My scan results............

Buzzard
Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
edited March 2011 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Had a CT with imaging contrast done on the 16th..sorry, didn't say anything, didn't want to worry anyone for no reason...I haven't been to the Onc yet so I have no idea what she will say...I do have one surprise that I didn't know about...I am sure all that know me will know what Im speaking of...Here are the Radiologists notes and Impressions on my Chest,Abdomen and Pelvic scan...I tried to scan copy and paste but to no avail so I will type all of it for your reading ...Good bad or ugly...it is what it is.........and here they are......

First......Chest..

Compared to 8/4/2010 there is no hilar or mediastinal lymphadenopathy...
There is bullous emphysema...
There is scarring from surgery (lingula resection)

Impressions are
1) Scarring in the region of the lingula where there was probable wedge resection or lingular resection related to a previously known pulmonary nodule...There are no new nodules present...
2) Mild to moderate emphysema...
3) No enlarged hilar or mediastinal lymph nodes


Second......Abdomen and Pelvis....

Comparison is made to 8/13/2008......
A vague hypodense area within the right hepatic lobe of the liver is stable compared to 8/13/2008..This is in the right hepatic lobe medially...There are no other liver lesions...
Spleen, pancreas, and adrenal glands are normal. Right kidney is normal. There is a 4.8cm cyst arising from the lower pole of the left kidney that previously measured 4.2 cm.
There is a left lower quadrant colostomy. Intraperitoneal fat herniates through the defect consistent with a peristomal hernia.
There is no evidence of bowel blockage or obstruction. The appendix is normal.
There are no enlarged lymph nodes in the abdomen or the pelvis. There is mild atheromatous disease of the aortoiliac vessels.....

Thirdly and Final are the complete impression (findings of all of it).....

1) Vague hypodense area in the liver in the right hepatic lobe medially remains stable and no new liver lesions.
2) Lower left colostomy, Peristomal hernia small
3)Small nodules within the central messentery may represent small lymph nodes ..These are stable in appearance. The differential includes messenteric panniculitis. These are also stable compared to 4/11/2008...
4) 4.8 cm left renal cyst previously measured 4.3 cm 8/13/2008
5) Atheromatous changes of the aortoiliac vessels without aneurysm.......

Thats about it in a nutshell.....good bad or ugly it is what it is....reply, rebuttal, or plain tell me what you think....I know whats up so nothing worries me anymore.....

Love to all.......buzz
«1

Comments

  • wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    Say What?
    Buzzard,

    Not being the cancer patient, I'm not very good at understanding your report. I do so hope that it means all is going good for you. If I'm mistaken, I apologize.
    Thanks again for all your help and take care.

    Luv Ya,
    Wolfen
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    wolfen said:

    Say What?
    Buzzard,

    Not being the cancer patient, I'm not very good at understanding your report. I do so hope that it means all is going good for you. If I'm mistaken, I apologize.
    Thanks again for all your help and take care.

    Luv Ya,
    Wolfen

    Other than being ugly, I think I'll be ok........
    thanks for asking though....Love ya back.........buzz
  • Buzzard said:

    Other than being ugly, I think I'll be ok........
    thanks for asking though....Love ya back.........buzz

    This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    unknown said:

    This comment has been removed by the Moderator

    what
    i can tell all sounds GOOD.keep on goin buzz cause you know you have got a hold of that rope....Godbless....johnnybegood
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member

    what
    i can tell all sounds GOOD.keep on goin buzz cause you know you have got a hold of that rope....Godbless....johnnybegood

    AWESOME REPORT!!!!
    Hey Schweetheart!!!

    It appears to me that all is stable and looking waaaay good!!! Congrats!! What minor things are there are just that...minor!

    Sheeet...... lets go have a beer!!! YAY for you babycakes!

    Love ya....... Jen
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member

    AWESOME REPORT!!!!
    Hey Schweetheart!!!

    It appears to me that all is stable and looking waaaay good!!! Congrats!! What minor things are there are just that...minor!

    Sheeet...... lets go have a beer!!! YAY for you babycakes!

