The Verdict Is In!

Options
2»

Comments

• srwruns
    srwruns Member Posts: 343
    Options

Positive Thinking
    Today I went out in the horrible rainy weather looking for plastic lemons. I was all over the Peninsula and not one lemon. Oh I did find lots in a dispay at Williams Sonoma but the sales lady told me they were not for sale. Bummer.
    I thought if I had a pitcher or large plastic glass full of plastic lemons, it would be a great reminder that I can make lemonade out of lemons!
    Next it is Amazon.

Bed Bath and Beyond has half
    Bed Bath and Beyond has half yellow/ half clear plastic lemons that are intended for storing real lemons.
  • forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options

Positive Thinking
    Today I went out in the horrible rainy weather looking for plastic lemons. I was all over the Peninsula and not one lemon. Oh I did find lots in a dispay at Williams Sonoma but the sales lady told me they were not for sale. Bummer.
    I thought if I had a pitcher or large plastic glass full of plastic lemons, it would be a great reminder that I can make lemonade out of lemons!
    Next it is Amazon.

Lemons
    Just wanted to mention that Wal Mart in Mt View has plastic lemons in the craft area.They have all sorts of plastic fruit, I think it's for wreath making, but a plastic lemon is a plastic lemon. I don't know if you are in the area, but that store has all the stuff.
  • rose_marie
    rose_marie Member Posts: 75
    Options
    srwruns said:

Bed Bath and Beyond has half
    Bed Bath and Beyond has half yellow/ half clear plastic lemons that are intended for storing real lemons.

Lemons
    I was there today and didn't see anything close. I can always go back and check again. I did manage to buy some "space" bags and some bright red circle place mats. Oh and a glass cover for my 10" skillet.
    Love those coupons I get in the mail!
  • rose_marie
    Options
    forme said:

Lemons
    Just wanted to mention that Wal Mart in Mt View has plastic lemons in the craft area.They have all sorts of plastic fruit, I think it's for wreath making, but a plastic lemon is a plastic lemon. I don't know if you are in the area, but that store has all the stuff.

Wal Mart
    That is good infomation. I am on the Peninsula, about 6 miles from SFO. I have only been to WalMart once when it first opened. Perhaps it's time to take another look.
    You gave me an idea. I bet Michael's has them. When you mentioned wreath making a light bulb went off. I think I will try there first. Much closer to me.

Rosemarie
  • rose_marie
    Options
    srwruns said:

doing well. My scan was
    doing well. My scan was clear last Wednesday. I have followup gyn/onc appt. this Friday. Then off to Joshua Tree for a road trip next week. My primary also got the scan report and she said it said something about a "nodule" in my left breast. The gyn/onc phone message didn't say anything about that and my mammo in January was clean but did mention I had "dense" breasts and a lesion could be difficult to see. So, fingers crossed that there isn't something else on the horizon. My primary didn't seem overly concerned about it either but said they may recommend mammos every six months rather than yearly. So Friday is the face to face and I am looking forward to going over everything and get next steps for followup defined.

Road Trip
    Sounds like everything is going good for you. Perhaps a small bump in the road, but other than that, very good. Enjoy Joshua Tree. That is another place I have never been to. Must start making myself a new list of places to visit.
  • rose_marie
    Options
    djinco said:

You Can Win
    I am sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis. I will pray for you. I know chemo can be tiring, but you can prevail. Allow your body to rest. Ask your family and friends to help you with food preparation. God is with you always.

Yes I Can Win!
    I have a wonderful support system with my husband being my number 1. Second are my dearest friends (one is taking me to chemo this Friday) and last but not least, my church community. I have been getting cards from people I didn't even know. One lovely lady took me to Filoli's yesterday to see the tulips and daffodils in full bloom. Stayed for a wonderful bowl of chicken noodle soup.
    Thank you for your prayers.
    Something I have been saying since my first bout was "God is with me, and with Him I am cancer free" It makes me feel good.
  • Tina Brown
    Tina Brown Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Fluid around the lung
    Your story struck a cord with me. I was diagnosed with fluid around both of my lungs. It is one of the things Ovarian and Primary Peritoneal Cancer does (Thats what I have) The cancern cells ouze fluid both into the peritoneal cavity and the pleura around the lungs.

