like everything I went through. It took me a good 6 months for my stamina to return. I completed treatment 6-30-09 and so far so good. I wish you well. Lori
  • grandma2selena
    grandma2selena Member Posts: 199
    Leg Cramps
    I was stage 1 anal cancer, sounds like the same treatment here as well. I also had leg and feet cramps. My Oncologist told me to take Vitamin D for the cramps. I now take Women's One Daily Multi Vitamin that has 800 I.U. of Vitamin D. As soon as I increased my Vitamin D my leg and feet cramps started decreasing. I still get them occasionally but nothing like it was right after treatment and before starting the Vitamin D.

Sounds like you are doing well otherwise. The energy will take some time to come back. I know for me it was as if I went to bed one night just dog tired and woke up the next morning full of energy, it took a while after treatment, but it does come back!
  • netkickin
    netkickin Member Posts: 8

Leg Cramps
    I was stage 1 anal cancer, sounds like the same treatment here as well. I also had leg and feet cramps. My Oncologist told me to take Vitamin D for the cramps. I now take Women's One Daily Multi Vitamin that has 800 I.U. of Vitamin D. As soon as I increased my Vitamin D my leg and feet cramps started decreasing. I still get them occasionally but nothing like it was right after treatment and before starting the Vitamin D.

Sounds like you are doing well otherwise. The energy will take some time to come back. I know for me it was as if I went to bed one night just dog tired and woke up the next morning full of energy, it took a while after treatment, but it does come back!

Leg Cramps
    Thanks for that information. I have cramps so bad it is hard to even touch my calves. I doing better with the appetite. The lack of energy is still not there. I am an impatient person though I expect it to be back now. I have to learn a little patients. I am glad to hear that it is not just my imagination.
  • sissy310
    sissy310 Member Posts: 300
    netkickin said:

Leg Cramps
    Thanks for that information. I have cramps so bad it is hard to even touch my calves. I doing better with the appetite. The lack of energy is still not there. I am an impatient person though I expect it to be back now. I have to learn a little patients. I am glad to hear that it is not just my imagination.

Leg cramps were there for me
    Leg cramps were there for me too right after treatment and for a bit. They seem to be getting less and less and not having as many issues with that. For some reason I found heat to help - don't know why. I would put the heating blanket on and it would feel better. Take care. Marilyne