Can't wait for chemo!

Options
2»

Comments

• candu
    candu Member Posts: 30
    Options
    Can't wait for chemo!
    Hey! I am back and sailed through my first chemo......no side effects! Ya Hoo!
    However, the Neulestra booster Gods decided to show me just who was boss the day after with muscle aches all over for two days....of course the weekend too!
    But, come monday I got the pain medication Hyrdocodone and that helped greatly.
    Now I am scheduled for the 13th....I will have my pain medication to battle the booster gods.....and untimately WIN the muscle/ache battle.
    On to #2!
    Thanks to all and let's KEEP POSITIVE!
  • Sandy66
    Sandy66 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    chemo
    Just remind yourself you have bca, it doesn't have you. Love your attitude. I'm on the same journey. I start this week. Let's roll!
  • janelle2011
    janelle2011 Member Posts: 21
    Options
    I was so excited to start
    I was so excited to start chemo too! I just wanted the drug in me so it would stop growing! I have 4 A/C and 4 Taxol....3 down and 5 to go! I have been fortunate to not have ant side effects, except I get tired on days 2-3....I haven't had any pain with the Neulasta shot either! I feel very lucky about all this, but then wondered if it was working or not!?!?! LOL.

Doctor says the tumor is shrinking, so at least now I know it's working!

I've been able to keep my positive attitude so far and let me tell you....not only is it good for you, it's good for your family/friends too!

Keep on rolling..... :o)
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    candu said:

Can't wait for chemo!
    Hey! I am back and sailed through my first chemo......no side effects! Ya Hoo!
    However, the Neulestra booster Gods decided to show me just who was boss the day after with muscle aches all over for two days....of course the weekend too!
    But, come monday I got the pain medication Hyrdocodone and that helped greatly.
    Now I am scheduled for the 13th....I will have my pain medication to battle the booster gods.....and untimately WIN the muscle/ache battle.
    On to #2!
    Thanks to all and let's KEEP POSITIVE!

Hooray for no side effects!
    Hooray for no side effects! Thinking positive for you!
  • candu
    candu Member Posts: 30
    Options

I was so excited to start
    I was so excited to start chemo too! I just wanted the drug in me so it would stop growing! I have 4 A/C and 4 Taxol....3 down and 5 to go! I have been fortunate to not have ant side effects, except I get tired on days 2-3....I haven't had any pain with the Neulasta shot either! I feel very lucky about all this, but then wondered if it was working or not!?!?! LOL.

Doctor says the tumor is shrinking, so at least now I know it's working!

I've been able to keep my positive attitude so far and let me tell you....not only is it good for you, it's good for your family/friends too!

Keep on rolling..... :o)

Hair Loss here I come!
    Thanks all for your support!
    Lost my hair this week......a bit unnerving....but instead of sulking I grabbed a friend and went fishing to mark the day.....caught some great fish too!
    Went and got a wig about a month ago.....glad I did...I use it during the day because I am in the retail business....then when I get home...off it comes...and it feels soooooo good to not have anything covering my scalp.
    I am surprised that my scalp is so tender?....must be the chemo?
    I have got my Claritin and Hydrocodone for this week's #2 chemo.....hope I don't experience the muscle aches as I did in chemo #1.
    Just can't wait to say "I am half way through".....and then it must be heaven to say "this is my last chemo".
    Let's rock and roll and keep these positive attitudes going!
    All my best to you.
    Candu
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    :)
    I love your spirit! I started my treatments a week ago. I go for my second this week (Friday). Keep it going!!! Your spirit helps me too. :)
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    candu said:

Hair Loss here I come!
    Lost my hair this week......a bit unnerving....but instead of sulking I grabbed a friend and went fishing to mark the day.....caught some great fish too!
    Went and got a wig about a month ago.....glad I did...I use it during the day because I am in the retail business....then when I get home...off it comes...and it feels soooooo good to not have anything covering my scalp.
    I have got my Claritin and Hydrocodone for this week's #2 chemo.....hope I don't experience the muscle aches as I did in chemo #1.
    Just can't wait to say "I am half way through".....and then it must be heaven to say "this is my last chemo".
    All my best to you.
    Candu

HOrray for no side effects
    Glad you're doing well. WIll pray that continues! I didn't have a major problems either with a treatment similar to yours. Glad you celebrated! Keep up the good spirits and really does help carry you through.

My scalp hurt when my hair started to come out so shaved it off and felt MUCH better.

Keep smiling! :)
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    candu said:

Hair Loss here I come!
    All my best to you.
    Candu

Gone fishing! Sounds like
    Gone fishing! Sounds like fun Candu! You have such a wonderful attitude! It is contagious! We will all be ready to party with you at that halfway point and then really celebrate the end of chemo for you.

You rock!

Sue :)
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

:)
    I love your spirit! I started my treatments a week ago. I go for my second this week (Friday). Keep it going!!! Your spirit helps me too. :)

awesome, hope it continues
    awesome, hope it continues to go well for you