Happy Birthday John

Options
spensir
spensir Member Posts: 44
This has been a very busy month for our family. John decided to stop the chemo treatment last month and we invited the personal trainers also called Hospice into our home. We are very happy that we did.

John has gotten stronger and is eating , eating, eating. He is also keeping himself hydrated on his own as well. He is using a walker and a cane and using some assistance as well. He is very thin but has the quality we have needed and deserved.

We have had a house full of out of state guests this past month. John's two sisters visited as well as a niece. My older brother and sister came too as well as a friend. Our dearest friend came from Virginia on a one way ticket and has been here to help John, our family and me with this journey.

God has blessed us in so many ways. Our children have had such special times with their Dad. Our oldest grandaughter came to see us as well.Grandchildren are such a joy. We have three and John's D and A runs thru their veins and will live on forever.

John turns 61 Sunday and when he was told he had EC stage IVB October 2009 we thought it was the end for us. We have crammed so much loving living sharing and caring into these bonus months. We thank God for each day.

My heart aches when I think that there will be a day when I won't share the good morning greetings or the warmth of his hand around mine but I have more than 40 years of memories that cancer cannot take away.

I come to this website almost daily to check on my EC family and keep all of you in my prayers. Thank you for sharing your sorrows and blessings with us. Love Shirley

Comments

• sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    Options
    Shirley,
    So good to hear

Shirley,

So good to hear that John is experiencing some quality time with his family and friends.
    We all face an unknown future, whether we have a terminal illness or not, so it's good to be spending each day as if it would be our last. Often we take life for granted and don't stop and appreciate the goodness around us.
    John is a lucky man to be surrounded in your and the familys love.

Praying for God's comfort in the days ahead,
    Sandra
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • linda1120
    linda1120 Member Posts: 389
    Options
    So good to hear from you
    Hello Shirley,

It filled my heart with joy and sorrow to read your post. I feel the love you both have for one another and the family has for John. I see it in the photos on your caring bridge site. I am so happy to hear that John is eating and having quality of life. You are so right that cancer cannot take away forty years of memories! Please be sure and take care of yourself with all of the company and living being crammed into a short time. Know you and your family are in my prayers and we are thinking of you all.

Linda and Jim