Survival? Praying for my dad. Is it possible?

Strong4Daddy
Strong4Daddy Member Posts: 7
edited March 2011 in Lung Cancer #1
My Daddy was diagnosed with limited stage sclc. He just finished is first round of chemotherapy and will begin radiation after his second round. He has a tumor in his left lung and it seems we are very lucky that it hasn't spread. I am staying strong for my family but I have to admit I do have my "I want my Daddy!" Moments. Looking for hope. Just coming to this site has put you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Comments

• jasamarenumberone
    jasamarenumberone Member Posts: 13
    I know exactly how you feel.
    I know exactly how you feel. I'm 23 years old, and my dad was diagnosed with SCLC July 2010. He did cycles of chemotherapy and radiation of course. It has been very difficult. We just have to keep going, and keep up hope. Believe me, I have my "I just want my daddy" moments every day. :( All we want for is for our dad to be okay, we ask God that somehow they can be a cure for them.
  • Strong4Daddy

I know exactly how you feel.
    I know exactly how you feel. I'm 23 years old, and my dad was diagnosed with SCLC July 2010. He did cycles of chemotherapy and radiation of course. It has been very difficult. We just have to keep going, and keep up hope. Believe me, I have my "I just want my daddy" moments every day. :( All we want for is for our dad to be okay, we ask God that somehow they can be a cure for them.

prayers for your dad and mine
    Thanks you for the response. Its funny how much simply knowing you are not alone helps you get through things. I am truely sad that anyone has to go through things like this but I am greatful for the support of others in the same situation. Wishing you all the luck and faith there is. Keep sharing through all the ups and downs it really is a comfort.
  • DaughterDearest
    DaughterDearest Member Posts: 22

prayers for your dad and mine
    Thanks you for the response. Its funny how much simply knowing you are not alone helps you get through things. I am truely sad that anyone has to go through things like this but I am greatful for the support of others in the same situation. Wishing you all the luck and faith there is. Keep sharing through all the ups and downs it really is a comfort.

I find myself in the same
    I find myself in the same boat. 27 year old daughter whose father was diagnosed with Stage 3B lung cancer in May 2010. Already lost my mother to cancer 8 years ago, now my last remaining parent has the dreaded disease.

I, too, am very much a "daddy's little girl"...not in a spoiled way, though! Haha. But yes, this does seem extremely unfair, especially when our fathers are such amazing people. They don't deserve this. I want my daddy around to see me when I get married, have children, etc. But he's not getting better, so I know this is now only a pipe dream. :-(

Praying for all the fathers (and mothers!) and daughters (and sons!) out there.

Much love, all. BIG, SUPPORTIVE HUGS!! Let's keep our heads up. For daddy. :-)
  • Strong4Daddy

I find myself in the same
    I find myself in the same boat. 27 year old daughter whose father was diagnosed with Stage 3B lung cancer in May 2010. Already lost my mother to cancer 8 years ago, now my last remaining parent has the dreaded disease.

I, too, am very much a "daddy's little girl"...not in a spoiled way, though! Haha. But yes, this does seem extremely unfair, especially when our fathers are such amazing people. They don't deserve this. I want my daddy around to see me when I get married, have children, etc. But he's not getting better, so I know this is now only a pipe dream. :-(

Praying for all the fathers (and mothers!) and daughters (and sons!) out there.

Much love, all. BIG, SUPPORTIVE HUGS!! Let's keep our heads up. For daddy. :-)

I'm 27 also and the one
    I'm 27 also and the one thought that really breaks me down is exactly what you said. I want my Daddy to walk me down the isle. And yes our dads are amazing people, that is obvious by how strong, amazing and supportive their little girls are :) Let's keep our heads up, smile through the hurt and stay Strong for out dads. Hugs to you too you're in my heart and thoughts.
  • angelyn
    angelyn Member Posts: 51

I'm 27 also and the one
    I'm 27 also and the one thought that really breaks me down is exactly what you said. I want my Daddy to walk me down the isle. And yes our dads are amazing people, that is obvious by how strong, amazing and supportive their little girls are :) Let's keep our heads up, smile through the hurt and stay Strong for out dads. Hugs to you too you're in my heart and thoughts.

Me too.
    I'm not as young as you all, (49), but my mom has SCLC and I feel the same way you guys do. I pray to God everyday that my mom will survive also. I am an only child and I feel that if my mom dies I will be alone in this world and its NOT a good feeling. I panic to say the least. Who will I go to when I need someone that will love me like she does? There is no one else and never will be.
    Praying for us all-
    Angie
  • DaughterDearest
    DaughterDearest Member Posts: 22
    Aww, you guys are bringing
    Aww, you guys are bringing tears to my eyes! :-(

I wish I could give everyone here a big, big hug and never let go until you tell me to! Even then I might not! :-P

I know I don't know anyone here in person (unfortunately!), but YOU ARE NOT ALONE!! We're all here for one another. And this brings me so much comfort. I hope it brings everyone else comfort, too! Keep strong, everyone. :-)