my scan results

2»

Comments

• Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Lisa
    Lisa,
    You are an amazing woman my friend. I am sorry that things weren't better with your scan. I am glad that there has not been "progression". Lisa, I'll keep praying for you. Your faith inspires me. Thinking of you daily.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    disappointing but
    Hi Lisa,

I can certainly understand your disappointment. It's good to have a short cry!

I don't want to be "Miss Pollyanna". However, I'm not sure I'd necessarily agree with you that your current chemo "isn't working" -- it is keeping the beast at bay. While you may have "progression of metastatic disease", it seems to be an extremely slow progression.....Almost stable, really.

Of course that doesn't mean don't explore other options! It sure would be nice to have something more powerful/effective, for your situation. But if it's not available today, it may be available soon - and you are hanging in there!

I am a member of that "tribe" who is unlikely to be hearing the word "cure", and is likely to be on chemo for the rest of my life (hopefully with some breaks). I figure, I just have to keep two steps ahead of the beast, and be able to tolerate the treatments, and maintain a decent quality of life. I am doing that -- and so are you.

Sending love prayers and best wishes

Tara
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Lisa
    I am sorry you are disappointed. It sounds mostly stable, which is good but I know more would be nice. I hope that the results you are looking for will come in the near future.
  • HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    Lisa....
    You are an amazing woman. Just amazing.

I'm glad to hear you're not giving up the alternative stuff. It's not exactly the best scan, but it's definitely not bad either. Things sound about stable with a little bit of growth. No new growth. :)

Just know you're still in my prayers. All of CSN is.

Love and Hugs,

Holly
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Thank you all
    Thank you everyone,

You don't know how much it means to me to come on the board and read your replies to me. I'm sending you all hugs- thank you :)
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Lisa
    Shoot, so one scan sucks, give it time, maybe the next one will be better. I'm not into the detox's and alternatives so I don't have a great opinion on them. (don't throw stones at me darn it people, it's just my opinion) I would think if it's going up (CEA) then I would stop the detox's and alternatives, I mean so a month and a half after you start may not have been enough time for it to affect your system, and after more time it has. I don't know. I would wonder about it though.
    I just hope that no matter what you do, that it starts going back down, and that your tumors start shrinking!!!
    Winter Marie
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    I do worry
    and I continue to pray for you my friend, I am sorry the results werent a little better. I too wish the doctors would do a bit more for all of us, seems we all should be given an honorary Doctrine after all we have been through. I sometimes feel more comfortable asking people here then doctors...LOL

Stay strong, keep the faith as I know you will, and I will keep you in my prayers like always..

HUGS
    Beth
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Lisa my friend.
    Hugs you know I already vented to you on facebook. As I said to Melissa I'm disappointed that the results were not what you were expecting for you both. :-( But I will keep praying that your alternative/and chemo will start working in a much stronger way.

Hugs, if cancer has given me one thing is meeting wonderful people like you and my csn family online. :-)) I agree what you said to me on facebook.

Love and hugs to you.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Hey, Lisa.

You better not be going anywhere yet! We're counting on you being here! I'm sorry the results weren't as positive as you had hoped, but I pray things will turn around very soon.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    tootsie1 said:

Hey, Lisa.

You better not be going anywhere yet! We're counting on you being here! I'm sorry the results weren't as positive as you had hoped, but I pray things will turn around very soon.

*hugs*
    Gail

Lisa
    u r in my thoughts

michelle
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Missed It...
    I'm late to the party, Lisa. I'm watching all of the naturopath stories to see how everyone fares. I can understand how you could be wondering if taking the supplemental program is helping or hindering your situation.

Wish I was smart enough to know one way or the other. I applaud you exploring the possibilities and maybe more light will be shed as you move forward.

You're still with us, so I take that as good news:)

You know I've watched you for nearly 2 years and how you've fought this fight - you know I'm beside you as we fight on.

-Craig