Bone thinning with treatments

Anyone having problems with your bones?My bones have been doing lots of cracking lately.Sounds like Rice Krispies getting up and down.Have a knee with an old injury that has swelled a few times after treatments.Done so many treatments over the years and no one has mentioned my bones.Was reading some place about this, any input? Thanks Michele

Comments

• COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    Bones
    Michele,
    I know the rads will thin your bones over time. I am not sure about the chemo drugs though. I only had the chemo but I do notice my joints do crack a lot more than they used too.Especially in my ankles and knees. John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)
  • Michele23
    Michele23 Member Posts: 168
    COBRA666 said:

Bones
    Michele,
    I know the rads will thin your bones over time. I am not sure about the chemo drugs though. I only had the chemo but I do notice my joints do crack a lot more than they used too.Especially in my ankles and knees. John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)

supplements
    My oncs assistant called me today in reguards to bloodwork about vit.D and bones.Anyway they suggested I start taking Vit. C and vit. D.She says I'm not below but right on the lowest level.Thats not where they want me at.She would not come right out and say the chemo harms the bones but suggested they would rather I be taking the vitamins.So I'll let you all know if it helps with the engergy levels as I've been told it does also.Michele
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    Michele23 said:

supplements
    My oncs assistant called me today in reguards to bloodwork about vit.D and bones.Anyway they suggested I start taking Vit. C and vit. D.She says I'm not below but right on the lowest level.Thats not where they want me at.She would not come right out and say the chemo harms the bones but suggested they would rather I be taking the vitamins.So I'll let you all know if it helps with the engergy levels as I've been told it does also.Michele

Supplements
    I take Vit.D3,iron,B-6 and B12. Seems to have helped me quite a bit over the past few months.It does take time. John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)
  • Newfoundcancer
    Newfoundcancer Member Posts: 40
    COBRA666 said:

Supplements
    I take Vit.D3,iron,B-6 and B12. Seems to have helped me quite a bit over the past few months.It does take time. John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)

What types of treatments
    What types of treatments thin the bones. I only had rads and I am now cancer free.
    But still my bones feel weak and hurt when I stand for long periods of time.
    I take darvacet for the pain.