It is **** that it has come back after 5 years.

So far I have had 6 I think (I lose track) chest drains whenever my cancer comes back. The chemo usually gets rid of it though.

Has your pulmonologist suggested a procedure called pluradesis where they insert medicate talc into the cavity. This seals it up so the fluid can't come back. I had this done on my right lung and it works. They can't yet completely drain my left lung so I haven't had this one done.

Keep us informed ofyour progress

Tina xx
  • lindachris
    lindachris Member Posts: 173
    Options
    Cancer redux
    The first time my wife's cancer came back was extremely difficult. She was so emotionally upset I'd never seen anything like it in our 25 years of marriage. That made the whole return to chemo even tougher. But I didn't blame her. It is shocking. And the chemo was rough. But she made it through.

That was in 2007. Here in late 2010 it came back again, this time as a tumor down low in the abdomen. But this time we were both calmer and resolute. Her emotions were more about mortality than anger. She's fed up with doing chemo and all these side effects. I just tried to encourage her through. We had plenty of help in so many ways; financially, everything. So we feel like there was a purpose or our faith carried us through.

So it's been three times through for Linda. Now she's emerging from chemo slowly and getting her hair back. Sick of the itchy wig. Sick of numb feet, watering eyes and the hernia resulting from multiple surgeries. My wife is pretty roughed up.

That means we pray for strength and try to do the right things to get life back in order. We're glad spring is coming so she can get out and heal in the garden. But knowing this disease has come back every two years or so is not a fun reality. I don't think we quite know what to do with that fact. Does anyone?
  • rose_marie
    Options

Fluid around the lung
    Your story struck a cord with me. I was diagnosed with fluid around both of my lungs. It is one of the things Ovarian and Primary Peritoneal Cancer does (Thats what I have) The cancern cells ouze fluid both into the peritoneal cavity and the pleura around the lungs.

It is **** that it has come back after 5 years.

So far I have had 6 I think (I lose track) chest drains whenever my cancer comes back. The chemo usually gets rid of it though.

Has your pulmonologist suggested a procedure called pluradesis where they insert medicate talc into the cavity. This seals it up so the fluid can't come back. I had this done on my right lung and it works. They can't yet completely drain my left lung so I haven't had this one done.

Keep us informed ofyour progress

Tina xx

Fluid
    Oh Tina, I never want to have fluid drained from the pleura around my right lung again! I still hurt in that area and it is hard to sleep on my back or even my right side. My pulmonologist had to try a couple of times and she kept hitting my rib bone and then a nerve. My husband said I have a small bruise at that area.

I had my first chemo yesterday (Carboplatin) and I am hopping that this will solve the fluid problem in due time.

Will keep all concerned informed.
    Rosemarie
  • rose_marie
    Options

Cancer redux
    The first time my wife's cancer came back was extremely difficult. She was so emotionally upset I'd never seen anything like it in our 25 years of marriage. That made the whole return to chemo even tougher. But I didn't blame her. It is shocking. And the chemo was rough. But she made it through.

That was in 2007. Here in late 2010 it came back again, this time as a tumor down low in the abdomen. But this time we were both calmer and resolute. Her emotions were more about mortality than anger. She's fed up with doing chemo and all these side effects. I just tried to encourage her through. We had plenty of help in so many ways; financially, everything. So we feel like there was a purpose or our faith carried us through.

So it's been three times through for Linda. Now she's emerging from chemo slowly and getting her hair back. Sick of the itchy wig. Sick of numb feet, watering eyes and the hernia resulting from multiple surgeries. My wife is pretty roughed up.

That means we pray for strength and try to do the right things to get life back in order. We're glad spring is coming so she can get out and heal in the garden. But knowing this disease has come back every two years or so is not a fun reality. I don't think we quite know what to do with that fact. Does anyone?

Cancer redux
    My heart goes out to you and Linda. With Spring comes a new begining. You are both in my prayers as are the others suffering from this dreadful disease.

Linda, you CAN do this again. Be strong, please.
    Rosemarie