APPETITE

Options
2»

Comments

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options

It just takes some time...
    Yeah, I wish I had a dollar everytime heard that too. It was like nails on a chalk board. Honestly I didn't believe it was true for at least a year. Especially when I still couldn't eat and I was like a year out. As much as I hated hearing that- It just takes time- hating it doesn't make it any less true. :)

Hi Sweet
    As my jaw & teeth gets worse every year I find I am wanting to eat less and less everyday because I can’t chew the food very well and all it does is to start me teeth hurting. My jaw opens now less then ½ inch, the doctors at MD Anderson tell me they can’t do anything unless I get the jaw to open at lease to one inch. I have been using a theribite for almost a year with no success. I got a Dynasplint yesterday you will not believe the cost $2790 all I can say is if it works it is worth the cost and if it don’t work I got a 3000 dollar toy. I am thinking of doing what Daddy Mike is doing and just drinking some beer.

All the best
    Hondo
  • D Lewis
    D Lewis Member Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Interesting discussion
    I'm having the most difficulty with lack of saliva. I have an appetite, albeit a small one, and I can chew and swallow small bites with minimal fear of choking. I eat very slowly. However, my mouth is so very dry that whatever I eat seems to stick all over my teeth and the inside of my mouth. Sweets, ice cream, candies, cakes, etc are all simply too sticky to enjoy. Having to floss and brush after every single thing I eat, including most beverages, is a real deterrent to between-meal snacks. Especially at work. And the slow eating part ensures that the serving platters on the table are emptied long before I've choked down the little bit on my plate.

At 5'3" and 125 pounds, I'm good with my current weight.

Deb
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Sweet
    As my jaw & teeth gets worse every year I find I am wanting to eat less and less everyday because I can’t chew the food very well and all it does is to start me teeth hurting. My jaw opens now less then ½ inch, the doctors at MD Anderson tell me they can’t do anything unless I get the jaw to open at lease to one inch. I have been using a theribite for almost a year with no success. I got a Dynasplint yesterday you will not believe the cost $2790 all I can say is if it works it is worth the cost and if it don’t work I got a 3000 dollar toy. I am thinking of doing what Daddy Mike is doing and just drinking some beer.

All the best
    Hondo

Hondo
    My mouth doesn't open very far, but it's not nearly as bad as yours. My dentist has given me tongue depressors to try and keep cramming in there horizontally to try and get my mouth open more. I hope your Dynasplint works for you. It was so nice of your work to get it for you.

Not sure why anyone would ever want to drink beer. Gag. :P I could never stand the taste and even just drinking a 1/4 cup of it will make me get sick. I will stick with my smoothies and juices. Thanks. Lol
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options

Hondo
    My mouth doesn't open very far, but it's not nearly as bad as yours. My dentist has given me tongue depressors to try and keep cramming in there horizontally to try and get my mouth open more. I hope your Dynasplint works for you. It was so nice of your work to get it for you.

Not sure why anyone would ever want to drink beer. Gag. :P I could never stand the taste and even just drinking a 1/4 cup of it will make me get sick. I will stick with my smoothies and juices. Thanks. Lol

Sweet
    I still have the Threbite unit if you think it will help you, it will be at no cost, I would be glad to see it help someone else. It can work just that it was not make to work on someone with the amount of radiation I had directly to the head, let me know.

I have not drank a beer in about 34 years so I don’t really know what it would taste like anymore, so I think I will do like you and stay with the smoothies.

All the best to you
    Hondo