Waiting for surgery re: Kidney removal

12346

Comments

  • Jamie1.3cm
    Jamie1.3cm Member Posts: 188

    Getting up from bed
    Try this:

    While lying down, roll over onto your right side. With your arms in front of your chest, plant your right elbow into the matress. Make a fist with your right hand. Cover your fist with your left hand and use your left arm to push yourself up.

    That method uses your arm muscles, rather than your shredded abdmoninals to get yourself up.

    Heath
    I hope your surgery goes well. Reading these forums is the best way to prepare yourself for both surgery and life after surgery.

    If they are able to do it laproscopically, your recovery will be shorter. Good luck!
  • kidkenpo
    kidkenpo Member Posts: 20

    Heath
    I hope your surgery goes well. Reading these forums is the best way to prepare yourself for both surgery and life after surgery.

    If they are able to do it laproscopically, your recovery will be shorter. Good luck!

    Jamie,
    Thank you, yes it

    Jamie,

    Thank you, yes it will be laproscopically removed. I am hoping to be on my feet in a week..

    I hope :),

    Again the more I read, the better I feel

    Heath
  • Jamie1.3cm
    Jamie1.3cm Member Posts: 188

    Heath
    I hope your surgery goes well. Reading these forums is the best way to prepare yourself for both surgery and life after surgery.

    If they are able to do it laproscopically, your recovery will be shorter. Good luck!

    Mobility
    They'll have you up walking the day after surgery! But you really wont be eager to move for a few weeks. Take it slow. Let your body tell you your limits.
  • DarrylPe
    DarrylPe Member Posts: 75
    kidkenpo said:

    Jamie,
    Thank you, yes it

    Jamie,

    Thank you, yes it will be laproscopically removed. I am hoping to be on my feet in a week..

    I hope :),

    Again the more I read, the better I feel

    Heath

    Hi all. Kidkenpo you do fine get as much info as you can about your surgery knowledge is power the more you know the more comfortable you feel.I had my right kidney removed on April 13 . I keep you in my prayers .
  • kidkenpo
    kidkenpo Member Posts: 20
    DarrylPe said:

    Hi all. Kidkenpo you do fine get as much info as you can about your surgery knowledge is power the more you know the more comfortable you feel.I had my right kidney removed on April 13 . I keep you in my prayers .

    Thank you Darryl
    I am

    Thank you Darryl

    I am reading as much as possible and thank you for your prayers. I hope that you are doing well and back up on your feet! and starting to feel normal again

    Heath
  • Jamie1.3cm
    Jamie1.3cm Member Posts: 188
    DarrylPe said:

    Hi all. Kidkenpo you do fine get as much info as you can about your surgery knowledge is power the more you know the more comfortable you feel.I had my right kidney removed on April 13 . I keep you in my prayers .

    Good to see you!
    Hey Darryl, it's good to see you posting again! I've been sending you healing vibes. How's it going? I bet you're still pretty sore and moving slowly.
  • kidkenpo
    kidkenpo Member Posts: 20

    Mobility
    They'll have you up walking the day after surgery! But you really wont be eager to move for a few weeks. Take it slow. Let your body tell you your limits.

    Heading into Surgery next
    Heading into Surgery next Tuesday.. wish me luck..

    Heath
  • icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,359 Member
    kidkenpo said:

    Heading into Surgery next
    Heading into Surgery next Tuesday.. wish me luck..

    Heath

    Heath
    Good luck on your surgery. Don't rush the recovery.


    Icemantoo
  • kidkenpo
    kidkenpo Member Posts: 20
    icemantoo said:

    Heath
    Good luck on your surgery. Don't rush the recovery.


    Icemantoo

    Thanks Icemantoo,

    Thanks Icemantoo,
  • lbinmsp
    lbinmsp Member Posts: 266
    kidkenpo said:

    Heading into Surgery next
    Heading into Surgery next Tuesday.. wish me luck..

    Heath

    You'll do ok!
    None of this is a cake-walk - but you will get through it! Your surgery is just a few days away now so your anxiety level is undoubtedly increasing. Stay busy - you'll get enough 'rest' after the surgery. After surgery it's so important to listen to your body - when it says STOP, then you should STOP. Eat many small meals throughout the day and drink plenty of water. Walking is the best exercise you can do.
    We're all pulling for you!
  • puppetman
    puppetman Member Posts: 53
    kidkenpo said:

    Thanks Icemantoo,

    Thanks Icemantoo,

    Kidkenpo
    I had My right kidney out on May 4, 2011, after You have Your kidney out don't do anything but walk and drink water, it does take time.

    Hang in there
  • kidkenpo
    kidkenpo Member Posts: 20
    puppetman said:

    Kidkenpo
    I had My right kidney out on May 4, 2011, after You have Your kidney out don't do anything but walk and drink water, it does take time.

    Hang in there

    Thanks Puppetman, I am glad
    Thanks Puppetman, I am glad you are doing better. may I ask how many days you were in the hospital? again thanks for the information.