    Love ya....... Jen

    Buzz ,I'm not expert but it sounds you are Fu***ing Healthy
    isn't ? Congratulations my friend!
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    not bad at all
    Hi Clift,

    Looks like a pretty stable report. The "now new lesions" part is definitely good!
    Sounds like you have a bit of emphysema- don't know if you've known about that or not. My mom was diagnosed two years ago with mild emphysema (and she's never smoked) and she's actually fine- they're giving her something for it.
    The thing on the kidney stem that grew a bit is being called a cyst, so I'm assuming it's benign? If it was there before, seems like you must already know about it.
    It doesn't appear as if anything new is growing and pretty much everything sounds stable.
    Not a bad scan! I know myself if it doesn't say everything is "gone" then it doesn't seem like a great scan, but I've now adjusted my thinking and stable is pretty darn good!

    You'll be fine, I believe!
    Lisa
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Yep, I Like It
    Does sound favorable, buddy - in fact, I hope my upcoming scan in August after we wrap this 10-month campaign looks as favorable as yours, I'd take it in an instant.

    Cysts are normal and I've heard the majority of the population has one...I've got one as well but it shows no growth, something they monitor, but ok so far.

    Sounds like you just bought yourself another 3-6 months:)

    Here's your "hall pass" and we'll see you back on your next scan cycle.

    Good for you, man!

    -Craig
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    who is watching over you ???????????
    Hi clift,

    I am going to talk to himself as I go to sleep.
    its important to have friends in high places.
    the higher the better.
    thanks for sharing what I think is good news.

    prayers,
    pete
  • soccermom13
    soccermom13 Member Posts: 224
    Sounds like good news!
    Let us know how your visit with the ONC goes! Time for you to go out and dance! Keep on the positive thoughts!
    hugs
    Shanna
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member

    Sounds like good news!
    Let us know how your visit with the ONC goes! Time for you to go out and dance! Keep on the positive thoughts!
    hugs
    Shanna

    My thoughts on it.......
    Well,
    I never knew of the liver lesion...until now....I never knew of mild to moderate emphysema...until now....I never knew of the cyst on the kidney.....until now....All I figured was that I did have a met from CRC to the lung and that it was gone through resection...The other stuff was a surprise...as well as mesenteric panniculitis ( that sounds like something a golfer or a goat herder gets )........The chest was compared to the surgery in 8/04/2010...To answer your question Gracie the comparison made to the liver lesion was made against a scan done after my initial Rectal surgery in july 15th 2008 so they did a CT scan on 8/04/2008, evidently the scan saw it but I never was informed of it. The more I learn about all of this the more I realize just how important it is to really take your treatment regimens and do in depth study on who, what, when, where, and why...and read every inch, ask every question....ho hum.

    OK, in any event, another bittersweet event, BUTTTTTTTT...(did I say BUTT ? )......I know whats up now and I think all will be well...Got to get a game plan together before speaking with Onc to decide what my intentions and thoughts of all this is before we meet...then see what she says, and if its on my list...well then, maybe I'll keep her...LOL.....just kiddin (kinda)...............Love to all...........buzz
  • eibod
    eibod Member Posts: 160
    Buzzard said:

    My thoughts on it.......
    Well,
    I never knew of the liver lesion...until now....I never knew of mild to moderate emphysema...until now....I never knew of the cyst on the kidney.....until now....All I figured was that I did have a met from CRC to the lung and that it was gone through resection...The other stuff was a surprise...as well as mesenteric panniculitis ( that sounds like something a golfer or a goat herder gets )........The chest was compared to the surgery in 8/04/2010...To answer your question Gracie the comparison made to the liver lesion was made against a scan done after my initial Rectal surgery in july 15th 2008 so they did a CT scan on 8/04/2008, evidently the scan saw it but I never was informed of it. The more I learn about all of this the more I realize just how important it is to really take your treatment regimens and do in depth study on who, what, when, where, and why...and read every inch, ask every question....ho hum.

    OK, in any event, another bittersweet event, BUTTTTTTTT...(did I say BUTT ? )......I know whats up now and I think all will be well...Got to get a game plan together before speaking with Onc to decide what my intentions and thoughts of all this is before we meet...then see what she says, and if its on my list...well then, maybe I'll keep her...LOL.....just kiddin (kinda)...............Love to all...........buzz

    Not very good at reading
    Not very good at reading reports, but looks like this one may be ok. Congrats and hope
    the Onc gets to keep her job!!!!
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    Congrats Buzz!

    Congrats Buzz!
  • Crow71
    Crow71 Member Posts: 679 Member
    Buzzard said:

    My thoughts on it.......
    Well,
    I never knew of the liver lesion...until now....I never knew of mild to moderate emphysema...until now....I never knew of the cyst on the kidney.....until now....All I figured was that I did have a met from CRC to the lung and that it was gone through resection...The other stuff was a surprise...as well as mesenteric panniculitis ( that sounds like something a golfer or a goat herder gets )........The chest was compared to the surgery in 8/04/2010...To answer your question Gracie the comparison made to the liver lesion was made against a scan done after my initial Rectal surgery in july 15th 2008 so they did a CT scan on 8/04/2008, evidently the scan saw it but I never was informed of it. The more I learn about all of this the more I realize just how important it is to really take your treatment regimens and do in depth study on who, what, when, where, and why...and read every inch, ask every question....ho hum.

    OK, in any event, another bittersweet event, BUTTTTTTTT...(did I say BUTT ? )......I know whats up now and I think all will be well...Got to get a game plan together before speaking with Onc to decide what my intentions and thoughts of all this is before we meet...then see what she says, and if its on my list...well then, maybe I'll keep her...LOL.....just kiddin (kinda)...............Love to all...........buzz

    You'll be bettern' fine
    When I first read this I was confused because I didn't remember that you had a liver lesion. Now it makes sense, but I'm pissed that you've had it all this time without knowing it. I know doctors make mistakes and all, but this one is down right weird.

    You're totally right. This is further evidence that we must always have a hand on the reigns of our treatment.

    You are rock steady Buzz. Completely unflappable. Let us know how it goes with you onc. I can't wait to hear.

    Take care,
    Roger
  • christinecarl
    christinecarl Member Posts: 543 Member
    I was scared to read your
    I was scared to read your post, but all thing considered that is not too bad of a report. Keep up the good work!!!
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Buzz;
    I don't read CT language very well but it says liver lesion no change since 8/13/08? No change in 2 1/2 years? If so, it may not be a CRC met, just some fatty stuff on the liver maybe? Is there a chance they can do a needle CT guided liver biopsy on it to confirm what it is? Maybe I am reading this wrong but if it is a met that has not changed what are the chances of just getting rid of it now before it decides to act up for you.

    The rest of it I don't undersand without the help of Google.

    In the big picture, looks like a pretty good report - Good Job!

    Take care - Tina
  • luvmylife
    luvmylife Member Posts: 76
    geotina said:

    Buzz;
    I don't read CT language very well but it says liver lesion no change since 8/13/08? No change in 2 1/2 years? If so, it may not be a CRC met, just some fatty stuff on the liver maybe? Is there a chance they can do a needle CT guided liver biopsy on it to confirm what it is? Maybe I am reading this wrong but if it is a met that has not changed what are the chances of just getting rid of it now before it decides to act up for you.

    The rest of it I don't undersand without the help of Google.

    In the big picture, looks like a pretty good report - Good Job!

    Take care - Tina

    Congratulations Buzz
    Overall it looks like you have a good report. Hopefully the liver lesion is just a hemangioma which is very common. Glad everything is going well for you.

    Best to you,

    Jan
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Sounds good
    I tried really hard to understand it all and did only okay. But the main thing I take from this is that it seems like you're doing well! And, despite your thoughts to the contrary, you are not ugly! *grins*

    *hugs*
    Gail
  • thready
    thready Member Posts: 474
    Ct scan
    Mr Buzzard, You could have a bit of inflammation in the small bowel, could be there because of previous procedures, it could just be there for who knows why but.....should think about a PET scan to make sure you are not able to light it up. Sounds like the liver thing is just there. Dr will know more from previous studies. Other than that-get your dancin' shoes on!

    Now you do have a bit of thickening of the large vessels and a touch of emphysema so you do need to keep living clean, make sure your good cholesteral is high and your B/P is not high, get your walks in to keep the blood moving and the lungs exchanging-we arn't 20 any more so we have to work at this living thing. Most of all, have fun! Is it fishing time yet?
    Jan
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Hi Buzz,please don't overly
    Hi Buzz,please don't overly worry.They call the cyst on my husband's liver as lesion since the first scan.I kept asking doctors(oncologist and radiologist)what that means and if it matters,they both tell me it is a cyst,that's all.The cyst might be there since he was born.

    Right now,from my understanding,any abnormality of tissue consisting of soft tissue in the body can be called "lesion".I think you had never been told about it because the oncologist thinks it is nothing but cyst.(Ok,sorry I give you the diagnosis)If your mind is really spinning,a MRI or biospy can tell you the truth.But I think once you mention this with oncologist,she will give you an answer.Take care,my hero,you will be fine.