    Heath
  • kidkenpo
    kidkenpo Member Posts: 20
    lbinmsp said:

    You'll do ok!
    None of this is a cake-walk - but you will get through it! Your surgery is just a few days away now so your anxiety level is undoubtedly increasing. Stay busy - you'll get enough 'rest' after the surgery. After surgery it's so important to listen to your body - when it says STOP, then you should STOP. Eat many small meals throughout the day and drink plenty of water. Walking is the best exercise you can do.
    We're all pulling for you!

    Ibinmsp,
    Thank you for your

    Ibinmsp,

    Thank you for your input and kind words. "Yes a little nervous" but really want to get it over with also.

    H
  • Katielynn
    Katielynn Member Posts: 61
    kidkenpo said:

    Ibinmsp,
    Thank you for your

    Ibinmsp,

    Thank you for your input and kind words. "Yes a little nervous" but really want to get it over with also.

    H

    Good luck with surgery
    I was wondering what kind of surgery you'll be having? I looked back into some posts and couldn't find you original post.... I know exactly how you're feeling, I can't wait to have my surgery done and over with...Waiting is so difficult, I'm having a partial (for now) nephrectomy left kidney for a 3.4 cm mass....I'm having it done robotically ( another super scarey thought) but if all goes well and he can get it all, I'll only have the partial. If he can't once he's in there I'll have the whole kidney removed...My thoughts and prayers will be with you....God bless
  • kidkenpo
    kidkenpo Member Posts: 20
    Katielynn said:

    Good luck with surgery
    I was wondering what kind of surgery you'll be having? I looked back into some posts and couldn't find you original post.... I know exactly how you're feeling, I can't wait to have my surgery done and over with...Waiting is so difficult, I'm having a partial (for now) nephrectomy left kidney for a 3.4 cm mass....I'm having it done robotically ( another super scarey thought) but if all goes well and he can get it all, I'll only have the partial. If he can't once he's in there I'll have the whole kidney removed...My thoughts and prayers will be with you....God bless

    Hi Katelynn,
    I am having a

    Hi Katelynn,

    I am having a full nephrectomy, I believe that it will be a hand assisted laparoscopic, My Mass is 3.8 and unfortunately it is located in the center of my kidney, so a partial is not recommended:( but i guess it will have to do :) (didn't want it anyways) (insert laugher here).. I will fill in more, hopefully after Tuesday.

    Thank you again and I wish you the best as well

    H
  • puppetman
    puppetman Member Posts: 53
    kidkenpo said:

    Thanks Puppetman, I am glad
    Thanks Puppetman, I am glad you are doing better. may I ask how many days you were in the hospital? again thanks for the information.


    Heath

    I was in the hospital for 3
    I was in the hospital for 3 days.

    I am going to go see My Doc today, wish Me luck?
  • kidkenpo
    kidkenpo Member Posts: 20
    kidkenpo said:

    Hi Katelynn,
    I am having a

    Hi Katelynn,

    I am having a full nephrectomy, I believe that it will be a hand assisted laparoscopic, My Mass is 3.8 and unfortunately it is located in the center of my kidney, so a partial is not recommended:( but i guess it will have to do :) (didn't want it anyways) (insert laugher here).. I will fill in more, hopefully after Tuesday.

    Thank you again and I wish you the best as well

    H

    Back home and feeling
    Back home and feeling better..

    Thank you everyone for your support.. I am a little sore and definitely tired most of the time.. I will take each day slowly.

    Again thank you to everyone and there wonderful support.

    H
  • DarrylPe
    DarrylPe Member Posts: 75

    Good to see you!
    Hey Darryl, it's good to see you posting again! I've been sending you healing vibes. How's it going? I bet you're still pretty sore and moving slowly.

    Great to be hear
    Hi Jamie good to hear from you. Yes boy have I been sore. This week is the frist week that I've felt close to normal I've been so tired and taking alot of power naps. My Creatine has been high since the surgery about 3.7 my doctor says that he expected it to be high for me as of the last blood test it's down to 3.2. How are you hope your feeling great. Thanks for the healing vibes. take care

    Darryl
  • DarrylPe
    DarrylPe Member Posts: 75
    kidkenpo said:

    Back home and feeling
    Back home and feeling better..

    Thank you everyone for your support.. I am a little sore and definitely tired most of the time.. I will take each day slowly.

    Again thank you to everyone and there wonderful support.

    H

    Here's to you
    Hi Health great to see you back. Get plenty of rest and walk as much as you can it really helps.


    Darryl
  • jona187
    jona187 Member Posts: 71
    kidkenpo said:

    Back home and feeling
    Back home and feeling better..

    Thank you everyone for your support.. I am a little sore and definitely tired most of the time.. I will take each day slowly.

    Again thank you to everyone and there wonderful support.

    H

    welcome back and I wish you
    welcome back and I wish you a speedy recovery.

    Try to rest alot and walk like others said. Don't over exert yourself as well :)